USA vs Jamaica Watchalong (2 Viewers)

Hiraeth

Watching him and Simms at the moment, it makes me sick that Robins persisted with Godden time and time again.
Great to see Wright's brace last night. It's taken both Wright and Simms some time to both bed in with the team and find form.

Nearly half the Championship clubs (11) don't have a player who has scored more goals than the nine Golden has scored so far for us this season.

We could potentially have up to 14 games to play in a congested fixture list to the end of the season and Godden and Tavares could still have an important part to play for us.

long way home

The valuation of the squad has been steadily rising all season. But last few weeks Simms and Wright have almost doubled there value. If they carry on with this form we will be fighting clubs off come summer. The minimum value already in my opinion is Hamer type money which is unreal when we look at how both started

We need to keep them and the majority of this group together. If we do and add more quality we will be a scary proposition and an exciting one to watch. Recruiting deserves plaudits and the coaching staff who have got these players to another level of performance deserve so much credit. Interesting times a head by the look of it.

Otis

The valuation of the squad has been steadily rising all season. But last few weeks Simms and Wright have almost doubled there value. If they carry on with this form we will be fighting clubs off come summer. The minimum value already in my opinion is Hamer type money which is unreal when we look at how both started

We need to keep them and the majority of this group together. If we do and add more quality we will be a scary proposition and an exciting one to watch. Recruiting deserves plaudits and the coaching staff who have got these players to another level of performance deserve so much credit. Interesting times a head by the look of it.
I think we have a great nucleus to go with now for next season.

Wright, Simms, Eccles, Sheaf (hopefully), Torp, Sakamoto, Kitching, Thomas, Bidwell (hopefully) and Lati.

That's a good solid start to build from.

That's 10 players if we can keep them all and we already have Mason-Clark to boot, making a possible 11.

Looking good.

Collins is okay, but I would like to see us nab someone a little better.

Gynnsthetonic

If we keep them and add sensibly in the summer we can give it a real go next season if we don't go up this time

AFCCOVENTRY

Clever Doug has them on 4 year contracts so would be extortionate numbers to take them away from us in the summer.

Vik money has been spent wisely and we could have £40m worth of strikers between Wright and Simms

ptr

I think we have a great nucleus to go with now for next season.

Wright, Simms, Eccles, Sheaf (hopefully), Torp, Sakamoto, Kitching, Thomas, Bidwell (hopefully) and Lati.

That's a good solid start to build from.

That's 10 players if we can keep them all and we already have Mason-Clark to boot, making a possible 11.

Looking good.

Collins is okay, but I would like to see us nab someone a little better.
Add Milan to that.

And even Burroughs. Ready to be understudy next year.

Otis

Add Milan to that.

And even Burroughs. Ready to be understudy next year.
Oh yeah. Knew I missed someone and couldn't remember who it was! MVE!

And agree of Burroughs. I think he could be a key squad player next season

Hertsccfc

Well, for God's sake I hope posters learn from this the next time we sign someone who starts off poorly.

Embarrassing that we got all that Wright is shit and Simms is shit and send Wright back to Turkey stuff.

We really need to give all players time and patience. Some hit the ground running, others struggle at first and take quite a while to settle in and bed-in.

Both Wright and Simms look like proper players now and real goalscorers. 😍

Not holding my breath, but I hope we don't jump to such conclusions next time out.
He didn't even start poorly. For some reason to do with the fee some people took against him from the start. Really divided opinion but his ability was never in question for me.

Otis

He didn't even start poorly. For some reason to do with the fee some people took against him from the start. Really divided opinion but his ability was never in question for me.
Yeah, that first game he was fabulous when he nearly scored a cracking goal against Leicester.

Then his confidence dipped a little and posters were on his back.

Best stance I always find, is trust the manager. He's been fabulous for us.

AJB1983

Must be just me but I really like US ‘soccer’ commentators.
just seem so enthusiastic about it all. I don’t know if it’s on that compilation but I’d love to hear the US version of the winner against wolves.
good hustle guys….

ProfessorbyGrace

Sem eye final.
Always gets me how the Yanks pronounce Coventry as well. Makes me cringe and I don’t know why!

Cuh-vun-tree…like ‘coven’ as in ‘coven of witches’, then ‘tree’ as in…well, tree.

Hertsccfc

Yeah I noticed that, he appears a lot more confident but perhaps he's just adapting to societal norms in each audience, British people are more reserved in general.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I think in that initial interview he didn't know what to say once he had been asked essentially the same question four times. Those 'welcome to Coventry, are you glad to have finally got it done' interviews are always a bit awkward.

blunted

The biggie for me was when he was struggling a bit to adapt to our style of play, a new country and missing the target was the Sky Blue Army singing his name. Did wonders. Sometimes it's the people at the game who make the difference, not those on social media.

pusbccfc

Henry-like finishing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The players seem to be giving him that name too. O'Hare posting it as a comment on insta

pusbccfc

Two great finishes by Wright, loved the second one with the spin

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

First one to me sums up his biggest strength. He's so strong on both sides. Defenders are struggling to deal with that. Lati didn't have a clue which side to go on.

Same with his cross on Saturday, it's a proper strength to be able to dink in a ball like that with your weak foot.

CoventryUSA

Just some thoughts

US Media were expecting a comfortable win, CBS said 4-0.
My first thought was where was the crowd, did not seem many there.
Certainly the first half and a chunk of the second it did not seem that the US knew how to get a goal. Goalie did not have much to do.
Jamaica deserved to win
US subs made a difference

Stepping in to provide some context for the forum.

There were hardly any fans for the US game because it was scheduled back-to-back with the other semifinal Mexico v. Panama. They played in the same stadium immediately after. A vast majority of tickets were held by Mexican fans who didn't start showing up to the stadium until around the end of the US game. For those unaware, Mexico fans in the US are a million times more passionate about their national team. It is ingrained in the culture for them.

Any media member who thought we were going to win 4-0 is an idiot. Jamaica is much better than that, has beat us recently, and Gregg Berhalter's system has never really produced those kind of blowouts other than against true minnow nations. USMNT is still an extremely young team. 9 of the players who appeared last night are 23 or younger.

SkyblueTexan

Fairly rubbish game so far but great goal from Jamaica to go 1-0 up.

Palmer got booked for a late tackle and has been fairly quiet playing as one of two CMs . Lati has played quite well on the left of a back three.
Palmer is a yellow card magnet

baldy

Stepping in to provide some context for the forum.

There were hardly any fans for the US game because it was scheduled back-to-back with the other semifinal Mexico v. Panama. They played in the same stadium immediately after. A vast majority of tickets were held by Mexican fans who didn't start showing up to the stadium until around the end of the US game. For those unaware, Mexico fans in the US are a million times more passionate about their national team. It is ingrained in the culture for them.

Any media member who thought we were going to win 4-0 is an idiot. Jamaica is much better than that, has beat us recently, and Gregg Berhalter's system has never really produced those kind of blowouts other than against true minnow nations. USMNT is still an extremely young team. 9 of the players who appeared last night are 23 or younger.

I watched a YouTuber who streams FM matches,Zoolander,wax lyrical the other day about the U.S team & how there's a new generation of players coming up that are going to almost take the world by storm - is that true?

JulianDarbyFTW

One of the weirdest things to me was when the US commentors passed over to their 'rules analyst' to dissect the 5 minutes added on time. I appreciate US audiences are probably less clued up on association football, but still found it rather odd.

SkyblueTexan

This Jamaica vs Panama match is so pedestrian, I feel I could put a shirt on and make a meaningful contribution if I wanted to and I haven’t played in ages due to age/injuries. Think/hope the Mexico vs US game is more competitive and Wright starts/scores for the US.

Users who are viewing this thread