Their remaining fixtures do not look at all pretty:

Stoke v Aston Villa Sat 6 Apr
Aston Villa v Fulham Sat 13 Apr
Man Utd v Aston Villa Mon 22 Apr
Aston Villa v Sunderland Mon 29 Apr
Norwich v Aston Villa Sat 4 May 15:00
Aston Villa v Chelsea Sun 12 May
Wigan v Aston Villa Sun 19 May

Apart from their home game against Fulham, they have either got relegation 6-pointers, top 4 opposition, or the tough trip that is Stoke away. Hard to see them getting out of the relegation mire.

Shame :p

Tad

We can't really gloat can we. We're in L1 with 60 million debt.

ggrady

They're still in a higher league if they go down. Them fixtures aren't too bad I can see them staying up.

Personally i dont think they will go down, their squad is too good, but i also dont think Wigan will go down. They're the 2 teams i want to be relegated but it ent gonna happen... AGAIN!

ohitsaidwalker king power

It's Easter.. when the good Lord rose again from the dead(if that's your thing).. here's hoping that the Vile don't ascend in a similar manner ;)

SBS

I hope Wigan stay up. A club prepared to stick with their manager and also just about manage to survive every season. I remember when we were in the PL doing the same and I've always quite liked them for it. Villa, QPR and Sunderland would be a decent bottom three!

Johnrambo

Villa wont go down when Sunderland is soooo shit, and with Flecther out and Cattermole i cant seem them win anything.

Next games for them is Chelsea away, Newcastle away...

The CableGuy

Their remaining fixtures do not look at all pretty:

Stoke v Aston Villa Sat 6 Apr
Aston Villa v Fulham Sat 13 Apr
Man Utd v Aston Villa Mon 22 Apr
Aston Villa v Sunderland Mon 29 Apr
Norwich v Aston Villa Sat 4 May 15:00
Aston Villa v Chelsea Sun 12 May
Wigan v Aston Villa Sun 19 May

Apart from their home game against Fulham, they have either got relegation 6-pointers, top 4 opposition, or the tough trip that is Stoke away. Hard to see them getting out of the relegation mire.

Shame :p

Stoke, Norwich and Sunderland are in freefall. Fulham have freck all to play for, Chelsea are unpredictable and Utd could have the title wrapped up by then and play a bunch of kids.

Sadly, I think Villa will stay up. Either way, Benteke is too good to stay with them.

CJparker

Stoke, Norwich and Sunderland are in freefall. Fulham have freck all to play for, Chelsea are unpredictable and Utd could have the title wrapped up by then and play a bunch of kids.

Sadly, I think Villa will stay up. Either way, Benteke is too good to stay with them.

The Stoke, Norwich and Sunderland games will be tough battles. Stoke are very physical for a lightweight Villa side, and the other two are going to be well up for the 6-pointers. You'd have to put Chelsea as odds on to beat Vile, and maybe rack up a cricket score in doing so. Man United third team could probably beat Vile with their eyes closed.

I agree that they might just squeak it...but as you say, Benteke is the reason they still have a shout now, and he will be off in the summer. Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Man City have all been mentioned as looking at him.

Covstu

they destroyed stoke today, I don't think they will go down as they are starting to get it right. Sunderland on the other hand are in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread