Upcoming Changes At The Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Maybe the people obsessed with Northampton attendances at the time will have a look, they will probably be at the wasps game anyway to get a close look ;)

Buster

Lots of us local rugger fans are looking forward to the occasion . Once people have seen first class sport in their own city they will be hooked ! Should be a great day. Only wish we had a vision of it happening with the football.

Nick

Administrator
Lots of us local rugger fans are looking forward to the occasion . Once people have seen first class sport in their own city they will be hooked ! Should be a great day. Only wish we had a vision of it happening with the football.
Maybe they should just support the teams already here? Shall we just ship a pl footy team in and screw ccfc off? Doesn't make sense

skybluetony176

It will be a good learning experience for you to find out for yourself.That will involve you going to their
first match at the Ricoh,You will then be able to report back.

He most likely will be there. He's a top executive for the main sponsor remember, so will most likely be entertaining clients on a regular basis at Wasps games.

italiahorse

Maybe they should just support the teams already here? Shall we just ship a pl footy team in and screw ccfc off? Doesn't make sense

I do, I support Keresley Ladies RFC in which my daughter plays.
I would just like to see first class Rugby match as on the telly.

Not sure I will go regularly but since it's walking distance I will give the first match a try :). Did you see what I did there ?

letsallsingtogether

Is London Irish the first game, with them giving away thousands? I don't doubt they will. maybe we should all get up to ccfc games and get behind the team. That's players, not owners.

Surely to compare it would be gillingham?

How many are they giving away Nick?

Is it 4,000 or is it 30,000 we need to know to be able to compare?

Or are they really not giving any away like they did at sixfields.:thinking about:

Wonder if the safety team will stop them having a full house should they sell all their tickets.

People have lost faith with our owners, so now we are playing second fiddle to a Rugger team, doesn't exactly fill me with Joy.

The sooner they fuck off the better or we will become a Rugby FC City. Their are a lot of people now who just can't see past their hatred for sisu and won't go until they have gone.

lordsummerisle

Or are they really not giving any away like they did at sixfields.:thinking about:

Wonder if the safety team will stop them having a full house should they sell all their tickets.

People have lost faith with our owners, so now we are playing second fiddle to a Rugger team, doesn't exactly fill me with Joy.

The sooner they fuck off the better or we will become a Rugby FC City. Their are a lot of people now who just can't see past their hatred for sisu and won't go until they have gone.

They said thety were givinbg awaty 12,000 tickets to local schools for the first three games, plus two free with every 8 sold through Rugby clubs, probably be other freebies going around too, sponsors etc.

letsallsingtogether

He most likely will be there. He's a top executive for the main sponsor remember, so will most likely be entertaining clients on a regular basis at Wasps games.

Just ask Tim for a breakdown I've heard he will be there?

Maybe he's looking for a new employer:)

Nick

Administrator

They are giving away tickets aren't they? A few thousand?

SkyBlue_Bear83

They will get more for London Irish than City will get for Fleetwood. That is where we are. Second fiddle to a rugby club. Pathetic. Pity we can't sack our owners.

Probably but after the first few games, there attendances will probably drop below us imo

ccfcway

If I was them I would have made the 1st game completely free. Make cash off the drinks, food etc and get people into the buzz of going.

Not saying I agree with this whole mess, just what I would have done

ccfc_Tom

If I was them I would have made the 1st game completely free. Make cash off the drinks, food etc and get people into the buzz of going.

Not saying I agree with this whole mess, just what I would have done
Nicely rubbing that pie revenue in sisu's face

letsallsingtogether

Never going in the first place. It's just alot of people seem to be speculating that it will be full of people doing such activities and thats not my experiance of watching Rugby at any level.

Yet the same people drink that horrible stuff they sell at most grounds around the country.

ajsccfc

You should always go places with at least the hope of a finger up the arse. What's life without hope?

Wasps fan here, very much in peace.

Reading this thread I couldn't help being struck by the similarities between our situations.

Now I don't pretend to know every twist and turn of the business deals of our respective owners but this is my take.

Since I've been a Wasps Supporter we have won everything there is to win in Club Rugby. Good Times
At the end of the 2011-12 season, I was sat in my seat at Adams Park with the prospect of my club folding if we didn't get a win. Bad Times
We won, stayed afloat and were rescued by the current ownership. Good Times
We were still tenants of Wycombe Wanderers though and couldn't make any money. Not so good times.
The new owners said they would fix that with our own ground. Better Times
"Our" ground ends up being 100 miles away. Bad Times
It is however light years better than where we've been, and "a good bit of business". Could be Good, could be Bad, jury's out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that sport be it football or rugby isn't about you and me paying our hard earned cash and sitting in our seats week in week out any more, instead of the clubs relying on us, we rely on the businessmen behind our clubs to stay in business. 3,000 STHs at Wasps were never going to be a barrier to a multi million pound business deal. A lot of us felt completely shafted at the time and ranted at each other in very similar fashion to you until we realised we just had to get over it.

In my opinion, we won't change the seats, we've been sitting on blue ones for 12 years and we really don't have that much money.

That said though, we do own the place so a few signs and badges are going to happen.

We need a thriving CCFC and know what it's like to be a tenant that's not allowed to thrive, so I'm sure I speak for all Wasps fans when I say I genuinely hope you're treated well.

I'm looking forward the the first game on the 21st (not the journey mind), picking up on earlier posts if anyone wants to seek me out I will gladly buy you a pint and explain what the F is going on on the pitch.

Finally, I loved the spoof penalty offences, I do actually own a tweed jacket but have never worn it to a game, and I'm saying nothing on Fingers and Arses.

Users who are viewing this thread