Villa Fans on the train - should be running our Trust (1 Viewer)

PurpleBin

Block the road leading up from the island on the A444. Early enough, before the team coaches arrive. Be even better if it was a televised game. Don't need cars really. Couple of hundred people accross the road for 2 hours would cause a fair old fuss.

Adge

Block the road leading up from the island on the A444. Early enough, before the team coaches arrive. Be even better if it was a televised game. Don't need cars really. Couple of hundred people accross the road for 2 hours would cause a fair old fuss.
Yeah but might put the rugby players off!:emoji_rolling_eyes:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The trust should be behind any anti wasp movement. No violence - it should just feel hostile for wasps fans to come. Like they’re not wanted. The city itself is famous for it.

they’re almost welcoming to Wasps - all about the wasps fans not being inconvenienced.

The trust have the ability to arrange something strong but they won’t because they’ve been paid off by wasps

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's simple: stop them from street parking. A lot of wasps fans aren't even from Coventry. They're not that familiar with the area. Cut the Ricoh off. Make it so difficult to park they just piss off. It's not rocket science and there's absolutely nothing they or the authorities can do.
They take our stadium. We take the streets.

Irish Sky Blue

One of the suggestions from a Trust open meeting was to have a few cars constantly circling the island into the Tesco car park. That would very quickly affect traffic on JH way.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's simple: stop them from street parking. A lot of wasps fans aren't even from Coventry. They're not that familiar with the area. Cut the Ricoh off. Make it so difficult to park they just piss off. It's not rocket science and there's absolutely nothing they or the authorities can do.
They take our stadium. We take the streets.

Don’t they mostly get the train anyway?

clint van damme

It's difficult because no one wants violence or to be arrested but surely it'll piss wasps off if we motivated thousands to do it. They would perhaps retaliate by saying that by doing so we jeopardise talks to return the sky blues to the Ricoh. For me that would indicate they would be worried . They can't hold supporters to ransom .
So to whom do we put such radical suggestions to ? I've no idea.

I've long else the opinion that a big anti wasps demo would be a game changer but without the trust behind it it will never get the numbers and they'll never get behind it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The council should be stopping them from Street parking anyway
emoji12.png
Mass demonstrations at the Ricoh won't work. Why would wasps fans give a toss about the opinions of city supporters ? How many Coventry fans would actually want confrontation ? . Any attempt to stop them entering the Ricoh would be breaking the law. Not enough would be willing to take the risk.
We need to flood those streets near the Ricoh which allow match day parking with cars to create absolutely no on street parking for wasps supporters. Force them into paying extra by going into those £5 parking areas or to the Ricoh car park itself. A lot of them won't be familiar with Coventry and they'll be absolutely clueless.
We need everyone who used to go to the Ricoh and park on the streets to commit to doing it at a high profile wasps game - ie Leicester . It would be very effective and very easy for any supporter to do . Park, clear off for a while, go home by 3pm.
Would enough people be willing to do it ? That depends on how it's organised.
As for driving round and round roundabouts to create tailbacks that won't work.
My suggestion is totally safe, legal and needs minimal effort except just to park a car.
I'll do it if others will.

NorthernWisdom

I've long else the opinion that a big anti wasps demo would be a game changer but without the trust behind it it will never get the numbers and they'll never get behind it.
Meh we got numbers without support... just a shame it wasn't a very big number!

tbh we waste so much time trying to decide who a protest should be against anyway, and ultimately that's completely pointless. There's space for a protest at the Ricoh against Wasps, there's space for a protest at St Andrews against SISU, and there's space to turn up in numbers outside the Council House to show it's worth their while taking notice of us. It needs people to stop being so precious abou8t being right, and look more towards what's important to them / us all, which is our sodding football team developing and thriving in the right place.

The frustrating thing is there are open goals being missed. With Bury not existing, there's a game slot that will have loads of fans with nothing to do, where they should be going to a football match. There's an obvious date to turn up en masse to the Ricoh, Council House, Brandon (or wherever else we may think a stadium might / should be built) and play a massive fuck off game of football for people to watch instead. Could even have involved Bury fans, given they have nothing to do all season(!) and highlighted our loss to the city. Could have gone and supported a local club for that day and put money into their coffers, it'd only need about a hundred in sky blue to create a news story, and emphasise that money isn't going into the city, or into the City.

Plenty of opportunity.

But... nothing.

Liquid Gold

Is it possible to set up a seperate trust organisation?
I emailed supporters direct and asked them if there is a mechanism for a trust to become ‘unrecognised’ due to them being unrepresentative of the fan base.

They responded saying the Sky Blue Trust board are elected by the fans.

I didn’t even mention I was a Cov fan.

PurpleBin

I emailed supporters direct and asked them if there is a mechanism for a trust to become ‘unrecognised’ due to them being unrepresentative of the fan base.

They responded saying the Sky Blue Trust board are elected by the fans.

I didn’t even mention I was a Cov fan.

Jesus.

They don't seem to do much at all.

Irish Sky Blue

I’d give it another go but I am not sure the outcome would be too different. Too many people willing to kick up a fuss on here but not will ing to actually do anything.

NorthernWisdom

If something is organised then I would join in.
Yup.

It's worth noting that the protest we did was counterproductive really. The message it sent out was that CCFC fans couldn't give a shit, so do what you feel like with the club. Mind you, doing nothing sent out exactly the same message, so I guess we didn't lose anything!

Personally I would suggest as a first step, as many as possible go to the trust open meeting that CJ said was set for January, and make it clear that the fans want a protest. The more that turn up with that message, the more influence it brings.

What absolutely is clear is that any protest shouldn't be influenced by any interested parties... from whichever side of the fence, too.If Wasps want us back there, as they claim, and CCFC want to be back there, as they claim, then they should all welcome a sizeable body campaigning for just that...

Grendel

I always think protests are pointless really

What is the status on the hotel they are supposed to be building. If that’s still going on it’s vital enough objections are raised to refer back to the planning committee - if there are a certain number of objections there is a process.

Grendel

Yup.

It's worth noting that the protest we did was counterproductive really. The message it sent out was that CCFC fans couldn't give a shit, so do what you feel like with the club. Mind you, doing nothing sent out exactly the same message, so I guess we didn't lose anything!

Personally I would suggest as a first step, as many as possible go to the trust open meeting that CJ said was set for January, and make it clear that the fans want a protest. The more that turn up with that message, the more influence it brings.

What absolutely is clear is that any protest shouldn't be influenced by any interested parties... from whichever side of the fence, too.If Wasps want us back there, as they claim, and CCFC want to be back there, as they claim, then they should all welcome a sizeable body campaigning for just that...

The trust will not sanction any protest against wasps

Adge

I always think protests are pointless really

What is the status on the hotel they are supposed to be building. If that’s still going on it’s vital enough objections are raised to refer back to the planning committee - if there are a certain number of objections there is a process.
And there we have it. Happy to just carry on and maintain the status quo . Roll over and I’ll tickle your belly for you.

pusbccfc

Can't agree with this. Blackpool, Charlton etc were all united behind a common enemy. The problem we've had for years is that we can't even agree about who we should be protesting about and to. The whole thing is a convuluted mess.

There have been a lot of protests, in our relegation season, we disrupted 4 games where players had to be taken off the pitch. It went well beyond placard waving on a number of occasions. What good did it do? None, because those protests were aimed at one party who were so detached from them it made no difference. We were widely condemned by Sheff Utd and Northampton fans who suggested the protests were disgraceful. They weren't, but they were pointless ultimately.

If there was one big mistake we made it was not creating a bigger fuss when Wasps arrived, but everyone was so blinded by their hatred for SISU they couldn't see the bigger picture at that point.

We are playing in another city with no clear future beyond this season.

There has barely been a single chant against any side.

Totally agree with your points, but I still don't think other clubs would have sat back like we have.

pusbccfc

Everyone harking with their ideas, there was not even 20 of us at that Wasps protest in May.

Point proven.

Only two protests were ever successful, and those were the marches through town.

Peaceful, clear but with significant numbers.

There should have been another this season, against all sides.

Nick

Administrator
And there we have it. Happy to just carry on and maintain the status quo . Roll over and I’ll tickle your belly for you.
Didn't you roll over after you said you wouldn't go? Funny really when you pipe up about morals.

Grendel

Point proven.

Only two protests were ever successful, and those were the marches through town.

Peaceful, clear but with significant numbers.

There should have been another this season, against all sides.

All sides won’t work - the protest has to be purely aimed at Wasps who are now vulnerable

eastwoodsdustman

We are playing in another city with no clear future beyond this season.

There has barely been a single chant against any side.

Totally agree with your points, but I still don't think other clubs would have sat back like we have.
We’re supposed to be at home Is sung at every game, as is fuck the wasps, fuck sisu.......
Not that the people that matter will hear it.
The trust clearly aren’t fit for purpose.
Maybe we should set up the ‘real sky blues trust’ and get any tv interviews dubbed over in silly voices like the ira did.

Adge

Didn't you roll over after you said you wouldn't go? Funny really when you pipe up about morals.
Ah here we go. Surprised it took you so long to revert to type.
Just for the record don’t worry about a protest or being involved as your presence “might put the players off”

Grendel

Unless it’s an organised protest by the trust it’s pointless - they’d have a good old day out in London at Sisu HQ I’m sure - anti wasps march - not a chance

They have to stop this all sides nonsense as they do not believe it. They want a new Phoenix club with the Hoff and Mr Coventry so just be honest and make the case.

Grendel

Ah here we go. Surprised it took you so long to revert to type.
Just for the record don’t worry about a protest or being involved as your presence “might put the players off”

They were protests against the clubs owners not Wasps

Users who are viewing this thread