Was it Bill or was it Ben? (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

The second goal reminds me of the old "Flowerpot Men" song
Live I was 100% sure it was Gyokores that scored.
After multiple replays I was 100% sure it was Palmer.
I just watched the goal Cam video and am back to at least 99% Gyokores

Calista

I thought Palmer scored it when watching live from the East Stand, and haven't changed my mind. There's only one replay angle where it looks like Vik hit it, and that's an illusion IMO.
So if Palmer is Bill, it was Bill. And if Palmer is Ben, it was Ben.

Johhny Blue

I thought Palmer scored it when watching live from the East Stand, and haven't changed my mind. There's only one replay angle where it looks like Vik hit it, and that's an illusion IMO.
So if Palmer is Bill, it was Bill. And if Palmer is Ben, it was Ben.
I would have agreed with you yesterday, Did you watch the goalcam?

MatthewWallis

You’re changing your mind based on the goal cam which has the sun blaring in the middle of it and can barely see a thing?

shmmeee

Was absolutely convinced it was Vik from 24. Have bowed to peer pressure and the internet instead of my lying eyes though.

Calista

Has it been officially credited to Palmer, and did Vik try to claim it? Don't suppose it matters, although Vik's goal tally may slightly influence our ability to keep him and/or his value in the transfer market.

Johhny Blue

Don't really care who got it in the big picture. But it would be interesting to hear something "Official" from Vic Kasey or the club

Sbarcher

A page out of the Noel Whelan scrap book?

olderskyblue

Thats what you get when you kick the back of your team mates boot…

skybluelee

It is Palmer's as clear as day from the angle behind the goal, Gyokeres' foot is unquestionably behind Palmer's as he struck the ball. Every other angle looked like Gyokeres though, it was a weird one.

ajsccfc

It is Palmer's as clear as day from the angle behind the goal, Gyokeres' foot is unquestionably behind Palmer's as he struck the ball. Every other angle looked like Gyokeres though, it was a weird one.

From block 17 I thought it was Palmer at first but everything else had me convinced I was wrong until I saw that angle, also showed Palmer's a little lucky he didn't have his achilles caved in

skybluelee

From block 17 I thought it was Palmer at first but everything else had me convinced I was wrong until I saw that angle, also showed Palmer's a little lucky he didn't have his achilles caved in
We were in 35 (as my daughter had been mascot) so completely opposite to you, and I thought Gyokeres at the time too.

PVA

It was Palmer.

Depth perception can play tricks on the mind in 2d images. Gyokeres' foot was actually nowhere near the ball when it was struck by Palmer.

Screenshot_20230121-132344.png

Screenshot_20230121-132404~2.png

ajsccfc

This was the angle that cemented it for me

xtrmHX8.png

oakey

Has anyone considered that Palmer touched the ball first but Gyokeres foot speed meant his foot went past Palmer's and touched the ball last?
Certainly Palmer seemed to stroke the ball, then it suddenly gained momentum.
Palmer assisted, Gyokeres scored.

Calista

Doing this to death I know, but it's a pity that doubting the scorer has detracted a bit from Palmer's fine sidefoot technique. If it had been a winner, we'd have been raving about this. The ball is on its way and Vik's foot hasn't got there yet.
Screenshot 2023-01-23 135803.jpg

hill83

Just to confirm. I was joking saying it was Vic. Surely everyone else is joking as well?

ajsccfc

Question is who scored the own goal? I thought it was Bidwell and I've seen Rose get the credit but going by the general angry shouting in the rows around us I think the best thing to do is blame Dabo by default.

Calista

Really still not sure despite all the images?

From the CCFC website - 'That lead was halved five minutes later when Brooke Norton-Cuffy picked out Viktor Gyökeres with a superb ball into the box and the Swede took a touch and Palmer ran onto the ball and unleashed a thunderous strike to beat Krul from the edge of the area.'

Quite a bit of poetic licence in that description I think!

Hertsccfc

Question is who scored the own goal? I thought it was Bidwell and I've seen Rose get the credit but going by the general angry shouting in the rows around us I think the best thing to do is blame Dabo by default.
It was Bidwell surely. Don't understand why reports suggest it was Rose.

Users who are viewing this thread