Trust to meet the Football League (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Morning all. Just passing on that the Football League will be meeting two members of our board and a Supporters Direct rep tomorrow. Lets hope there's some positive news!

_brian_

Morning all. Just passing on that the Football League will be meeting two members of our board and a Supporters Direct rep tomorrow. Lets hope there's some positive news!

If I hand write a "SISU OUT!" note will you pass it on for me please, mate?!?! It might just help sway their judgement! Thanks in advance!

RoboCCFC90

No offence CJ but there's much they can tell you..

fernandopartridge

At a guess they'll describe their standard process to you and tell you that they're in stage x of it. They won't give any indication of whether or not they intend to award the Golden Share to Otium.

letsallsingtogether

Shit another Thread to get Mr Angry going sending those self centered non Coventry supporting fans to do our talking after all he has done:mad:

I feel their is going to be another Ranting Essay on the way :eek::eek::eek:

letsallsingtogether

Well done to The trust for:claping hands::claping hands: in even getting through to them.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Shit another Thread to get Mr Angry going sending those self centered non Coventry supporting fans to do our talking after all he has done:mad:

I feel their is going to be another Ranting Essay on the way :eek::eek::eek:

Cant wait, still havent had a reply to my invite to him. PSGM1 I will also pick you up and take you home if that is a problem so whats the answer PSGMI?

RoboCCFC90

Cant wait, still havent had a reply to my invite to him. PSGM1 I will also pick you up and take you home if that is a problem so whats the answer PSGMI?

The thing in this instance PSGM1 will ask why/what SBT will find out more than the information that has already been released and to be honest it is a waste of time..

CJ_covblaze

They may have nothing new to tell us but at least it's a positive step that they're willing to liaise with fans.

No fans = no clubs = no FL

Should be noted they're making the effort to come up to see us. We're not traveling to see them (apart from the Trust board member that lives in Bury!).

jimmyhillsfanclub

Trust: Can you give us any idea as to what the fuck is going on....why the delays....just give us something...anything.

FL: We refer you to our previous long-winded statement that clearly states nothing in particular.

Trust: But...

FL: Thanks for coming...

Trust: But..

FL: Oh, there is one thing...

Trust: Yes...

FL: Stop spamming us. Goodbye.

RoboCCFC90

They may have nothing new to tell us but at least it's a positive step that they're willing to liaise with fans.

No fans = no clubs = no FL

Should be noted they're making the effort to come up to see us. We're not traveling to see them (apart from the Trust board member that lives in Bury!).

It's great that the FL are willing to liase with fans, but the whole idea of this is surely to gather information that isn't already known to the fans of CCFC, with this not being possible isn't it just the FL telling you things you have heard at the Forum, through the CT, etc?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Trust: Can you give us any idea as to what the fuck is going on....why the delays....just give us something...anything.

FL: We refer you to our previous long-winded statement that clearly states nothing in particular.

Trust: But...

FL: Thanks for coming...

Trust: But..

FL: Oh, there is one thing...

Trust: Yes...

FL: Stop spamming us. Goodbye.

That would actually be brilliant. Dear government it is now time to start an inquiry into football in the UK especially with regards to FL and FA. It is apparant that these two organisations are not fit and proper bodies to administer this multi billion pound industry. They are allowing companies of unknown sources of finance shoddy management to not comply with the law of the land. As for taxes please ask HMRC what they think. I think a far reaching enuiry is needed posibly with new laws brought into place. This can be done for example The reccommendations of the Taylor Report are now law.
Make that clear to them CJ because there are a few of us that are not going to stop and they will be the losers

mattylad

great news, they did support the Portsmouth trust so no reason why they should not listen to your views.

wingy

How about ......

Trust "You would never dream of letting a club move franchise around 50 miles away again......................would you"?:mad:

wes_cov

Am i the only one thinking this is less about the Trust getting information from the FL but more about the FL getting more information from the trust?

Either way it can only be a positive thing.... Surely?

J

Jack Griffin

Here are some ideas, as a parting gift hand them print outs of following that support your case...

Results of relevant polls - showing fan base attitude
Results of relevant petitions - showing fan base attitude
Comments on Coventry Telegraph - showing fan base attitude
The many stories from Coventry Telegraph where former players support the fanbase

Show them that the overwhelming opinion of the fans supports your stance.. they may file them & ignore, but they really should pay attention to what the fans want, the game is nothing without the fans

jesus-wept

If they are taking the supporters direct guy who was at one of the Trust meetings i attended he is a good speaker and they (the FL) know him. It's a start of what i believe to be the most important month or so in our history. Anyone who comes on here and slags off this meeting can fuck off.

CJ_covblaze

Am i the only one thinking this is less about the Trust getting information from the FL but more about the FL getting more information from the trust?

Either way it can only be a positive thing.... Surely?

Correct Wes

CJ_covblaze

If they are taking the supporters direct guy who was at one of the Trust meetings i attended he is a good speaker and they (the FL) know him. It's a start of what i believe to be the most important month or so in our history. Anyone who comes on here and slags off this meeting can feck off.

That was Ben Shave. Portuguese footie expert and big Watford fan. Very interesting bloke. We've been working several people from SD. Kev Rye is with us tomorrow. He was involved with setting up AFC Wimbledon when his club got taken from him.

jesus-wept

That was Ben Shave. Portuguese footie expert and big Watford fan. Very interesting bloke. We've been working several people from SD. Kev Rye is with us tomorrow. He was involved with setting up AFC Wimbledon when his club got taken from him.
CJ these meetings are fine but we now need to become more radicle imo. I am sorry but the Trust are too nice, making statues etc, going to empty offices, no good, go when the office if full, okay the old bill turn up so what just move on then. And why always meet on a fucking Monday varey it, work patterns nowadays mean some can't make particular days.

Last edited:

Jimthor

Here are some ideas, as a parting gift hand them print outs of following that support your case...

Results of relevant polls - showing fan base attitude
Results of relevant petitions - showing fan base attitude
Comments on Coventry Telegraph - showing fan base attitude
The many stories from Coventry Telegraph where former players support the fanbase

Show them that the overwhelming opinion of the fans supports your stance.. they may file them & ignore, but they really should pay attention to what the fans want, the game is nothing without the fans

I think this is a smart idea. Give them quantifiable data printed on paper. Makes it a lot harder to skip over, misinterpret or underestimate.

Sky Blue Dal

While they meeting them, they might as well hand them the petitions to stay in Coventry and also the petition created by Chad who managed to get a fair number of signatures.

If other campaigners can do this at Downing street, can't see why FL can't accept our petition.

wingy

I think this is a smart idea. Give them quantifiable data printed on paper. Makes it a lot harder to skip over, misinterpret or underestimate.

Don't forget the Clubs own data ,as yet unpublished ,a mere 25% willing to watch the team outside of the City. Did anyone save what were the actual questions? Could add a bit more perspective /context.

Otis

If they are taking the supporters direct guy who was at one of the Trust meetings i attended he is a good speaker and they (the FL) know him. It's a start of what i believe to be the most important month or so in our history. Anyone who comes on here and slags off this meeting can fuck off.

Very easy for people to have a moan on a internet forum. Takes no effort at all.

Whether you support the Trust or not, you have to tip your hat to them for at least making an effort and taking the time out to try and air fans' concerns.

wingy

Very easy for people to have a moan on a internet forum. Takes no effort at all.

Whether you support the Trust or not, you have to tip your hat to them for at least making an effort and taking the time out to try and air fans' concerns.
I'd read it as a moan of encouragement rather than a generalised why bother moan TBF Otis.

Leamington Pete

Pah! Bloody Trust! They come round 'ere, arranging useful meetings with the FL and trying to find out what's going on. Who do they think they are?!

:whistle:

shy_tall_knight

I see this as a chance to inform the FL constructively about the opposition to moving the club out of Cov. Not to talk about SISU or the administrator just demonstrate that the vast majority of Cov fans d not support this idea and fear that if allowed the club will fade away. please mention wimbledon MK dons ie we don't want another. Well done SBT.

SkyblueBazza

I'd be surprised if the Trust or FL glean anything dramatic in terms of information from this. I support the meeting though. I suspect the FL will hide their real motive (probably to pacify the supporters "We are listening/sympathetic") although with well thought through & well presented points made by the Trust - real...& lasting empathy can be gained which could bring the emotional standpoint of fans more into focus & therefore hold more sway in the FL decision makers' minds.
Good on you...GO FOR IT! (There's a song there somewhere)

cashless

Will you also be making the point that there are a proportion of Coventry fans who are no neccessarily "Sisu out at any costs" and are taking a more pragmatic approach?

Bet you wont.
Instead, why not tell the FL all about your ludicrous Seppala statue stunt to show them you mean business.

Users who are viewing this thread