vs Sheff Utd player ratings (1 Viewer)

ericagradus

Murphy - 7, Good kicking today.

Willis - 7, Does not offer the same attacking prowess of Christie but was solid in defence. Silly booking
Webster - 6 average performance, was nearly caught out in first half
Clarke - 8, best performance at CB for me
Adams - 6, average performance

Moussa - 6 quiet game
Thomas - 8 broke up play, played simple ball
Fleck - 8 MOM for me, competitive and some cracking passes
Baker - 6, quiet game and tried to beat his players in the wrong place

Wilson - 8, pacey and linked up with Clarke well
Clarke - 8, took his goals well, felt he could have had a hat trick

Subs:

Phillips - 7, 2 last ditch challenges within minutes of coming on. But looked vulnerable on crosses
Daniels - 6, worked hard after coming on
Barton - 6, should of done more with his shot, or ran the ball to the flag in last few minutes

Murphy 8 good display. 2great saves
Willis 6 looks sloppy
Webster 6 Should have walked really
Clarke 8 good performance
Adams 7 got forward well

Moussa 6 quiet
Thomas 8 good game
Fleck 8 maybe should have scored
Baker 7 good 80 mins after 3 games out

Wilson 8 should be more selfish at times
Clarke 8 2 good goals, could have had 4

skybluejelly

Murphy 8 good display. 2great saves
Willis 6 looks sloppy
Webster 6 Should have walked really
Clarke 8 good performance
Adams 7 got forward well

Moussa 6 quiet
Thomas 8 good game
Fleck 8 maybe should have scored
Baker 7 good 80 mins after 3 games out

Wilson 8 should be more selfish at times
Clarke 8 2 good goals, could have had 4

just nit picking but baker only payed 67 mins or are you counting half time;)

covcity4life

overriding feeling of frustration even though we won ,must improve defensivly.

murphy - 8 - made big saves
willis - 6 - did ok defensivly
webster 5 - poor game after his near red,lost his compsure
clarke 8- very good game from jordan(yes i said it)
adams 6 - good cross for goal but not much else attackwise

moussa 6
thomas 7
baker 7
fleck 7

wilson 7
l clarke 8

Sutty

Murphy - 8 - Didn't have much to do for 60 minutes but stayed alert and made some crucial saves in the last half and hour.

Willis - 6 - Was fine, didn't do anything wrong. Obviously was never going to be as threatening going forward as Christie but he did ok.
Webster - 5 - Pretty poor, could easily have been sent off. Was probably at fault for the second goal, I'd have to watch again to confirm. Fortunately Murphy and Clarke bailed him out on a few occasions.
Clarke - 8 - Another really accomplished centre back performance. Lost the ball in a bad place early on but I'll accept that happening occasionally for the control he gives us.
Adams - 6 - Solid enough. Nothing spectacular.

Moussa - 6 - Fairly quiet.
Thomas - 8 - Would like to see him control games like this more often. Up against a 3-man midfield and he did all the grunt work. Kept things simple in possession and was always available to receive the ball.
Fleck - 8 - Fantastic range of passing, and a rapidly improving engine. Last year's Fleck wouldn't have been able to manage 5 minutes at that intensity. Now he copes with 90 minutes every week.
Baker - 7 - Didn't have Christie supporting him which meant he had to do most of the right-sided attacking himself. Great work for the second goal.

Clarke - 8 - Could have scored 5 quite easily. Always finds space, always knows where the players are around him, and 2 very good finishes.
Wilson - 8 - His pace scares defences, it forces them deep, and it gives our other players space to pick the defence apart. Oh, and what a finish.

Daniels - 6 - Off the pace for 5-10 minutes but was ok after that. Showed discipline to support his right back.
Phillips - 7 - It was either him or Webster that lost Taylor for the second goal (I think he was Webster's so I'll leave Phillips at 7 for now). Two good tackles and seemed to offer a bit going forward as well.
Barton - 6 - Came on to give us a bit more control late on, and it probably worked to some extent.

stupot07

Murphy - 8 - Didn't have much to do for 60 minutes but stayed alert and made some crucial saves in the last half and hour.

Willis - 6 - Was fine, didn't do anything wrong. Obviously was never going to be as threatening going forward as Christie but he did ok.
Webster - 5 - Pretty poor, could easily have been sent off. Was probably at fault for the second goal, I'd have to watch again to confirm. Fortunately Murphy and Clarke bailed him out on a few occasions.
Clarke - 8 - Another really accomplished centre back performance. Lost the ball in a bad place early on but I'll accept that happening occasionally for the control he gives us.

Thomas - 8 - Would like to see him control games like this more often. Up against a 3-man midfield and he did all the grunt work. Kept things simple in possession and was always available to receive the ball.
Fleck - 8 - Fantastic range of passing, and a rapidly improving engine. Last year's Fleck wouldn't have been able to manage 5 minutes at that intensity. Now he copes with 90 minutes every week.
Baker - 7 - Didn't have Christie supporting him which meant he had to do most of the right-sided attacking himself. Great work for the second goal.

Clarke - 8 - Could have scored 5 quite easily. Always finds space, always knows where the players are around him, and 2 very good finishes.
Wilson - 8 - His pace scares defences, it forces them deep, and it gives our other players space to pick the defence apart. Oh, and what a finish.

Daniels - 6 - Off the pace for 5-10 minutes but was ok after that. Showed discipline to support his right back.
Phillips - 7 - It was either him or Webster that lost Taylor for the second goal (I think he was Webster's so I'll leave Phillips at 7 for now). Two good tackles and seemed to offer a bit going forward as well.
Barton - 6 - Came on to give us a bit more control late on, and it probably worked to some extent.

Pretty much agree this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Spionkop

Murphy 8 (Saved us in last 25 minutes)
Willis 5 (Nervy, nothing going forward)
Clarke 7 (Brave, composed, out of position)
Webster 4 (possibly past it, a stopper, heads everything)
Adams 6 (Always liked him)
Moussa 5 (nice touch, anonymous)
Thomas 6 (Steady Eddie, nothing going forward)
Baker 6 (Lovely swerve and cross for goal, invisible but worked hard)
Fleck 7 (nice passing, rarely gave ball away)
Wilson 6 (not much service, didn't use his speed enough, cracking finish, can't debate that)
Clarke 6 (could have had 4, good brace, a strange player, looks awful at times)

Saw it on Sky, which is rare for me. Webster should have been sent off. Very lucky. Apart from his excellent goal Wilson isn't getting the service he needs to exploit his speed. There's more to come from him. Needs to be more selfish and go for goal more.

Last edited:

japandy

Pointless doing this thread this week as most could actually see the game, all be it on TV. Did you guys go to the game or did you watch PC, TV or listen to the radio? If it was one of these stop playing with people's bloody intelligence. The reason for this is that the camera only follows the ball and you don't get to see the off ball contribution. For example Webster is constantly advising the back four but you don't see this on TV. A match report should be done from watching the match NOT by watching the TV. Having an opinion of the game is different. People can watch TV and give THEIR opinion, but to give 'player's ratings' by watching TV is cheap.

JimmyHillsbeard

So no-one wants to dock a point off either/both Fleck or/and Baker for letting a straight drive go straight through them while standing in the wall? Just as bad as letting a bloke get a free header for the second and the general panic of the last 30 minutes doesn't happen without the first goal.

shmmeee

Yep. Though Phillips looked a little erratic at times, probably nerves considering it was on Sky. But two excellent tackles. The midfield and front two pairings (along with the right side when Christie is fit) are looking like they're building a real understanding. Just need that at the back and on the left wing now.

KG7

Yep. Though Phillips looked a little erratic at times, probably nerves considering it was on Sky. But two excellent tackles. The midfield and front two pairings (along with the right side when Christie is fit) are looking like they're building a real understanding. Just need that at the back and on the left wing now.
What did he do that was erratic? I thought you were probably talking about his two tackles but then you described these as 'excellent'. He didn't really do much else of note?

ericagradus

Pointless doing this thread this week as most could actually see the game, all be it on TV. Did you guys go to the game or did you watch PC, TV or listen to the radio? If it was one of these stop playing with people's bloody intelligence. The reason for this is that the camera only follows the ball and you don't get to see the off ball contribution. For example Webster is constantly advising the back four but you don't see this on TV. A match report should be done from watching the match NOT by watching the TV. Having an opinion of the game is different. People can watch TV and give THEIR opinion, but to give 'player's ratings' by watching TV is cheap.

Pointless you commenting if you didn't know if those giving match ratings were at the game or not!

And thank you for your wonderful insight about how cameras follow the ball and you get a different perspective when you see a game live to when you watch it on TV. I really didn't know that! *sarcasm*

shmmeee

What did he do that was erratic? I thought you were probably talking about his two tackles but then you described these as 'excellent'. He didn't really do much else of note?

Dunno if erratic is the right word. Seemed a little too full of energy. Like I said his tackles were good, but I don't think he was thinking clearly, rather than running on adrenaline. Nothing against the lad, looks a prospect and more like a replacement for Christie in terms of style than Willis.

KG7

Dunno if erratic is the right word. Seemed a little too full of energy. Like I said his tackles were good, but I don't think he was thinking clearly, rather than running on adrenaline. Nothing against the lad, looks a prospect and more like a replacement for Christie in terms of style than Willis.
Yes I think so too. Wasn't having a go, was just wondering. He looked good against Oxford in pre-season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No it isn't

PVA

Wow... what a load of rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread