Unusual Surname Club (1 Viewer)

trevelfarandwide

Not sure if this has been posted before, and I recognise that some chaps may prefer to remain anonymous, but who has an unusual surname?

Either that, or what's the most unusual/bizarre surname you've heard?

Mine is Trevelyan, like the Bond villain from Goldeneye, which is of Russian extraction I believe.

rob9872

Whatsize!!

trevelfarandwide

I genuinely did meet a woman last year named Mrs Cocksmouth.

Gazolba

<snip>

Mine is Trevelyan, like the Bond villain from Goldeneye, which is of Russian extraction I believe.
Trevelyan is definitely Cornish. There are some great names in Cornwall (people names and place names) deriving from the old Cornish language.

Gazolba

Indian last names take some beating. I worked with a guy called Srikumar Lakschminarayanan. The names in Sri Lanka are even worse.

rob9872

Was a family stall on the market since it began 100 or so years ago (about 6 of them in the 60s) until approx 10 years ago. My uncles was the last worth thousands each but could barely give it away in the end.

rob9872

Probably my aunt or cousin - mum not worked since she sold hairdressers in Earlsdon in about 1971!

pastythegreat

There not unusual surnames but I generally find Africans have unusual 1st names.
3 kids at my sons school, twins and their older sister. The 1st born twin is called blessings, the 2nd born is more blessings and the older sister..... Stephanie.
Also met a Nigerian guy called (and he proved this with his passport) Grandad. Could this even begin to pronounce his surname.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

A City fan in the pub borrowed me his season ticket and his surname was Summerscales.Never came across that before. And a old lady I knew years ago had a great name I reckon Ruby Sparks.A name for a rock singer or author !

trevelfarandwide

Trevelyan is definitely Cornish. There are some great names in Cornwall (people names and place names) deriving from the old Cornish language.
Cornish? Since my great, great Grandad was from St Petersburg, hmmm...

Otis

A City fan in the pub borrowed me his season ticket and his surname was Summerscales.Never came across that before. And a old lady I knew years ago had a great name I reckon Ruby Sparks.A name for a rock singer or author !
My surname is Swallowcombe.

For that reason I have always wished I had been a girl.

Otis

My surname is Swallowcombe.

For that reason I have always wished I had been a girl.
My parents would have called me Irena.

I would then have become I. Swallowcombe.

Luckily I'm a boy and my real first name is Unwin. Much prefer that initial as it deflects the sensitive issue away from me.

Samo

My sir name is Jarse, but you can call me Hue.

Samo

Is it just a coincidence that the fastest man in the world is called Bolt? :shifty:

Malaka

Being of Greek-Cypriot origin I know of loads of strange names:
Periclios Periclios x 2
Constatinos Constantinou
Savvas Savva
But my all time favourite was a first name. We all have an English translation to our name, i.e. Periclios is Perry, Constantinos is Dino, Eftimios is Tim but we could not work out why Cockney Dave was Dave. He was very reluctant to tell us his name but after a bit of drinking and other stuff he finally chilled out enough to share with us the name that his father gave to him. Now Agapios may not seem funny to you guys that don't speak Greek, but after several beverages and hearing that, I literarily thought I would piss myself. The translation actually means love or love boy. Poor bastard!

Gaz71

Indian last names take some beating. I worked with a guy called Srikumar Lakschminarayanan. The names in Sri Lanka are even worse.

David Lloyd tells a funny story involving the Sri Lankan cricket teams long surnames and a bat signing session.

Users who are viewing this thread