Update on injuries please (Rotherham game) (1 Viewer)

Any news on either Wilson or Thomas following Rotherham game?

My mate was at the game. He said Wilson walked off and looks ok. May be fit for Barnsley but not certain. Thomas was a lot more serious. Looks like a very nasty neck injury. That's all I know. Sorry guys. I'll let you know if I hear anything more

shmmeee

To be honest, I'd think if anything it's be the other way around. Neck injuries often look bad because of stretchers and ambulances, but might be something minor.

If Callum's done his shoulder as was reported it could be a fair few weeks before he's back.

junglej13

To be honest, I'd think if anything it's be the other way around. Neck injuries often look bad because of stretchers and ambulances, but might be something minor.

If Callum's done his shoulder as was reported it could be a fair few weeks before he's back.

Agree. Hopefully just a precaution with Thomas. A dislocated shoulder could rule Wilson out for 3 months.

Tonylinc

If anyone is on Twitter it might be worth giving Kieran Crowley a shout. He just might have an update.

ohitsaidwalker king power

We watched Connor being loaded into the Ambulance after- looked a horrible sight... hopefully precautionary.. had the full neck brace on with head stablised? They were being very very careful with him.
Please gods he's OK.

If medics have ANY suspicion of an injury to the neck or back, however small, they will apply the neck brace so it may be precautionary, may be something more serious, but from what I hear it looked VERY nasty, wouldn't surprise me if he's out for a long time. Hopefully Wilson isn't as serious but I wasn't at the game so I couldn't comment on that, but we need him for Saturday. Dagnall is gone now, Manset is exhiled, Wilson looks like he's out, so we have Leon Clarke, Ben Maund and Courtney Baker Richardson as striking options. Not great really

SkyBlue_Bear83

My mate was at the game. He said Wilson walked off and looks ok. May be fit for Barnsley but not certain. Thomas was a lot more serious. Looks like a very nasty neck injury. That's all I know. Sorry guys. I'll let you know if I hear anything more

Wilson was a shoulder injury, so even though he managed to walk off okay he could still be out for some time

sw88

Chief Commentator!
was our penalty in the box? and was theirs harsh or a fair decision?

At the time I called that ours was outside. Ref gave free kick and he had the better view, but for some reason his Lino saw it as a pen, and the ref went with it; not complaining though :) Pressley said after the game that the Rotherham manager (I think it was) shown him the video replay immediately after the game and confirmed it was outside, but momentum took Wilson inside the box (knew I was right ;) ).

Theirs was the other end of the pitch so difficult to say for certain. Turning point of the game though so not too fussed whether it was or wasn't :) Webster didn't appear to argue, unlike Murphy (who I think just takes any reason to rant at someone when he can even if it's not warranted. Even had a go at Baker for Rotherham's goal and Daniels over something else; think the Daniels one was after he was forced into one his many wonder saves)

Users who are viewing this thread