Ultras! (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueMania

So i was at the Celtic vs Hibs game at Parkhead at the weekend with some Celtic friends of mine (I live in Scotland) and i had the joy of witnessing the newly formed Celtic ultras in full swing.

Long story short, atmosphere at Celtic park was slowly deteriorating as the football on the pitch slowly regressed to long ball heave ho, not so inspiring after the years of brilliant football witnessed at the feet of some football greats. season ticket sales have been slowly falling as well, but one group of supporters have taken advantage of this fact to rejuvenate the flailing atmosphere at the ground.

The Green Brigade, a large group of vocal supporters, previously dotted around the stadium, managed to obtain a block of tickets in the newly empty seats in the stands. In the corner of the Lisbon Lions stand they've amalgamated in to a large group of 'ultras'. throughout the game on saturday they sang and jumped about and generally created an atmosphere at the game single handedly.

My reason for this long story is simply would there be any interest from Coventry fans in taking advantage of the empty stadium and creating, with cooperation of the club, a 'singing' area (sounds less aggressive that 'ultras') which could greatly improve the atmosphere in the stadium? Has anyone tried this before?

What are peoples thoughts?

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
There are singing "corners" as designated by the club...and Blocks 15 & 16 don't do a bad job...and sometimes even the Telegraph stand wake up!

Spence CCFC

I hate the term Ultra. In this country it's extremely embarrassing and just looks terrible. I'm all for creating an atmosphere just not with banners and flares that the traditional ultras use.

Users who are viewing this thread