Trust open meeting - 14th March, 7:30, Ricoh (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

NorthernWisdom

Is the use of the Ricoh a sign of thawing relations between landlords and tenants, or organised by the Trust?

Is the inability to broadcast live a technical reason to do with the venue, or a request by venue / participants / someone completely different?

Anyway, well done in getting this one up and running at the Ricoh. Regardless of who owns the place, it's a nicer venue than sme the Trust have had to rock up at.

CJ_covblaze

Is the use of the Ricoh a sign of thawing relations between landlords and tenants, or organised by the Trust?

Is the inability to broadcast live a technical reason to do with the venue, or a request by venue / participants / someone completely different?

Anyway, well done in getting this one up and running at the Ricoh. Regardless of who owns the place, it's a nicer venue than sme the Trust have had to rock up at.

Moz sorted out the venue. It’s at the request of Dave. I can understand why. More of a relaxed environment for him with less pressure. The Albany Club is pretty good tbf. The room upstairs has had 6 figures spent on it recently.

NorthernWisdom

Moz sorted out the venue. It’s at the request of Dave. I can understand why. More of a relaxed environment for him with less pressure. The Albany Club is pretty good tbf. The room upstairs has had 6 figures spent on it recently.
Yeah Albany Club is alright, was thinking of some of the others tbf! Regardless, think it's probably good to mix up the days and venues anyway, just so everybody gets a chance to go at some stage so quite happy with this date... even though I can't go ;)

I can kind of see why he'd want it but, let's face it, anything he says will be reported to whoever by people who go anyway, and he's in the business of publicity so must be used to people shoving a camera in his face ;)

Ah well, meh as they say. It's not the biggest issue we have to deal with!

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Any questions?

CJ_covblaze

ccfcway

Could you ask where we are at with the plans for a revenue generating new stadium, or have we resigned ourselves to a year by year Ricoh rental agreement with little ability to generate revenues ?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So what was said? Did we learn anything new?

oucho

How did they get the attendance forecast (and resulting budget) so wrong this season ? And has that person/s been called to account ?

Who said they got them wrong? Where did they predict higher attendances than what has transpired? TBH I'd have though our season average is in line with what I expected at the start of the season.

Could you ask where we are at with the plans for a revenue generating new stadium, or have we resigned ourselves to a year by year Ricoh rental agreement with little ability to generate revenues ?

I assume you ask this purely for the sake of consistency i.e. keeping asking the same question, see how the answer changes to see what you can flush out. I say this because it seems clear to me that until the legals are totally played out, there will be no further action on the new stadium idea. In fact several people pointed out in Boddy's comments when we announced the 12 month Ricoh extension that he sounded like he was implying (without saying so in as many words) that a long term Ricoh lease was the preferred option. Rightly so IMO, building the Ricoh nearly killed this club so building another new ground hardly seems like a recipe for a revival in our fortunes. Plus we don't have the cash - Joy won't put more money in, nobody would lend SISU money to build a new stadium, Cov council jahahaha can't even believe I was going to explain that....SISU are going to try to use the legals to damage Wasps financially to the point where they have enough leverage to get the Ricoh (or a slice of it) off them. That's their Plan A; until they have run out of road on that option, they won't burn any time or money on pipe dreams like building a new ground. I for one am pleased about that, I love the Ricoh and would hate to see us leave (again).

NorthernWisdom

CJ's twitter always does a fine job in absence of a live stream.

Slightly concerned we needed a bridging loan over Christmas. Shows cash is still tight!

Promising news about academy, seems Boddy not involved in mediation process. Other than that, seems a load of generic answers you'd expect at this kind of thing.

wingy

CJ's twitter always does a fine job in absence of a live stream.

Slightly concerned we needed a bridging loan over Christmas. Shows cash is still tight!
Indeed and likely confirms the opposite of Ouchos assertion .
Likely means another interest payment attatched to that loan of around 25%.

oucho

How so?

NorthernWisdom

There will never be any further action on the new stadium idea. Amazed people are still holding onto that hoax.
OK, I'll bite...

Nobody believes SISU will do it.

However, in whatever SISU say, they hook onto kernels of truth to attempt to manipulate a perception. The frustrating thing with this one is because SISU have said about a new ground, the very concept is dismissed out of hand.

It shouldn't be.

clint van damme

interesting tweet regarding the academy. Looks like its long(er) term future could be sorted soon.

oucho

The frustrating thing with this one is because SISU have said about a new ground, the very concept is dismissed out of hand.

It shouldn't be.

Yes, it should be. We have the Ricoh, it is our home and it is a fine, modern stadium. It's the only thing about CCFC part from the name and badge that still scream "Premier League" about the club and we don't pay much to rent it - any revenue we miss out on through the lease arrangement will be far, far less than the money it would cost to build a new ground. Plus, we can't finance it, either through SISU or private investment. It can't, won't and shouldn't happen.

oucho

upload_2018-3-15_19-44-51.png
upload_2018-3-15_19-45-28.png

upload_2018-3-15_19-46-5.png
From all that, it seems that the focus is on rebuilding the relationship with Wasps, growing our use of the Ricoh and aiming for a longer term stay. Can't read any of CJ's tweets in any other way.

oucho

No it shouldn't.
Who's going to pay for it?
Joy/SISU - no, as already stated
Wasps - no, LOL
Another investor - who's going to loan SISU/CCFC £40m+ to build a new stadium and trust them not to renege in some way on their side of the deal? With their track record?

Thankfully even TF and Joy have consigned this loony idea to the dustbin, as shown when they put the New Stadium Forum gimmick out of its misery, ceased all mention of an intention to build a new ground, signed a lease extension that will never cover the build-time of a new ground, I could go on but have other things to do this evening....

clint van damme

View attachment 9263
View attachment 9264

View attachment 9265
From all that, it seems that the focus is on rebuilding the relationship with Wasps, growing our use of the Ricoh and aiming for a longer term stay. Can't read any of CJ's tweets in any other way.
the two don't have to be mutually exclusive. We could build a better relationship with london wasps and maximise revenue stream in the medium term while planning for a new stadium in the longer term. I don't believe for one minute that will happen under sisu but speaking hypothetically.

NorthernWisdom

Who's going to pay for it?
Joy/SISU - no, as already stated
Wasps - no, LOL
Another investor - who's going to loan SISU/CCFC £40m+ to build a new stadium and trust them not to renege in some way on their side of the deal? With their track record?

Thankfully even TF and Joy have consigned this loony idea to the dustbin, as shown when they put the New Stadium Forum gimmick out of its misery, ceased all mention of an intention to build a new ground, signed a lease extension that will never cover the build-time of a new ground, I could go on but have other things to do this evening....
It's pointless discussing it with you as you have such a myopic vision you rant off about something ignoring completely whatever anybody says, which makes this post total gibberish!

wingy

View attachment 9263
View attachment 9264

View attachment 9265
Yeah understand and agree all that Oucho .
Was more to the point on Crowd forecast at the mid point really as they may have a chance to balance by seasons end.
Also starts me wondering about Cup money etc and MR's assertion it was his for January.
Maybe it was or will be or can be once the Stevenson funds hit.

Users who are viewing this thread