Vic minnett returns to highfield road (1 Viewer)

RFC

Maybe so but she obviously doesn't know the whole background and those responsible.

Minefield!

shy_tall_knight

10 seasons at the Ricoh, rephrase 10 seasons since we left Highfield Road (9 at the Ricoh) doubt I will ever see as good a time at the Ricoh its been awful, regardless of the blame, I agree we should never have left.

Grendel

Who cares what she thinks? She even makes Bob Brolly look capable as a radio presenter

CJ_covblaze

If we had left when we were meant to things would've been so different. The original name was Arena 2000 and I believe that was the target. If we had moved in that year we would've been in the PL with probably 40,000 attendances every week. Keane, Macca, Boateng, Hadji, maybe even Dion may never have left.

shy_tall_knight

The SISU lovers are out in force tonight, adopting Fisher's heartless approach to quite an emotional topic, I care what she thinks, I found it quite moving but obviously RFC & Grendel are glad we moved as that gives them the chance to debate CCC & SISU

CJ_covblaze

Forgot to say too that by the time we had been relegated it was probably too late to not press ahead. Some contracts had already been signed. Even if it was possible and it had been blaringly obvious things would end up like they have, certain individuals would've continued on with the plan anyway.

Nick

Administrator
The SISU lovers are out in force tonight, adopting Fisher's heartless approach to quite an emotional topic, I care what she thinks, I found it quite moving but obviously RFC & Grendel are glad we moved as that gives them the chance to debate CCC & SISU
No mention of sisu until you brought them into it? They weren't even here then.

Gynnsthetonic

Trouble is, if we had of stayed we would probably be still where we are now at the bottom of league 1 but looking at clubs like Southampton, Hull, Leicester, Stoke, Swansea, Middlesboro and Derby all with there new modern stadia in the premiere league or on the brink off and saying that would of been us if we had made the move and not stayed at the outdated Highfield Rd.
Wish we had of stayed though cant stand new modern grounds

CJ_covblaze

if you get the chance go and stand where the plaque is and look around. It is heart breaking

Was there earlier. At least it's a plaque now and not the monstrosity that was there before!

Tonylinc

Trouble is, if we had of stayed we would probably be still where we are now at the bottom of league 1 but looking at clubs like Southampton, Hull, Leicester, Stoke, Swansea, Middlesboro and Derby all with there new modern stadia in the premiere league or on the brink off and saying that would of been us if we had made the move and not stayed at the outdated Highfield Rd.
That says to me that they did something other than just move.....oh yes.....invested.

CJ_covblaze

I'm not so sure. We may have kept some players that departed and with the 40k per week crowd more money should've (should and not will being the word due to our owners) been available to improve the squad further. We may of still been in the top flight now. Also if we had moved at that point the ground would've still belonged to the club.

shy_tall_knight

Thanks Nick for pointing out that SISU weren't here in 2005 we are all the wiser, my comment doesn't suggest that they were here but your rush to defend Grendel you didn't read my comment properly.

Nick

Administrator
Thanks Nick for pointing out that SISU weren't here in 2005 we are all the wiser, my comment doesn't suggest that they were here but your rush to defend Grendel you didn't read my comment properly.

No, your eagerness to bring SISU into it somehow means I did read it properly.

Where did I defend anybody?

No need to even bring them into it, totally irrelevant surely?

shy_tall_knight

No, your eagerness to bring SISU into it somehow means I did read it properly.

Where did I defend anybody?

No need to even bring them into it, totally irrelevant surely?

RFC's response was an implied dig at CCC - irrelevant but missed by the Big Brother
Grendel is the biggest anti CCC pro SISU poster on here, and decided to be as rude as normal over a quite sentimental piece and hence a dig at him but thanks again for your valued contribution regarding the timings of SISU totally irrelevant

chinamans view

At the time it was right to build a new stadium, Highfield rd was outdated, very forward thinking. but bad directorship since 2000 has resulted in it looking a bad move.It should and could have been so different.

Gynnsthetonic

We moved 10 years to late, if we moved in 1995 when we were investing in players and not 2005 when we were already an average championship club we could still be there.

phildownunder

We moved 10 years to late, if we moved in 1995 when we were investing in players and not 2005 when we were already an average championship club we could still be there.

No idea whether the club could have done both at the same time but really posted to say I love that user name! :claping hands:

Astute

if you get the chance go and stand where the plaque is and look around. It is heart breaking

Have not been back and never will. I want to keep my memories as they are. The last time I went back was after someone had lit a fire above where the social club was. That was enough for me :(

Sky Blue Kid

It was coming Nick. It's like "Marsh Gas" You know it's coming but there's f**k all you can do about it. For what it's worth, I care what she had to say. Pure emotion on a subject close to her heart.

Grendel

RFC's response was an implied dig at CCC - irrelevant but missed by the Big Brother
Grendel is the biggest anti CCC pro SISU poster on here, and decided to be as rude as normal over a quite sentimental piece and hence a dig at him but thanks again for your valued contribution regarding the timings of SISU totally irrelevant

Lies. Never made one pro sisu post.

letsallsingtogether

Whenever anyone has made a anti-SISU post in the past, you and a few others on here have attacked those posts with pro-SISU comments, where you prefer to divert blame to CCC.

Yes but they will claim when have we ever said "we like Sisu" funny how they restrain from blaming them for any of the issues we have without bringing in other parties to take some of the blame???
they are also always very quick to attack posters, journalists and organisations who do have a hatred for our owners

So we have shit players because the council and higgs sold our ground.
Funny but Sisu claim they have spent 10's of Millions on this club yet we own nothing bar a hand full of shit players no one else wanted and a training ground.

Oh and a golden share somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread