Up one place (1 Viewer)

Albo

Looks like Sheffield have done us a favour tonight!

higgs

Scunthorpe are struggling big time lately they are well and truly in the dog fight with us now

Otis

Sheff Utd have Crewe at home on Saturday. Good that they are still in the mix for promotion, so hoping they will do us a big favour in that game too.

Woodster

Just listening to Mark Robins' post match press conference, he's starting to sound like a broken man. Wonderful stuff.

Otis

Just listening to Mark Robins' post match press conference, he's starting to sound like a broken man. Wonderful stuff.

Mark Robins: "You've just witnessed probably the best performance from a Sheffield United team that I've seen for a long time. You're talking about a big club who actually turned up tonight and played a game that was absolutely outstanding.

"We conceded a first goal that was a poor first goal to concede. There's been two penalties and in all fairness we've come up against them on an unbelievable good night. I can't do anything about that, you've got to take your hat off to them.
"We've got nine games left in a season where we've been in and around the bottom of the division all the time, so let's put it into some perspective.

"That was a Championship performance from them. They were outstanding."

What did he say besides that then? Because that from the Beeb doesn't sound broken at all. Just giving praise where he feels praise is due.

skybluetony176

I wish he had stayed instead of us ending up with Pressley.

I think if he'd been here as long as Pressley he'd have left with the same reputation that Pressley did. Unfortunately our club has become a toxic environment that doesn't promote success long term. At Christmas last season I doubt you'd have found too many fans who would have swapped Pressley for Robbins.

Otis

I think if he'd been here as long as Pressley he'd have left with the same reputation that Pressley did. Unfortunately our club has become a toxic environment that doesn't promote success long term. At Christmas last season I doubt you'd have found too many fans who would have swapped Pressley for Robbins.

Well, I for one always rated Robins. I thought he brought stability to the club.

As we were at Sixfields last season, I cannot begin to comment on Pressley. Thinking back, I don't believe I had any opinion at the time, because I wasn't even watching my team play.

Covstu

Well, I for one always rated Robins. I thought he brought stability to the club.

As we were at Sixfields last season, I cannot begin to comment on Pressley. Thinking back, I don't believe I had any opinion at the time, because I wasn't even watching my team play.

stability? At our club? Really Otis, is there such a thing?.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mark Robins: "You've just witnessed probably the best performance from a Sheffield United team that I've seen for a long time. You're talking about a big club who actually turned up tonight and played a game that was absolutely outstanding.

"We conceded a first goal that was a poor first goal to concede. There's been two penalties and in all fairness we've come up against them on an unbelievable good night. I can't do anything about that, you've got to take your hat off to them.
"We've got nine games left in a season where we've been in and around the bottom of the division all the time, so let's put it into some perspective.

"That was a Championship performance from them. They were outstanding."

What did he say besides that then? Because that from the Beeb doesn't sound broken at all. Just giving praise where he feels praise is due.

He was fuming with the local reporter wasn't here, the reporter must have opened up with a question/statement implying Scunthorpe were awful/terrible/shambolic.

Users who are viewing this thread