Views on new Loanies: Hussey & Madine (1 Viewer)

flammablepiss

Facebook User
What do you guys know about them, Hussey aparantly from AFC Wimbledon looks interesting ! I'm sure a player like him would be very grateful for playing at championship standard and perhaps he will play well just out of shear determination.

Madine I know little about but to me it just looks like another youth player who won't cut it as a first team player, On the other hand I have some faith in the scouting that goes on behind the scene.

Lets hope these additions will give us a little edge :)

simmouk

Administrator
From what little we saw of Madine on Saturday I'd say he was...ok! I guess coming on for only a few minutes limits your ability to make a massive impact (although he could have scored a 40 yard screamer with his first few touches!) but I guess we'll have to see, the more he gets involved.

Nick

Administrator
I havent really seen much of either of them. Hussey seemed to get thrown into the deep end against Derby and got himself booked with the lightest of touches ever to give away the penalty which I felt for him a bit as Ward took their player out in the first half and got away with it.

The problem is with Hussey is that he's been brought on as a sub when it's obvious that we're not going to get back back into the game (against Cardiff, against Reading, and I guess against Derby). He doesn't look too bad, he just needs more experience in the first team, in my opinion- certainly a lot more than 20 mins per game.

As for Madine, in the five minutes against West Brom, he looked a lot better than Freddy had done all game! Again, he needs more game time for us to form a true opinion of his abilities.

I hope both players do stick around if they turn out to be good.

Users who are viewing this thread