Victor Torp (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Has Robins ever put a mid season signing straight in?
Jordan Maguire Drew made his debut against Stoke in that cup tie. Of course we only have one Twitter source for this Danish chap and slowpoke is asking not only whether we’re actually signing this guy, but whether he’ll start against the league leaders in under 48 hours.

BlueSkiesForever

Currently playing at a level similar to Sunday league. 4 clubs in 2 seasons. We got 15 million for Hamer, where is the other 14 million? Not sure why people are so buzzing by this.

I sorta said a similar thing earlier and got properly slammed for it, whilst he’s clearly got talent and a decent finish on him, I’m not sure we should be creaming ourselves over him just yet. Potential is there of course but he still needs to prove that potential. I think he’ll be a good option for us, just not 100% sold on the fact that he’ll be better than Sheaf, Palmer, O’Hare etc.

It’ll be easier to judge this transfer after the window has closed, maybe if O’Hare doesn’t sign and ends up leaving then this geezer could be a vital signing for us going forward.

mmttww

I hope this is done before MR's Leicester pre-match interview. Otherwise I'll be dreading the reporter asking him how close the deal is to being done and MR replying " I have know idea what you are on about, me and the team have seen the rumours and are baffled to where they have come from. Currently we have no news on the signing front". SBT meltdown.

Nah, sounds like fun. 'Media duties' all over again.

capel & collindridge

Not sure that the League you come from is as important as your international appearances, particularly from U21 on. Torp has 27 international caps from U17 to U20, scoring 3 goals. He was called up once to U21 squad in 2021 but did not play. Thanks Wikipedia! The quoted fee suggests he is a bit below the radar, which is an excellent place for CCFC and a for torpedo to be.

mmttww

I sorta said a similar thing earlier and got properly slammed for it, whilst he’s clearly got talent and a decent finish on him, I’m not sure we should be creaming ourselves over him just yet.

Come on, don't look for a Pity Party. I don't remember you getting hammered, and don't think anyone's getting carried away. A few people reckon it looks like a smart signing that might address a gap in the skillset of our midfielders. That's about it.

fernandopartridge

I sorta said a similar thing earlier and got properly slammed for it, whilst he’s clearly got talent and a decent finish on him, I’m not sure we should be creaming ourselves over him just yet. Potential is there of course but he still needs to prove that potential. I think he’ll be a good option for us, just not 100% sold on the fact that he’ll be better than Sheaf, Palmer, O’Hare etc.

It’ll be easier to judge this transfer after the window has closed, maybe if O’Hare doesn’t sign and ends up leaving then this geezer could be a vital signing for us going forward.
One poster is taking the piss though

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

Come on, don't look for a Pity Party. I don't remember you getting hammered, and don't think anyone's getting carried away. A few people reckon it looks like a smart signing that might address a gap in the skillset of our midfielders. That's about it.

I think it’s a really good bit of recruitment but as I was saying earlier I would have loved a more proven player from a better quality league. Obviously what you want and what you get are two completely different things but I still think he looks like a good overall midfielder. Not knocking him per se, just would love us to get in a little more proven quality.

As for the pity party, I did get about 10-12 quotes and a few poo emojis for my earlier pessimistic comments 😂
I don’t feel like I’m being awkward or negative, just have no idea if this guy’s going to be as good as we’re all making him out to be. I’m not saying he will be awful, just saying I genuinely don’t know what he’ll be like, however, in Robins I trust. I feel like that’s fair, maybe? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Alkhen

High Five GIF by Film Riot

capel & collindridge

Farzam Abolhosseini is the football correspondent of B.T. the Danish tabloid which offers general news about various subjects such as sports, politics and current affairs. B.T. is 100% digital since 2023, after more than a hundred years in the printing press. Thanks Wikipedia. Seems to know about Danish footballers...

slowpoke

Transfers take yonks now, I remember back in the 60s Jimmy Hill signed Bill Glazier for a record £35000 fee on Saturday morning which you could do then and he played that afternoon at Portsmouth & we won 2-0 with good old Bill star man.

Users who are viewing this thread