Tudgay (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

For me personally we've been carrying the player and when Jackson returns from international duty, should take his place. I don't like how he's played very poorly thus but still starts.

Thoughts?

leachy19

I almost feel like Pressley is starting him and just waiting for him to come good. I can't see it ever happening. McQuoid has goals in him. Surely him and Nouble should start for now.

Gray

First time i've seen him play so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he seemed to add nothing to the team, No pace hes not a target man. I'll give him a few more chances but McQuoid looked a much better player

Sky Blue Harry H

Our forwards didn't look like running past a player and if O'Brien hadn't been opening them up from midfield I think we would have really struggled.

We do have Coulibally and Jackson who may make us look more potent, and Nouble should improve when he gets fit. Thought Tudgay had a bit of a mare - hopefully he'll come good - he should be good enough at L1 level, but at least we have options if people are off song.

CCFC_Charlie

Still reserving judgement on Tudgay. Link between the strikers and the midfield was missing for a lot of the second half last night and him and Nouble looked quite similar players, as do him and McQuoid. I don't think it helps any of them to be playing alongside a similar striker.

junglej13

He didnt have a great game but is a lot better than he showed last night. Will still be a good player for us.

Skyblueweeman

Useful squad player...has undoubted quality for this level...just hasn't shown it in a Sky Blue top yet. I can't wait to see what Jackson will bring to the team.

Also, is Miller injured? He was another player I was looking forward to seeing.

Chez78

First time I've seen him last night and I wasn't impressed at all, I've had a fair few digs at McQuoid and Webster and from what I saw of McQuoid last night I'd start him ahead of Tudgay all day long. As for Webster last night was the first time I've seen him put in a performance I expect from a centre half with his kind of experience. I'll reserve judgement on Tudgay but surely he can't play that bad every week???

wingy

Useful squad player...has undoubted quality for this level...just hasn't shown it in a Sky Blue top yet. I can't wait to see what Jackson will bring to the team.

Also, is Miller injured? He was another player I was looking forward to seeing.

Think SP pretty much Intimated in an Interview that Miller will be a bit part player ,certainly looks that way with potentially 4-5 strikers on the books.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I agree about Tudgay. I wasn't impressed at all with him. I just hope he's going through a bad patch and will come good soon. I was quite impressed with O'Brien though. And hopefull young Haynes will improve. He played an excellent first half with some great crosses, but seemed to lack something in the second half. Still, he's only a youngster yet.

Leamington Pete

I agree about Tudgay. I wasn't impressed at all with him. I just hope he's going through a bad patch and will come good soon. I was quite impressed with O'Brien though. And hopefull young Haynes will improve. He played an excellent first half with some great crosses, but seemed to lack something in the second half. Still, he's only a youngster yet.

Thought what he lacked in the second half was being given the ball.

Gint11

Agree with the above, tried hard but made all the wrong runs and got frustrated. Think he's passed it, nouble showed him up, only 1 game live thiugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndreasB

For me personally we've been carrying the player and when Jackson returns from international duty, should take his place. I don't like how he's played very poorly thus but still starts.

Thoughts?

You've seen one fucking game and already made your mind up. Well done.

Johnnythespider

For me he isn't doing enough to start, as for the second half I thought we started it brightly but the game changed when Nouble went off, I think he will be a key player for us linking play.

Kingokings204

Tudgay is a very good player make no mistake. He obviously had a crap game the ther night but it just didn't happen for him. Out of 46 league games how many does a player in this league have a good game. Maybe half?

He has played 5 games. Give him a chance and then re assess. I wasn't impressed either on Friday but overall a great squad player if nothing else.

The Lurker

You've seen one fucking game and already made your mind up. Well done.

Behave... I've been 4 games this season and not seen anything from him to suggest he's gonna do us any good. Hope I'm proved wrong

StevieM

I thought that he looked like he was carrying an injury, a good example was in the second half McCoid broke with the ball and Tudgay started to make a good run off to his right but looked like he was running through porridge!
He obviously was trying to run as fast as poss but couldn't do it, he held the back of his thigh and looked to the bench and even walked over but we didn't have anyone to replace him anyway hence the introduction of Hines at centre forward.
I've watched him on the FL show for years and he can put chances away, early doors to write the bloke off just yet.

Otis

What happened in the second half was that Gilligham on a number of occasions were targeting balls played through the air, over the top of Haynes for that speedy runner they had to try and latch on to. That then inevevitably pushed the young football onto the back foot and he couldn't get forwards quite as much. That defintely had a degree of impact in how Haynes played second half.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Reminded me a bit of Clingan: no real runs forward and a lot of sideways and backwards passes when he was given the ball. Only seem him twice (MK Dons away) but hoping its just a slow start.

RoboCCFC90

I think within 5/6 games we can't be writing players off.. Judge them at the end of the season and not before.

RegiswasGod

I think Tudgay was a hinderance on Friday. Particularly in the second half - his reluctance to make forward runs was killing our attacks. As soon as we went back to 5 at the back, on around 30 minutes, Gillingham were allowed into the game. When we played what in essence was a 3-5-2, we were excellent. But Tudgay was very poor. As was Connor Thomas.....

Evans1883

I think he would improve with the target man next to him , but in general think he is a 10 goal a season striker at best , his career suggests this aswel , for me i would be looking to get jackson as sharp as possible and lining him upfront with nouble , and for me i think in january city should make a bid for bradfords james hanson , but thats just me

Ashdown

Can't disagree with much that has been said about Tudgay on here. When he signed I was surprised and pleased but certainly on Friday he was awful.

gally9

Im not sure he was awful.. he certainly didnt look like one of the experienced players though.

TheOldFive

I recall very similar complaints about Leon Clarke before things clicked - that he was lazy, wanted others to do the running. Turned out his twofold strengths were his hold up play and allowing himself to be the pivot for attacking midfielders to spin off, and once the confidence came from the results borne of that he got forward more and found the net. Tudgay has the skills to replicate all of this at this level given some time and O'brien, (certainly) Swanson (Maybe) and the wing backs to bomb on through him. Use in tandem with the Ipswich lad as a battering ram when needed against "that sort of opposition" and Jackson in the Wilson role. We will be all right up front, not even mentioned McQuoid or Miller who are no dummies at this level.

The Lurker

Seems many fans are using his past as something to look forward to? Hope im proved wrong but to me it feels like another Sherwood, Staunton, Hreidarsson, Prutton and Steve Walsh esq player. Last pay cheque with no impact

johnwillomagic

I think that currently Jackson & Nouble are way short of match fitness.

For that reason alone I was a little surprised Nouble started ahead of the inform Mcquoid but it worked!!!
I think Jackson way short of starting but I would like to see Nouble start as lump up top with Mcquoid alongside him as been in the goals.

Tudgay benched to kick him up backside a bit and of course Jackson also who for me is good for 30-45 minutes at best currently imo!

Have a feeling Pressley will stick to Nouble and Tudgay though - hope not but do also think Tudgay will come good at some stage also

Users who are viewing this thread