Two clubs, one share (1 Viewer)

D

Ddccfc

Could we end up in a situation where PH4 owns CCFC LTD, the FL Golden Share and a half share in the Ricoh but with no players.

The other half of that equation would obviously be SISU in control of CCFC Holdings LTD with all of the players contracts, no golden share and nowhere to play.

Just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:

dongonzalos

Wouldn't be too bad. The new Coventry get to sign 22 professionals on free transfers for league one wages. . (yes JWM, 22)

Who owns the kids in that scenario?

Sbarcher

No Problem here, PH4 just spends a little more cash and brings a team in. Leaves SISU with major financial liability and no room to move........ larvely!!

torchomatic

A couple of grand should do it.

No Problem here, PH4 just spends a little more cash and brings a team in. Leaves SISU with major financial liability and no room to move........ larvely!!

D

Ddccfc

That does seen a bit harsh on the pros left with no club to play for!

torchomatic

WFC

At least you would have a way forward for the future, but might get some hefty damage for the FL if you've fielded ineligible players at any point over the last season or if their registration was deemed o.k but they are deemed to be owned by a third party.

Having said all that given the situation you're currently in I'd still call that a result.

WFC

Thanks for addressing the original post everyone! *facepalm*

If it helps, in theory yes.:D ... but there would still only be one club as such i.e the one with the right to play in the football league, there would just be two companies, which we already know there is but the relationship between them and the assets within them is still unclear at the moment.

SkyBlueScottie

I would imagine if this was the situation SISU would try and sell the squad for 60 million.....

Be rather embarrassing that we never achieved promotion with such a valuable squad.....

Sky Blue Dal

This will never happen...

I am led to believe that the player registration will or should be transferred to whoever has the Golden Share, otherwise the footballers will have no right to play in the football league whilst they are with CCFCH (that is if they DO NOT hold the golden share).

This will result in there contracts being broken between themselves and CCFC holding, giving the players the green light to leave CCFCH and transfering to CCFC Ltd with the new owners or to another league club.

Most of the players contracts most likely stipulates that they will represent CCFC in the FL

Sorry to say this topic is pointless.

Last edited:
D

Ddccfc

This will not happen...

I am led to believe that the player registration will or should be transferred to whoever has the Golden Share, otherwise the footballers will have no right to play in the football league whilst they are with CCFCH if they do not hold the golden share.

This will result in the contract being broken between CCFC holding and the players, who will legally free to leave CCFCH and transfer to CCFC Ltd with new owners or another league club.

Sorry to say this topic is pointless.

I'm not sure how you've concluded it's pointless when your own post infers this is a situation which could arise.

You bring the scenario to a conclusion based on what you have been "led to believe" but that doesn't mean your conclusion is correct or that the original subject matter of the thread is not worth discussing.

Joe Elliot told me that player registrations were in both holdings and ltd. My expectation is that the League would get invovled if this happened and perhaps contracts would become null and void in holdings.

spwaverley4916

I am led to believe that the player registration will or should be transferred to whoever has the Golden Share, otherwise the footballers will have no right to play in the football league whilst they are with CCFCH (that is if they DO NOT hold the golden share).

This will result in there contracts being broken between themselves and CCFC holding, giving the players the green light to leave CCFCH and transfering to CCFC Ltd with the new owners or to another league club.

is this not similar as what happened with the players at Glasgow Rangers??

Sky Blue Dal

is this not similar as what happened with the players at Glasgow Rangers??

I believe it did!!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Dal

I'm not sure how you've concluded it's pointless when your own post infers this is a situation which could arise.

You bring the scenario to a conclusion based on what you have been "led to believe" but that doesn't mean your conclusion is correct or that the original subject matter of the thread is not worth discussing.

Please carry on discussing this scenario if you feel its worth discussing about. I had contributed to this thread to say there is not a cat in hells chance that this will ever happen with CCFC.

D

Ddccfc

Joe Elliot told me that player registrations were in both holdings and ltd. My expectation is that the League would get invovled if this happened and perhaps contracts would become null and void in holdings.

The administrator's report, just published, confirms the contracts are with CCFC (Holdings).

D

Ddccfc

Please carry on discussing this scenario if you feel its worth discussing about. I had contributed to this thread to say there is not a cat in hells chance that this will ever happen with CCFC.

Why? Please share whatever information you have which you feel could be relevant to back up your assertions.

WFC

The scenario is possible, just no-one really knows how likely until all the facts are known.

If the golden share is ultimately determined as being in Ltd and if the player contracts are with holdings, there's still the question of is their registration with the league/FA with Ltd or Holdings? And are the two companies intrinsically linked?

If the g.share is with Ltd, and the contracts and registrations are with Holdings and they are not intrinsically linked then you would have the scenario suggested; however the registrations should never have been accepted and the club will have potentially fielded ineligible players, cue arguments about whether that is the leagues fault or the clubs and who led who to believe what in terms of the relationship between the companies. These are the wide spread implications for football in England that were talked about some time ago as it brings the integrity of the league last season into question and lots of other clubs will be up in arms about it as well. Could result in severe penalties but could also see legal challenges against these most likely resulting in some negotiated deal behind the scenes still resulting in some form of lesser penalty. Players would have to be transferred to where the g.share is (possibly only if takeover is completed) or contracts declared null and avoid and all players free for find clubs.

If the above was the case but the two companies are linked I haven't got a clue what could mean other than I guess Holdings could be subject to admin, players and club would not be split as in the suggested scenario, administrator would have the power to get rid of players with their contract value sitting as a preferential debt. Probably no further penalty unless coming out of admin without proper agreement in place. Would all become a much more standard admin situation.

Until everything is known who knows what will happen, it's a case of which end of the shit stick do you want. Either way it will be only one end of it rather than both ends and the pile it's sitting on which it could be argued is what you have at the moment.

To be honest regardless of what penalties, what league you end up in etc, if you end up with a club still playing in Coventry with all this mess cleared up and under management running you properly with some real interest in the club and it's fans then it will be a good result for you guys and although it may not seem like it will have been worth all the stress. Let's jut hope that is the end result. Depending on what happens regarding the integrity of the league you may have to put up with being about as popular as MK dons with other fans for a while though.

If SISU are unable to continue as a football club surely the players contracts would be void due to breech of contract!

So that would leave PH4 with a blank sheet to start with, no manager, no players but the opportunity to sign who he wants free of charge. Thank you Mr Fisher.

WFC

Yep, probably all contracts could be void in that case and they could probably all sue Holdings.

WFC

Biggest concern at the moment is that as the league says Ltd have the right to play but contracts are with Holdings means regardless of what's going on with your current players etc you don't have a team at all and you don't have a ground at all as they won't use the Ricoh even though ACL will let you.

Basically means you should be chucked out the league at the moment. Needs the league to confirm that the current team can continue to represent you whilst the mess is sorted out but they may be reluctant to do this if it prejudices claim to the g.share. it would have to be clear that it is a 'without prejudice' agreement and would need to be clear about whether penalties would apply if it turned out g.share and player ownership was split.

Personally I think they'll find some way of letting you continue next season while this gets sorted which could take 18 Months, but it is very worrying because at the moment there is effectively no Coventry City, it's all been split up in bits.

WFC

contracts in holdings, registrations (well some at least) in ltd

If the registrations are in Ltd that helps massively as it at least means you have a team. Might just be guilty of breaching third party ownership rules then which should hopefully just mean a hefty fine.

D

Ddccfc

If PH successfully bids for CCFC LTD the Football league will have to decide whether to grant the share to CCFC LTD or SISU-owned CCFC (Holdings)

wingy

If PH successfully bids for CCFC LTD the Football league will have to decide whether to grant the share to CCFC LTD or SISU-owned CCFC (Holdings)

I think that will be down to a court ,the League are sure enough of their ground .

rob9872

I preferred two girls one cup

D

Ddccfc

The league would surely prefer the least complex solution. That would seem to be the one with no ground-sharing, no move away from the city and no fan disruption.

I can't for one minute think they would be happy with SISU's plan if there's any sort of alternative. The FL will get what they want. It's their competition at the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread