W***s bought Brentford FC. (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Maybe Brentford want a Rugby team in their new stadium and have heard Wasps are for sale on the cheap? Although I'm sure that isn't true as they're stuck with that huge unplayable Ricoh loan.

Otis

Said investors would have to buy off the Ricoh debt, and then pay for Brentford, and then pay for the new ground.
Sounds far-fetched doesn't it, but then Donald Trump DID become president and we DID vote for Brexit.

I find in this world that anything's possible.

chiefdave

Who is paying for wasps to move in with Brentford then because they certainly wouldn’t do it.
The stadium is being built by Brentford FC with council involvement. Its the stadium that when Wasps were asked about it following their move here they claimed that rugby was banned from the stadium which is a bit odd as they are actively seeking a rugby club as a tenant.

I would have thought if you were a Wasps supporter from the pre-Cov days it would be seen as an ideal solution. An 18K stadium 1.3 miles from their traditional home.

Even things like branding the stadium would be easy with Brentford being the Bees.
Then they won't be buying Brentford.
They wouldn't be, they would be sharing, and possibly taking a stake in, a new stadium.

Otis

The stadium is being built by Brentford FC with council involvement. Its the stadium that when Wasps were asked about it following their move here they claimed that rugby was banned from the stadium which is a bit odd as they are actively seeking a rugby club as a tenant.

I would have thought if you were a Wasps supporter from the pre-Cov days it would be seen as an ideal solution. An 18K stadium 1.3 miles from their traditional home.

Even things like branding the stadium would be easy with Brentford being the Bees.

They wouldn't be, they would be sharing, and possibly taking a stake in, a new stadium.
Yep. For a true Wasps fan you should be fully supporting a move back to London.

If it was a merger of sorts and Brentford were totally up for it too,. I see no problem.

But different to Wasps muscling in up here.

Joy Division

From the official stadium web page.

Brentford Community Stadium |

Situated next to Kew Bridge station, less than a mile away from Griffin Park, it’s much more than just a stadium for professional football though. It will also be home to a professional rugby team and is at the heart of plans to regenerate the area, including much needed new homes and commercial opportunities.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but note the use of colours on this website.

*EDIT just remembered they are nicknamed the bees so that's why the colours are yellow and black.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread