Vincelot Yellow Card (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Sheepy

For the most part I was happy with the refereeing but the yellow for Romain after him being dragged back baffled me.
Was it just a case of a ref making an obvious error, or did Vincelot do something like throw his shoulder back to catch the player whilst they were tussling?

hill83

Looked like the ref was counting fouls by him and decided enough was enough have a yellow. But got it totally wrong as no way was that a foul.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Was a free kick our way!
But that's always the danger when the red books 3 of their lot so early on he'll always try and even it up.

Thought on the whole the ref was decent yesterday.

I haven't seen it back but I did think (JOB?) fouled their defender in the build up to the 2nd but the ref gave advantage in our favour!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Ref in the main was 'ok' for this leagues standards anyway.

His assistant on the Tesco side however was so slow, especially in the first half.

One point in the second half he knew he wasn't going to keep up with Armstrong but I'm sure he was in line with the last man yet was flagged offside.

As for the Vincelot card, I suspect if he felt it was a foul against us it had to be a booking as by this time Vincelot had committed other fouls within the game.

Did think he was fouled however.

Surprised their man didn't get a booking early on for taking out Armstrong, and was possibly the same defender who went on to get booked later on for encroaching on our free kick

rupert_bear

Not sure, I think Vincelot is a bit cute with little tugs and things think
the ref who I thought was pretty good,had him on tot ups, he was fouled but was there a little tug just before ? Like him though just what we have wanted for years. Now pair him with this mystery prem player (Joey Barton) (I can dream) and we'll be smokin.

CCFC_Charlie

Wasn't a massive fan of the red yesterday. Thought he was way too leiniant towards both sides. Wigan should have had two players sent off, the first being the one who jumped up and gave Fleck a smack after being tackled ans the other being the number 22 who committed the exact same foul that Fleck was booked for while he was already on a yellow. However, Reda could have easily been booked early on when he went in hard on a player and left a lot in the challenge, while I've see pens given as well for the challenge that Phillips made from behind late in the game.

skybluegod

Yeah I don't think it was a foul, not from where I was sitting, but on the balance of play throughout the day he probably did deserve the yellow.

thought the ref was probably the best I have seen in league one tbf to him. Still not great but better than some of the shit I've seen.

Also I thought JOB was about to be sent off in the first half for a two footed lunge on their left back, think he got away with it tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread