Waggott?? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdale

This has been bugging me for a while, but does anyone know what Steve Waggott's qualifications are that got him to be our 'Head of Recruitment'? I know he had a similarly unsuccessful role at Charlton when they plummeted down the leagues, but as far as I know he never played the game so where does his 'expertise' come from and what is his background? I just noticed that Les Ferdinand has a similar role at QPR and I think other clubs use 'football people' in such roles. It seems Waggott is getting to play a real life game of Football Manager at our expense.

Terry Gibson's perm

This has been bugging me for a while, but does anyone know what Steve Waggott's qualifications are that got him to be our 'Head of Recruitment'? I know he had a similarly unsuccessful role at Charlton when they plummeted down the leagues, but as far as I know he never played the game so where does his 'expertise' come from and what is his background? I just noticed that Les Ferdinand has a similar role at QPR and I think other clubs use 'football people' in such roles. It seems Waggott is getting to play a real life game of Football Manager at our expense.

I have put it on another thread he has no background from what I can see, was ceo at Charlton and they were very poor at the time and got that job after looking after the community for Charlton before that a director at a leisure college. He would be out of his depth in a puddle.

mrtrench

I would imagine his main qualification is not complaining about the situation and making do.

Evo1883

Hes just happy to be employed by the sounds of it , sadly we are the employers

tisza

don't see the problem. we've had a chairman sat on the bench so obviously there is a correlation between sisu managers & football know how.

J

Jack Griffin

I think he has some sort of finance in football qualification. But the question I'd ask is not about qualifications or experience but does he do an effective job?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread