Unusual Surname Club (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Being of Greek-Cypriot origin I know of loads of strange names:
Periclios Periclios x 2
Constatinos Constantinou
Savvas Savva
But my all time favourite was a first name. We all have an English translation to our name, i.e. Periclios is Perry, Constantinos is Dino, Eftimios is Tim but we could not work out why Cockney Dave was Dave. He was very reluctant to tell us his name but after a bit of drinking and other stuff he finally chilled out enough to share with us the name that his father gave to him. Now Agapios may not seem funny to you guys that don't speak Greek, but after several beverages and hearing that, I literarily thought I would piss myself. The translation actually means love or love boy. Poor bastard!

That's the same meaning Dave has in this Country...so an appropriate translation, isn't it chief?? ;)

eastwoodsdustman

There not unusual surnames but I generally find Africans have unusual 1st names.
3 kids at my sons school, twins and their older sister. The 1st born twin is called blessings, the 2nd born is more blessings and the older sister..... Stephanie.
Also met a Nigerian guy called (and he proved this with his passport) Grandad. Could this even begin to pronounce his surname.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

We had a customer at work whos first name was Bigboy.

bringbackrattles

An old neighbour of mine a girl from South Africa her name was: Pretty Babey. She looked bemused when I laughed when she told me. Pretty common from her homeland.

Otis

An old neighbour of mine a girl from South Africa her name was: Pretty Babey. She looked bemused when I laughed when she told me. Pretty common from her homeland.
Be worse if her real name was also Brooke Shields.

Last edited:

Gazolba

I always thought Drinkwater is a ridiculous name
There's a guy I work with whose surname is Drinkwine. Drinkwater is pretty common, but I've never come across another Drinkwine.

Gazolba

I knew somebody with the surname Christmas
I work at a job where we deal with millions of clients and I frequently have to scan through the list of names for various reasons to do with my work.
You would not believe some of the names. But anyway one day just for a laugh, I scanned for the surname Claus. There were quite a few, and one of them had the first name Santa. However, I was disappointed to find he was deceased.

Gaz71

I work at a job where we deal with millions of clients and I frequently have to scan through the list of names for various reasons to do with my work.
You would not believe some of the names. But anyway one day just for a laugh, I scanned for the surname Claus. There were quite a few, and one of them had the first name Santa. However, I was disappointed to find he was deceased.

You rotter, what am I supposed to tell the children now?

Bumberclart

I used to work with Janet Wanker (she married a German)
I also know a Kenyan family whos two kids are called 'Marvellous' and 'Godswill'

robbieray

Bet Mrs Claus wasn't too happy

Users who are viewing this thread