UEFA CUP Penalties (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Maybe Spurs should have got City to take there penalties One thing you couldn't knock for this season except for Macca miss!

T

tobymillward

20 years of aiming at a goal, and he still misses. Never ceases to amaze me.

letsallsingtogether

Yes it should be a basic action for any Pro footballer to get it on target!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackoskyblue

But a penalty in the quarter final of Europa league after playing 120mins (didn't watch whole game don't know if he did) tired legs, when I played I think we were involved in 10 pen shootouts, I smashed home every pen apart from a pen in the semi final of a cup at Bedworth Oval for some reason I went down the middle little power (opposite to what id done previous 9 times) the pressure got to me and that's in front of 50 people at under 16 level, yes he's paid a lot of money but they don't walk up thinking I get 50 grand to do this, they walk up like any normal person.

T

tobymillward

I wouldn't even play Adebayor for 60 minutes. In my opinion he is way past his peak, and lazy. Played well against us this season though.

LastGarrison

But a penalty in the quarter final of Europa league after playing 120mins (didn't watch whole game don't know if he did) tired legs, when I played I think we were involved in 10 pen shootouts, I smashed home every pen apart from a pen in the semi final of a cup at Bedworth Oval for some reason I went down the middle little power (opposite to what id done previous 9 times) the pressure got to me and that's in front of 50 people at under 16 level, yes he's paid a lot of money but they don't walk up thinking I get 50 grand to do this, they walk up like any normal person.

But given the pressure situation and the imprtance of the penalty don't do a silly fucking shakey leg shuffle and then sky it a yard over the bar.

As letsallsingtogether says it should be imperative that you at least give yourself a chance by ensuring you hit the target.

Have to say though Adebayor wouldn't have been one of my picks to take a pen last night. Still amazes me how well Spurs have done this season when all they have is two average Premiership strikers in Defoe and Adebayor. They really need to get at least a couple in, in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread