Twist'n'Shout - JIMBO (1 Viewer)

Didn't realise until last Saturday that the guy flogging copies of the Twist'n'Shout fanzine at the corner of the ground (the corner near the railway lines opposite Block 15) was the "Jimbo" who opens the comments column in T&S and is also co-owner of the fanzine.

He also went on to say he used to subscribe to SBT (last entry 17/06/08 under the name of Jimbo.CCFC4life.) but stopped when the membership numbers were very low. He was amazed when I told him that there were now 2,150+ members and rising.

So if you are reading this Jimbo welcome back - it's a fabulous media for CCFC fans and old gits like me.

PUSB

Buggy

I'm one of the other sellers, the blonde lady who shouts about TnS! Follow this forum on twitter a lot, think this thread to do with my boss persuaded me to sign up. Good old Jimbo.

wingy

Took his son up last night ,am his grandfather,2.5 yrs old knows all the songs and will play for them in about fifteen yrs ,must have done the toilet run five times in the first half,afraid we've given him affliction of life SKYBLUE:D

Thanks Coventry La La La,

I must add also that I am pretty sure that TnS have seen off most of their rival fanzines over the years and continue, like SBT, to offer in depth football commentary about our beloved club.

I admire people like Jimbo and now our new "blonde lady" BUGGY who really work exceptionally hard not only producing TnS but selling it under adverse weather conditions with a warm smile.

ps: am awaiting Jimbo's first (new) post

PUSB

Buggy

Thanks guys, I appreciate it :)

It's safe to say, selling the fanzine since 2009 has right exposed me to the weather! It's also been a laugh, and even though it's tough for me to afford the matches all the time, I stick to TnS!

Be sure to say hello next time you pick a copy up, new one is out at Forest :)

WillieStanley

Ahhh Twist and Shout. Always my preferred fanzine. It practically cemented my comedy status at school in the 90's. The first school day after a home match I plagiarised and recited all the jokes from it and became a legend... then everyone found out where I was getting my material from and... well, I went from the comedic equivelent of Roland Nilson to Joe Pascquale.

I've got an England edition from an England friendly at Anfield from some years ago rattling round my CCFC memorabilia. I'll dish it out to see if I can remember who it was against. I think it was Finland...

valiant15

I know who you are now. I bought a copy before the reading game and you told me to enjoy the game,I just mumbled 'ill try' and walked off lol. I'll try and be a bit more cherry next time:)

thank you all. As johnie said i used to come on here years ago but the numbers were woeful, really pleased to see its took off. selling tns is the best way to spend an hour before the game, have made some great friends while doing it and couldnt imagine a home game not doing it now...itll be 10 years since i started selling next season! ta johnie for your continual support with regards tns and thanks wingy for taking josh, he's been telling me about all his toilet runs tonight, and of course buggy for always being there too sell even in the pouring rain! (shame you joined after chelsea home!) are any of you making the trip to oakwell saturday?

rob9872

Admire you for making the effort to produce TnS but I never buy one any longer. In fact I assumed the internet had pretty much killed them off which is a shame. I used to buy it (and the West Ender before that) but when I last bought it there was nothing I found really informative as it's all pretty much on the boards and the jokes were all old material by the time I read them. Shame really, but I guess that's the same with newspapers and magazines too and just a reflection of the time.

Do you have a loyal readership Jimbo or have you noticed a sharp decline in sales over the past couple of seasons?

I will be at Oakwell btw and good luck

Thanks for those kind words Jimbo - look forward to seeing you on 15th Oct against the Forest and hope your future (hopefully) input into SBT doesn't compromise your TnS contributions.

PUSB

Rob, i have a very loyal readership, some who don't go the games anymore and as a result i've got more subscribers than i used to have. the first 2 months this season have also been the best months for sales ive had for a good while, it's weird as i usually sell more when we're doing bad on the field than when everything is rosey. johnie is a regular reader, whos always brought one off me ever since i've been selling them. i'll never sell enough however to live off but it's great for a bit of a laugh.

Hi Buggy and Jimbo.CCFC4life!. This is a revelation to me. I stopped buying the official matchday programme years ago and never realised there wa s a fanzine. I'll be making a beeline over on Saturday. A pound(?!) you say? That's an absolute steal.
Well done on sticking at such a valuable source of entertainment/information for everyone :claping hands:

Hi Rev,

I found this online:-

We do also do subscriptions which means that you can now get Twist 'n' Shout delivered straight to your front door, you can do this by paying through pay pal or sending a cheque to 'Mr J Raffell' at 51 Wallace Road, Keresley, Coventry, CV6 2LW. Subscriptions are £5/10/15/20 for 4/8/12/16 issues respectivaly, overseas are £6/13/19/25 for 4/8/12/16 issues, with the 16 issue subscription you will also have a free badge sent out with the fanzine.

Users who are viewing this thread