U18/U21 Development Thread (5 Viewers)

skybluegod

Spence almost through on goal about to pull trigger and gets tackled by recovering defender and that's half term

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

skybluegod

Is he physically ready for first team football? Or is he like Maddison?
He's not really been tested in this match and looks a bit bigger than madders IMO, but wouldn't throw him in just yet, you can see he is very raw but there is definitely a player in there

SkyBlueZack

Thanks. Pleased with the signings so far. Hopefully the Bulgarian will come good too after a pre-season. Reasons to be optimistic I think.

skybluegod

Thanks. Pleased with the signings so far. Hopefully the Bulgarian will come good too after a pre-season. Reasons to be optimistic I think.
Yeah they both look like they could be good signings, and Bulgarian's first match so more to come

skybluegod

Brilliant break by city either Thomas or spence switches too devon who had made a great run, and volley which the keeper again parries behind

skybluegod

Bulgarian (need to learn his name) is subbed off for maycock I believe

skybluegod

Almost 3 at the back ATM as we get on top and sayoud begins to work back less

skybluegod

2-0 spence taps it in, after Shipley, who just came on for ruben, shoots as it comes to him on the penalty spot, saved and spence taps in the rebound

skybluegod

Wouldn't say Devon was that impressive dion definitely and also Spence who I thought deserved the goal.

Ruben was pretty poor if im honest
Cian harries reminds me of John stones, very good at bringing the ball out of defence and starting to add physicality to his game nicely

covcity4life

very encouraging. i thought g thomas was shit vs colchester when he came on but no doubt his u21 record is good so he should be promoted to first team next year. same with sambolu if he stays

pretty confident he will challenge for top 6 again next year, this time hopefully for wee bit longer.

Si80

My boss reffed this yesterday. Said George Thomas was the best player on the pitch.
Bulgarian was no great shakes. Impressed by the Kelly-Evans twins too.

skybluegod

My boss reffed this yesterday. Said George Thomas was the best player on the pitch.
Bulgarian was no great shakes. Impressed by the Kelly-Evans twins too.

That's interesting, I thought Dion was MOTM, George played well but needs to shoot earlier, I agree on the bulgarian, but it is too soon to judge as it was his first match, and nowhere near match fit. He played it nice and simple and won his duels.

SkyBlueZack

I'd like to see George Thomas given a run off the bench, see how he does. What would people say his best/natural position is?

SlowerThanPlatt

The U18s are at home to Crewe tomorrow looking to bounce back after Saturday's defeat, 12:30 kick off at the Higgs. Already beat them twice this season.

Our U10s and U11s have been taking part in the Oakham School Academy Festival along with Dundee United, Bradford, Sunderland, Soccer Elite Football Academy and Leicester.

Our U13s are playing in the Premier League Cup tomorrow and will be facing Arsenal, Derby, Liverpool, Man United and Middlesbrough in their group. Our U12s won the same tournament a few months back, defeating Man United, Wigan and Liverpool and are now through to the National Finals.

Last edited:

Joy Division

By using their agents to get an improved contract the extra money they earn will only go towards the fee's they pay their agents. They don't work for free!

SlowerThanPlatt

Jack Challis, Coventry born centre back (been released by Birmingham) is playing for the U18s today as is a trialist striker.

Skuza

Whitmore
Thompson
Challis (trialist)
Camwell

Maycock
Bayliss

Mantsounga
Hickman
Finn

Trialist

Not at the game today. @coventry_City for updates on Twitter.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

No player under 19 should have an agent the pfa should do their negotiating for them

SlowerThanPlatt

Know young Challis's dad.
Think they picked him up when he was nine or ten.

Recently captained Wales U19s in a friendly against Czech Republic. Birmingham. Think he's been released because there's a younger centre back who they rate higher in Josh Martin, he got a squad number when he was 15

SlowerThanPlatt

The U18s beat 2nd placed in the South Division Charlton Athletic 4-3 this afternoon in their final home game of the season. Trialist (Jordan Ponticelli) netted 2, with Kyle Finn and Jordan Thompson also on the scoresheet.

The trialist striker on Wednesday against Crewe was Jaavan Campbell, who didn't get offered a scholarship at Arsenal. He played 60 minutes before being replaced. Seems like there's going to be lots of outsourcing for the first years next season, as only 3 U16s have been offered scholarships which leaves 5 or 6 spots open.

Barnsley away on Tuesday for the U18s, 11am kick off I think.

Winny the Bish

Jordan Ponticelli has been playing for the Strachan Football Foundation/Rugby Town youth team. He scores the 3rd and 4th goals in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UICEn9qy6ds

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread