Walker (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Wonder how long he’s going to be happy sat on the bench?

SlowerThanPlatt

Odd signing so far. We’re not in a position to pay a million pound for a player who may be used of the bench for 10 minutes

Alkhen

He will get a chance, we play one up top and Godden has 3 goals in 4. Pretty hard to drop him.

Would have thought Robins plans to indroduce him late on in matches to start with but I guess Osti getting a yellow and then getting away with a lunge forced him to use up a sub early on. Giles for McCallum seemed planned

Mucca Mad Boys

He will get a chance, we play one up top and Godden has 3 goals in 4. Pretty hard to drop him.

Would have thought Robins plans to indroduce him late on in matches to start with but I guess Osti getting a yellow and then getting away with a lunge forced him to use up a sub early on. Giles for McCallum seemed planned

Damage limitation given the situation. Probably helped to get McCallum on to reduce the wages we'd pay in a game we were 2 goals down and down to 10 men - the game was lost.

Liquid Gold

I would have bought him on for Godden with 20 mins left yesterday. Much needed match fitness and no point tiring Godden. Although MR maybe thought it wouldn’t be good for his confidence to just go on chasing shadows.

Last edited:

stupot07

Difficult, you can't really drop a striker who has scored 8 in his last 10 league games. That said, I'd have brought him on last 20 mins to add fresh legs up front.

I'm guessing McCallum was brought on for financial reasons.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PVA

Feel a bit sorry for Baka too who was really good in pre season, scored a few goals and looked bigger fitter and stronger than last season

johnwillomagic

I think we need to consider playing two up top - we looked good when we did it at times last year - at Peterboro away we had Biamou and Baka up top both looked good and both scored.

I'd like to see Baka being given a go but tbh guess we would have to start with Walker & Godden up top.

Be good to see imo how much impact Kelly makes at championship level over next few games - Harmer takibg a lot of stick but will we miss him or will we look better with Kelly in the team and Harmer out?

cc84cov

I think we need to consider playing two up top - we looked good when we did it at times last year - at Peterboro away we had Biamou and Baka up top both looked good and both scored.

I'd like to see Baka being given a go but tbh guess we would have to start with Walker & Godden up top.

Be good to see imo how much impact Kelly makes at championship level over next few games - Harmer takibg a lot of stick but will we miss him or will we look better with Kelly in the team and Harmer out?
We’ve gone 2 up front this season & ended up over run losing the man in midfield if we done that last night we would of been destroyed even more,but I don’t see what the fuss is about with walker just yet clearly Robins is seeing him in training etc so knows best.

rob9872

Really pleased we got him in, as the jury was out on if Matty could step up. So far he has and long may it continue. Hope he's still unhappy at Christmas and we have a 20 goal Championship striker.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Perhaps go 3-4-1-2 instead of 3-4-2-1 and drop Allen/Shipley and have a second striker instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make sense to me, although I am not sure we would have enough in midfield.

If we have Walker who is a premium signing and one of our better players (in theory), we should be finding a way to play him alongside Godden. Especially as our usual formation has been found out spectacularly in the last few games.

cc84cov

That would make sense to me, although I am not sure we would have enough in midfield.

If we have Walker who is a premium signing and one of our better players (in theory), we should be finding a way to play him alongside Godden. Especially as our usual formation has been found out spectacularly in the last few games.
The games we’ve gone 2 up front losing the midfielder we’ve become over ran we got beat by a far superior team that have come down from the Prem the system worked well against QPR for example

cc84cov

All I’ve seen from walker so far is failure to control the ball reminds me of JCH so far

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The games we’ve gone 2 up front losing the midfielder we’ve become over ran we got beat by a far superior team that have come down from the Prem the system worked well against QPR for example

Unfortunately on showing so far, your beloved Shipley is not up to it, and Allen is looking pretty suspect too.

I know it is only early days, but our wingbacks have been nullified in the last couple of matches. I would be interested to see a 4-3-1-2 or something similar. Get O'Hare, Walker, and Godden playing together. On paper they are our best attackers at least. Hamer, Kelly and Sheaf can play in the 3.

I'm totally doing football manager here, but I don't think our current formation will last the season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Unfortunately on showing so far, your beloved Shipley is not up to it, and Allen is looking pretty suspect too.

I know it is only early days, but our wingbacks have been nullified in the last couple of matches. I would be interested to see a 4-3-1-2 or something similar. Get O'Hare, Walker, and Godden playing together. On paper they are our best attackers at least. Hamer, Kelly and Sheaf can play in the 3.

I'm totally doing football manager here, but I don't think our current formation will last the season.

Each time we’ve played it’s seemed like there’s big gaps between players when we’re in possession, know it sounds a bit vague but I can’t word it better.

cc84cov

I do see your point mate

Mucca Mad Boys

We haven’t been ‘spectacularly found out’ in the last few games. Bournemouth are literally a class above us. We’ve just come up from League 1 and we’ve put together a team for about £2m. We’re going to get battered by a few teams who have established Championship/Premiership teams.

This is the first game we’ve been comprehensively outplayed this season. Against a team that looks like they’ll be competing at the top of the league this season. I’m obviously disappointed we lost, and we made some sloppy mistakes, but it’s obvious that Bournemouth are just a way better outfit.

We’re learning in the Championship and as I expected, we’re going to be very naive at times.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We haven’t been ‘spectacularly found out’ in the last few games. Bournemouth are literally a class above us. We’ve just come up from League 1 and we’ve put together a team for about £2m. We’re going to get battered by a few teams who have established Championship/Premiership teams.

This is the first game we’ve been comprehensively outplayed this season. Against a team that looks like they’ll be competing at the top of the league this season. I’m obviously disappointed we lost, and we made some sloppy mistakes, but it’s obvious that Bournemouth are just a way better outfit.

We’re learning in the Championship and as I expected, we’re going to be very naive at times.

B'mouth were a step above but since the season started teams have been looking to expose what are the potential weaknesses our formation has.

Firstly we're being pressed high and fast stopping us playing out and secondly they're looking to see if they can expose the WB's.

So while we may not have been 'found out' teams definitely know where our potential weaknesses are.

Mucca Mad Boys

B'mouth were a step above but since the season started teams have been looking to expose what are the potential weaknesses our formation has.

Firstly we're being pressed high and fast stopping us playing out and secondly they're looking to see if they can expose the WB's.

So while we may not have been 'found out' teams definitely know where our potential weaknesses are.

Barnsley’s home record since the return from lockdown has generally been quite good and they turned over good teams last season. A draw is a good result and we could’ve won. Beat QPR, and really should’ve got a point from Bristol. We’ve had a decent start to the season.

Ultimately, if you keep things in perspective, we’re an inexperienced, young outfit so we need to adapt to the championship. I get the feeling a few too many people went into this season with a false sense security of where we were at. We’ll be alright this season, but we’ll still lose 20+ games this season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Our formation was nullified against Barnsley completely. We had no plan b to get out when they were pressing so high. That is a game we really should look to be winning.

That gap between the wing backs keep getting exploited constantly. In fact, I think in every game so far. How can you argue with those points?

Users who are viewing this thread