Was osb there? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

And can someone other than the chump Andy scales summarise what happened??

andy_scates

Oh nice, a thread of a personal insult, I bet you're a role model to the community, but if you're gonna do it, at least spell properly x

andy_scates

And as I mentioned, I asked the accountant and TF as to any reasoning why we have let players go with such ease, that's it

procdoc

Oh nice, a thread of a personal insult, I bet you're a role model to the community, but if you're gonna do it, at least spell properly x

you are coming across like a complete bellend though shouting down to people for being a tad upset with the current owners and accusing people of not being real fans

andy_scates

I'm not shouting down on people, It's the complete opposite, Bellend, twat, mug, chump, all used AT ME, that's me insulting people is it? From the word off, I said a simple point, why are people pinning richardsons problems on SISU? And saying you won't support the team you apparently love because of someone in a suit, that doesn't make you a fan at all

katzenjammer

I think he was, there was a guy called Mark Franklin (or something?) who I assumed was him. He gave the CCFC accounts guy a bit of a grilling until he got called out for being involved in The Higgs Charity.

procdoc

I'm not shouting down on people, It's the complete opposite, Bellend, twat, mug, chump, all used AT ME, that's me insulting people is it? From the word off, I said a simple point, why are people pinning richardsons problems on SISU? And saying you won't support the team you apparently love because of someone in a suit, that doesn't make you a fan at all

you have no right to judge people's fandom. Who the fuck do you think you are?

quinn1971

Your right about sisu being blamed for the richardson years...we didn't say we wont support the team.will still go to away games.its time to make a stand against sisu and we can only do that by not going.fair play if you want to carry on going ....but you can't say people who dont go aren't real fans.id say it's harder to stay away from the club you love than go.

wingy

Your right about sisu being blamed for the richardson years...we didn't say we wont support the team.will still go to away games.its time to make a stand against sisu and we can only do that by not going.fair play if you want to carry on going ....but you can't say people who dont go aren't real fans.id say it's harder to stay away from the club you love than go.

Absolutely the hardest choice ,did it against Southampton ,It is totally against instinct but for the Indivdual the right course.

RichieGunns

You really do show your 20 years of wisdom don't you lol

You were the one who by your comments in other threads, invited people to insult you.

If you can't take it, don't post, it's as simple as that ;)

Delboycov

The only question of the night that was answered by a yes or no

That's so true! I did get frustrated myself and as I was sitting near the front did find myself shouting out few times telling him to answer the bloody question! Never intended to but what an incredibly evasive bloke he is...must be a complete nightmare to do business with.

andy_scates

You really do show your 20 years of wisdom don't you lol

You were the one who by your comments in other threads, invited people to insult you.

If you can't take it, don't post, it's as simple as that ;)

Oh you're right again oh fucking wise one. I regularly put "please insult me" didn't I. So if you're in a meeting at work, and you're losing the argument, you start throwing personal insults do you? Grow up.

RichieGunns

Oh you're right again oh fucking wise one. I regularly put "please insult me" didn't I. So if you're in a meeting at work, and you're losing the argument, you start throwing personal insults do you? Grow up.

And your immaturity bleeds through.

You may not have worded it so openly, as in "Please Insult Me" but the way you worded your argument and the certain things you said encouraged people to insult you.

You may not have wanted it, nor encouraged it on purpose, but you got it none the less. That's why I said you should consider what you type before you type it.

Making broad statements like "Anyone who says they wont go to city matches because of the owners isn't a true fan" is only going to bring a tun of crap down on your head (as you found out lol) ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Having been asked as to who i am and was i there then I confirm that I was the one giving Mr Brookfield a grilling

Yes I was at the creditors meeting representing a client, The Alan Higgs Centre Trust in my professional capacity. All above board, with letters of engagement, signed in at that meeting etc. It was a one off appointment for that day which gave me the opportunity to question the administrator on their behalf and to assist a local charity. I have not acted for them before or since and I am not part of The Higgs Charity, ACL, the Council etc nor have I ever been.

As my name is out there I will also make clear that I have been helping, in a non professional capacity, the Sky Blue Trust in getting a handle on the financial situation at CCFC. Nothing to hide there either. Hopefully it helps the Trust get their heads round complex/messy financial matters.

Think I have proven my financial skills and been right on more than a few ocassions

I view the current situation as so serious that hiding behind a keyboard is neither relevant or useful. If any of the above upsets, devalues my contribution or disappoints some on here then so be it. My input here and other places has always been truthful and to the best of my ability and I am very comfortable with that. Oh and if I offered an opinion it was honest and I am entitled to express it just as much as anyone else

Got some questions .......

Last night I asked Mr Brookfield
- if the accounts were right or wrong, was the basis of their preparation incorrect ?
- if he had ever encountered a group banking situation whereby all bankings and payments are made from one account?
- whether it is who paid or who had the liability to pay that dictates what is in the accounts?
- whether he would care to comment on the 1996 Memorandum & Articles (approved by directors, shareholders, company house and The Football League) which reads as follows
"the Companys (CCFC Ltd) objects are:
To acquire from its parent company, The Coventry City Football Club Limited (later to be called CCFC H) as a going concern the business of the playing activities of that company and to carry on such business under the name of "COVENTYRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB" " ..................... could he comment as to why CCFC Ltd was a non trading property subsidiary when the Company's own statutory rules said it was not

I stated the basis of those memorandum & articles had not been changed by later amendments.

Mr Brookfield is Finance director of CCFC appointed over a year ago............ these are not difficult questions.......... you might expect any director to understand the entity he is in charge of

Instead there was no real reply and the retort was "were you at the creditors meeting with the Alan Higgs Trust" - to which I immediately answered truthfully yes

Got to wonder what relevance my being at the creditors meeting had to any of the questions I asked and did not get answered :facepalm::thinking about:

They were not difficult questions

That is the truth.

Sub

i like many on here appreciate the fact you look into things and also dumb it down for myself to understand and anybody willing to explain the mess the club is in is all ok with me !!:claping hands::claping hands:

S

skyblue2k

I for one want to thank OSB for all he has done on here, tearing apart what is coming out of holdings. Pity the telegraph cannot employ you to point out what is going on. I did wonder if your attending the forum monday, could be the reason that it was not on the radio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delboycov

Thought you came across very well last night OSB and it was just a shame that SL moved on to another question without getting an answer to your questions. It was actually your questions and their responses to them...or lack of...which I think to my mind exposed them as, at best totally out of their depth and at worst downright dishonest. Well done...

NorthernWisdom

On a wider level, and to give you the more full answer that you deserve.

My worry was that having been reported as representing ACL, I would have been very concerned had this been an ongoing element, dating back much time, as it would have lost you something of the objectivity that is useful in such things. Of course nothing is ever 'objective' and 'objective' sometimes is subjective viewed through a prism, but the closer we keep to objective the better. I think it's wise to interrogate all parties in such things, and I personally am uncomfortable with how all sides are playing the PR game. The fact that you only represented ACL at that meeting and not before, I am a lot happier now I know that, as it seems entirely reasonable you might do so. If they were looking for a freelancer to represent them after reading this board, I would consider it entirely natural they asked you. That is, however, an entirely different complexion to the alternative, and so I am glad you cleared that up.

Likewise, I am delighted you are helping the Trust and it's good to know they have some financial expertise on board. Where this will be especially helpful to them, I hope, is further scutinising of whoever becomes the preferred bidder, be it SISU (likely) or others.

I don't want to be going down this path again with future owners, whenever they come in and I'm sure you don't either, so someone with the wherewithal to scrutinise their bids will reassure me, for one.

chiefdave

As you're helping the trust maybe CWR could setup having yourself and Tim on at the same time so you can give him a real grilling!

Was it coincidence your company was engaged by The Alan Higgs Centre Trust or do you think they saw your posts on here first?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It was the Alan Higgs Centre Trust, NW not ACL

The contact came via the posts here

Thank you for everyones support

wingy

Thought you came across very well last night OSB and it was just a shame that SL moved on to another question without getting an answer to your questions. It was actually your questions and their responses to them...or lack of...which I think to my mind exposed them as, at best totally out of their depth and at worst downright dishonest. Well done...

Pity SL never followed it up ,its been so easy for them to skirt the very detail which exposes the Chicanery .

Delboycov

Pity SL never followed it up ,its been so easy for them to skirt the very detail which exposes the Chicanery .

Couldn't blame SL really as there were loads shouting for the microphone while the accountant guy was squirming from OSB's questioning and I just wanted to tell them to shut up and let him do his stuff! Certainly had them on the ropes and I would've been happy if they'd have stayed with OSB for the rest of the forum..

Users who are viewing this thread