Villa lose 8-0?????? (1 Viewer)

kg82

I'm just joking! The score was 3-0 but you've put 4 players up but I'm guessing you meant ndlovu just ripped them a new one anyway and the other 3 scored

ohitsaidwalker king power

Sky News Flash!!
Paul Lamberts wife just met the team coach back from Chelsea..
"Come on Paul" she said.. "lets get you home..its almost 9"...

"Fckin ell " he said " dont you fckin start" :D:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TheHellion

I can't believe just how poor they were! I know it's a young side, a few players I've not heard of, but that was really shocking! It was more like a game of FIFA than a Premier League game!

D

Deleted member 4232

2 threads dedicated to a game played in a league we've not been in for bloody years. I bet we are never mentioned on their forums, apart from sheer pity. You're all obsessed with a lost battle. Cheering on a London team to beat one closer to home. Sad.

Changeyourface

2 threads dedicated to a game played in a league we've not been in for bloody years. I bet we are never mentioned on their forums, apart from sheer pity. You're all obsessed with a lost battle. Cheering on a London team to beat one closer to home. Sad.

A London team beating one closer to home!? Do you not understand the concept of a LOCAL rivalry?

D

Deleted member 4232

Hah, just realised this was posted in 'Coventry City General Chat'. Absolutely perfect.

I'm here all week, try the fish.

D

Deleted member 4232

A London team beating one closer to home!? Do you not understand the concept of a LOCAL rivalry?
I do, but its only really relevant when we play them. Cheering a London clubs result is just pathetic, it tales the rivalry to obsession. You'd probably not cheer Arsenal playing Nuneaton, this just shows proves how sour those grapes are.

D

Deleted member 4232

I'd rather see midland clubs do well, until we play them of course. Look at the bigger picture, its good for the area, and midlands football. I'd hate to see them relegated, is rather us meet them in the top flight, and have a good strong healthy rivalry, much like the Manchester clubs.

Grendel

To be fair I d have preferred a win yesterday. Villa don t really register with me anymore

I've never got the rivalry with them anyway. I'm sure it's one sided.

Changeyourface

I'd rather see midland clubs do well, until we play them of course. Look at the bigger picture, its good for the area, and midlands football. I'd hate to see them relegated, is rather us meet them in the top flight, and have a good strong healthy rivalry, much like the Manchester clubs.

So you think that United and Citeh fans want the other to do well when they aren't playing each other/ or their results don't affect the other? And if wanting your clubs rivals to fail is obsession, then you'll find that most football fans are obsessed. As for the area doing well, I couldn't give a fuck how Birmingham gets on, place is a shithole. If Villa were as successful as you want them to be then you'd have even less kids from Coventry "areas" supporting us, yeah we should really be cheering them on.

Grendel

So you think that United and Citeh fans want the other to do well when they aren't playing each other/ or their results don't affect the other? And if wanting your clubs rivals to fail is obsession, then you'll find that most football fans are obsessed. As for the area doing well, I couldn't give a feck how Birmingham gets on, place is a shithole. If Villa were as successful as you want them to be then you'd have even less kids from Coventry "areas" supporting us, yeah we should really be cheering them on.

I hardly think comparing the two Manchester clubs to us and another club 20 miles away is very comparable - do you?

It's a stupid pointless rivalry mainly borne from the fact we didn't win against them for over 50 years.

D

Deleted member 4232

So you think that United and Citeh fans want the other to do well when they aren't playing each other/ or their results don't affect the other? And if wanting your clubs rivals to fail is obsession, then you'll find that most football fans are obsessed. As for the area doing well, I couldn't give a fuck how Birmingham gets on, place is a shithole. If Villa were as successful as you want them to be then you'd have even less kids from Coventry "areas" supporting us, yeah we should really be cheering them on.

First point, absolutely not. If we were the same league, and their games affected ours, I'd prefer we dominate, but we are far from that scenario. Second point, it is ccfc's fault and status responsible for football fans in this city, not relating to this team and finding it easier to support a premier team on the telly week in week out, it has little to do with villa or other surrounding clubs success.

Look kid, I'm not trying to change your mind at all, I'm just showing you there is a bigger picture. You're laughing at villa, they're feeling sorry for you. Worst part is, when people ask who I support, and say ccfc, there's no banter from them at all. Cov who?

D

Deleted member 4232

I hardly think comparing the two Manchester clubs to us and another club 20 miles away is very comparable - do you?

It's a stupid pointless rivalry mainly borne from the fact we didn't win against them for over 50 years.

It was mainly a comparison on club status' than geography. Cheers though.

Changeyourface

I didn't make the original comparision to be fair. More a rivalry for me than any other due to Villa supporting mates, relegation etc. Apart from Wolves and Leicester, for some, within the last 10 years we've never had any other rivalries anyway. Can understand if you only started watching Cov around 2002 you'd have complete apathy towards them but to support them because they're local is a strange concept.

D

Deleted member 4232

I'll give you a pointless rivalry, Grendel: Leicester.

Grendel

I didn't make the original comparision to be fair. More a rivalry for me than any other due to Villa supporting mates, relegation etc. Apart from Wolves and Leicester, for some, within the last 10 years we've never had any other rivalries anyway. Can understand if you only started watching Cov around 2002 you'd have complete apathy towards them but to support them because they're local is a strange concept.

I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years. I have no interest in them either way.

Users who are viewing this thread