Views from Preston (1 Viewer)

Here are just 2 postings on the PNE forum.

This one

CCFC cheats have had it coming for many years. The floodlight cheats, who failed the floodlights every year so as to play games against weakened sides after the season had ended so they could stay up, are now getting their comeupance. May CCFC rot way down in the far distant lower reaches of the Football League pyramid. Hopefully never to return again! Where were CCFC in our hour of need? In the days of 91st in the Football League and the plastic pitch? Not a peep out of them then! How dare they tell us we should not turn up to support our team. Who the hell do they think they are!? I'm a PNE supporter. I'm going to watch the game at Northampton. I urge every other true PNE supporter, who can go, to do likewise.

And this

Whilst I back Cov fans who are staying away from Northampton, I'm a bit surprised by their lack of action. AFC Wimbledon were formed in 2002, before the original Wimbledon had even moved the Milton Keynes. And FC United were formed in 2005 (I think) when the Glaziers took over. But Cov fans have done nothing except to tell people not to put money into the pockets of SISU without giving them an alternative.

I've been to see both AFC Wimbledon & FC United and their fans are first class. So much passion which is sadly missing from most clubs these days. And true football fans would go and watch their team regardless of what league they were playing in.

Cov fans on here say that we should boycott the game this season because the same could happen to us. Yes, in theory it could happen to us. But Preston North End are more important to the English game than Coventry City. And we'd gain more sympathy from the wider football world. The history of the two clubs don't compare one bit. Okay, Cov played in the top flight for about 30 years but they didn't exactly challenge at the top end.

I wasn't going to go to the game this season but £16 a ticket and £10 coach travel is a tempting proposition. After all, our players are already having the disadvantage of longer travelling distance, a lesser ground and on a different day. Why should they also play a professional game virtually behind closed doors?

Very few showing any sympathy, some even arrogant, and some even blaming Jimmy Hill for the start of the demise, presumably alluding to the ending of the maximum wage. So depressing that the football family is as divided as we seem to be, judging by some posts on here. :(

With views like this, and the polarisation that is occurring amongst ourselves, my 50+ years love affair with the beautiful game is taking a severe knocking.

Grendel

You sound surprised. Most fans of other clubs will not care and most of the minority will laugh at us.

Review our infamous Portsmouth thread. We are no better.

You sound surprised. Most fans of other clubs will not care and most of the minority will laugh at us.

Review our infamous Portsmouth thread. We are no better.

I suppose it was something along the lines of hope springs eternal. Ah well, c'est la vie!

The Penguin

Frankly I'd prefer it if the infighting between City fans was ended before I worried about what other clubs' supporters thought of us.

And anyway, it's Preston. They're living off the glory years of the late 19th century. At least most of our fans were alive the last time our club was remotely successful in English football.

bigfatronssba

Love how they think they are a big club because of something they won 120 years ago! When did they last do something?

Typical small club mentality. Oh, and pne fans, if it does happen to you then no one will have any sympathy for you either. You are no more important to the game than ccfc, in fact most premier league supporters haven't heard of you for 50 years.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
leave them off only thing im worried about now is the club surviving and pushing towards stability with a promotion push, i know i cant do much living in australia but i did just buy the away jersey last week lol.

Diehard Si

2 fans views out of thousands and both idiots.

It hardly gives anyone the full picture, just 2 random negative views from fans who obviously didn't like us beating them last season.

This is football, all clubs have their complete idiots. We've got more than our fair share.

RoboCCFC90

Bahahahahahaha!!

"We'd be missed more" Really?

Who the hell are Preston? A team in League 1, with a shoddy 100 year old ground, with no atmosphere and a club that haven't won or been representatives in the Top Leagues since 1885, while hanging on to their glory years of winning a trophy in 500BC.

Well if I don't laugh for any other reasons today I can at least come back to this thread.

RegTheDonk

Agree that, to be totally honest, would we have much sympathy if it was another club. I'd like to think we would, but I didn't give much consideration to Pompy, Luton, Wimbledon etc.

I'd go as far to say that if it was a big spending club like Man U, or Chelsea, a lot of us would be laughing our heads off.

Perhaps thats why the PNE lads are a bit venemous - hating the bigger club mentality?

Sky Blues

Bahahahahahaha!!

Who the hell are Preston? A team in League 1, with a shoddy 100 year old ground, with no atmosphere and a club that haven't won or been representatives in the Top Leagues since 1885, while hanging on to their glory years of winning a trophy in 500BC.

Well if I don't laugh for any other reasons today I can at least come back to this thread.

At least they have a ground...

RoboCCFC90

Last edited:

stupot07

Interesting point about afc Wimbledon, yes they were set up before they moved to Milton Keynes, but they fail to acknowledge they were set up after the fa and fl confirmed they would be moving to Milton Keynes permanently and it was stadium delays that delayed that move.

Very different scenario to us.

Manchester_sky_blue

Interesting point about afc Wimbledon, yes they were set up before they moved to Milton Keynes, but they fail to acknowledge they were set up after the fa and fl confirmed they would be moving to Milton Keynes permanently and it was stadium delays that delayed that move.

Very different scenario to us.

Precisely and thanks for pointing that out. They knew at that time that their club was going and wouldn't be coming back, we however can still cling a to a small hope that City may return to Cov in the not too distant future.

Hobo

It's our own battle folks. But he can now go to a Coventry United game.

theferret

To be honest, if people are going to keep going on the the forums of other clubs asking that they boycott Sixfields then this is the response they are going to get.

I couldn't give a toss how many away fans attend Sixfields, but I know that come the end of the season it won't average much more than 500-600 anyway. That figure will not change no matter how many times we annoy fans of other clubs with our pleas.

Thanks guys - some of these posts have cheered me up no end. I'll take the advice and keep off other clubs forums. 50 years a supporter and still a bit naïve thinking that others may care about the bigger picture.

Oh, and there were more than the 2 posts I copied, but as has been said, small club mentality :D

Covstu

The first guy clearly a bit sore from whatever reason, the second guy spoke some sense however our situation is very different to Wimbledon in that we are still in limbo on whether our club will return to the city. Personally i would prefer them to put us all out of our misery and either state that they are not coming back or they are btu i have a feelign that this wont happen anytime soon.

If i was told by another club not to attend a game, sorry i wouldnt listen either!

Darth Robins

Yes, in theory it could happen to us. But Preston North End are more important to the English game than Coventry City. And we'd gain more sympathy from the wider football world. The history of the two clubs don't compare one bit. Okay, Cov played in the top flight for about 30 years but they didn't exactly challenge at the top end.

ahahahahahah holy shit, thanks random preston fan, I really needed that laugh.

lordsummerisle

If this is representative of how he thinks about the club, then Haskell can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Bahahahahahaha!!

Well at least they have a ground all be it 100 years old, dont blame the rhetoric from opposing fans really cos we were never charitable towards others in ther time of need. What is required here is for CCFC to give PNE a damn good stuffing to shut every fucker up

RoboCCFC90

Well at least they have a ground all be it 100 years old, dont blame the rhetoric from opposing fans really cos we were never charitable towards others in ther time of need. What is required here is for CCFC to give PNE a damn good stuffing to shut every fucker up

Sorry Warwick just every PNE fan I have ever met has been up their own arse with respect to their past history, thinking there club is one of the biggest in the land, I like the sound of us stuffing them.

Tommystours

To be fair,most of their fans are sympathetic of our cause.it could happen to them,they have been in admin not so many years ago.Their ground is pretty good ,went in the corporate last year, courtesy of a good mate Preston fan. They recognise we have a better history over the last 50years but then most fans live on their teams past history . Wolves !!! .??
If we do not understand what has gone on with SISU , ACL. CCC .FL, how the hell can others.Ignorance is bliss , that's why they make stupid comments.ignore them we should concentrate on getting City back in Cov

sky blue john

2 fans views out of thousands and both idiots.

It hardly gives anyone the full picture, just 2 random negative views from fans who obviously didn't like us beating them last season.

This is football, all clubs have their complete idiots. We've got more than our fair share.

They are just their versions of Grendel and rfc !!!!

Grendel

They are just their versions of Grendel and rfc !!!!

Why because they are purely interested in watching their football team and don't ejaculate when someone mentions Preston County Council?

Users who are viewing this thread