Transfer Rumour Walker to Lincoln (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

Strong rumours from Lincoln neck of the woods that he’s being sold in Jan.

Not seen owt round here but I thought no chance.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rob9872

He did well there before and if he needs a lift ...

slowpoke

Have they got anyone any good for us in exchange can’t see Lincoln paying anything like the £750k we did.

rob9872

Have they got anyone any good for us in exchange can’t see Lincoln paying anything like the £750k we did.
Could swap him for a cleaner or a tea lady

Legia Sky Blue

What equates to 'strong rumours'?
Don't see this at all - probably wishful thinking on the part of Lincoln's equivalent to the fantasists that sometimes post on here. They will not be able to afford him and it would be a completely backward step for him. From CCFC's standpoint we need the option of 4 forwards to cover for suspensions, injuries, fluctuations in form and tactical changes, so unless we have someone lined up to replace him who is better it is a complete non starter.

higgs

He's a good finisher but our system doesn't seem to suit him think he could be championship class but don't think he will make it with us might need to drop back down to league one get promoted and see how he gets on then in the championship a bit like JCH

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

One thing I’ve noticed about Walker that’s changed since he first signed is his work ethic , he puts it in now, you can tell he doesn’t enjoy it.

But clearly has been told he needs to do more off the ball which he is. Feel a bit sorry for him tbh , scored 2 on the bounce ( weren’t they both away aswell?? ) and then gets dropped.

Would be a great signing for Lincoln , but I personally don’t think it will happen.

Marty

Best finisher at the club, constantly working for other players too, his movement for the goal against Huddersfield was superb, took out 2 defenders for Godden to stroll in and have a free header from 5 yards out.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If they offer 1,000,000 or above its a no brainer as we would have made profit, I like walker its just I dont think Sisu would keep him around if an offer where we make profit comes in, especially if he is going to be 4th choice.

I reckon if he does go, we look at the Prem for a young quick loanee, for example the likes of Aaron Connelly at Brighton, Anthony Elanga of Man utd, Nathan Tella of Southampton, or we go for a player already out on loan such as Hugill (not quick but a good striker) talks of him getting recalled, potentially Ryan Longman on loan at Hull from Brighton (2 goals 2 assists) winger but can play striker and Im sure we could use him at times in AM.

But anyways, its a non-starter as they cant afford it

edit : also our top scorer last season with 8 goals

slowpoke

I just think with this current covid climate and no one really knowing what will happen after xmas fixture wise this will be a quiet transfer window I don’t see many permanent transfers at all just loans, I don’t see any of our main players going out on loan unless we draft someone in.

slowpoke

What about someone like CB Nathan Phillips from Liverpool on loan, not sure what loans cost or how much of his wages we have to stump up. Talk is Liverpool will sell for around £10 million we can’t afford that but if a player like him on loan helped us into the top six and then promotion taking him on a permenant at the end of the season for around £10 million would be cheap. Such a difficult scenerio of what to do 10 million fees are astronomical to the likes of us but chicken feed to premier clubs and then there’s the million pound plus a year wages to boot.

slowpoke

Not if the incoming player is better but he has to be better which if it involved Walker going out who seems to be fourth choice any newbie would likely have to be first or second choice straight away.

skybluegod

What about someone like CB Nathan Phillips from Liverpool on loan, not sure what loans cost or how much of his wages we have to stump up. Talk is Liverpool will sell for around £10 million we can’t afford that but if a player like him on loan helped us into the top six and then promotion taking him on a permenant at the end of the season for around £10 million would be cheap. Such a difficult scenerio of what to do 10 million fees are astronomical to the likes of us but chicken feed to premier clubs and then there’s the million pound plus a year wages to boot.

Fuck me. This is like Ben Davies with you all over again. Phillips has had enquires from West Ham, Newcastle and Burnley already for January. For a 15 million asking price. He's also on about 40k a week. Which we would be expected to cover the majority of especially if you want the option to buy.

There is no player like him that we can afford.

On a separate note (not directed at you) given covid kicking off I'd wager that January will be a very different window, with a lot less loans happening from premier League clubs. They will want to hoard players, in case of any outbreaks to ensure they have the strength in depth to cover large amounts of players missing. A very difficult window to navigate normally made even more difficult

Grendel

He hasn’t said Lincoln will be just that he will be sold. He clearly doesn’t get on with robins so it’s no surprise

I’d guess Peterborough Hull or the likes of Rotherham and Sunderland would be interested

slowpoke

Fuck me. This is like Ben Davies with you all over again. Phillips has had enquires from West Ham, Newcastle and Burnley already for January. For a 15 million asking price. He's also on about 40k a week. Which we would be expected to cover the majority of especially if you want the option to buy.

There is no player like him that we can afford.

On a separate note (not directed at you) given covid kicking off I'd wager that January will be a very different window, with a lot less loans happening from premier League clubs. They will want to hoard players, in case of any outbreaks to ensure they have the strength in depth to cover large amounts of players missing. A very difficult window to navigate normally made even more difficult
That’s what I’m pointing out Premiership signings or loans are becoming out of the question for championship clubs like us unless it’s a a young Maatsen type with potential, strange situations I can see lots of players such as Phillips no hope of first team at their parent club but too expensive to move on other than loans unless it’s to lower level premier clubs who will have players as good on their books, Liverpool as an example have a number like that.
Don’t know an answer really, the likes of us rely on bargains like your O’Hares, Gyokeres and Kanes of this world.

stupot07

He's a good finisher but our system doesn't seem to suit him think he could be championship class but don't think he will make it with us might need to drop back down to league one get promoted and see how he gets on then in the championship a bit like JCH

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I agree he doesn't really work as a lone striker but Robins has never given him a run of 5-10 games in a two up front. He played a couple scored 2 in 2 then got bombed out

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread