Wasps CCFC Relationship (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Franchising for the survival of a club I'm all for.

So you do disagree with the Wasps move - well done you've seen the light.

Grendel

You've lost me with your moronic comments.

Well wasps would have survived if they'd stayed in Wycombe - unless you believe that bullshit about needing 365 days revenue. That's bullshit isn't it?

torchomatic

Raggs

Seemingly dead in the water ( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...s-Park-as-survival-instinct-wins-the-day.html ).

Hasn't been a single news article on the possibility of it being built since it first came up in May 2014, as basically a footnote in a council meeting. Guess we'll see whether it happens or not in a few years time.

italiahorse

SkyBlueZack

The Premiership club were invited in as partners by the landowners, Legal & General, and the local Hertsmere Borough Council, with a 15,000-seater stadium worth £22 million and a hotel on site for added revenue. But Wasps wanted to own and control it. End of deal.

That sounds familiar. Unemcumbered. What's wrong with a long lease I hear the council cry!

Terry Gibson's perm

The Premiership club were invited in as partners by the landowners, Legal & General, and the local Hertsmere Borough Council, with a 15,000-seater stadium worth £22 million and a hotel on site for added revenue. But Wasps wanted to own and control it. End of deal.

That sounds familiar. Unemcumbered. What's wrong with a long lease I hear the council cry!

dont let Tim know this he will be on the phone trying to do a deal

Esoterica

I couldn't give a toss to be honest.
What's done is done.
Sisu seem determined to drive us into the ground and I'll continue to support the under funded team while they are in Coventry.
When they go I've got plenty on to occupy me.

'What's done is done' is such a massive cop out when 'what's done' doesn't match your stance or argument. I suspect what's done would be referenced at every opportunity if it did line up with your point of view.

Big_Ben

I can't see how Wasps have done anything wrong they just did a deal they and us would have been crazy not to do.
Personally I can't see how trying to cost them a load of money, on top of getting compensation is of benefit to us at all. It is not conducive to any future negotiations we try to have.
The only way it makes sense to me is if SISU believe wasps are skint. Otherwise why try and earn the council money?

Think it may be part of publicly emphasising SISU's case that CCC failed to negotiate the best deal it could for the taxpayers.

Nick

Administrator
'What's done is done' is such a massive cop out when 'what's done' doesn't match your stance or argument. I suspect what's done would be referenced at every opportunity if it did line up with your point of view.

It is ok, he will be saying that when he travels 85 miles to watch city if we move with a big smile.

Raggs

That's one article. Another says it's dead in the water same as Booker airfield (meaning the council dropped it) and the third says Wasps would have been tenants to the council, and not owners. Right now, all it is, is a pie in the sky stadium (15k or 20k doesn't seem fixed) that hasn't got past the footnote in a council meeting stage.

SkyBlueZack

That's one article. Another says it's dead in the water same as Booker airfield (meaning the council dropped it) and the third says Wasps would have been tenants to the council, and not owners. Right now, all it is, is a pie in the sky stadium (15k or 20k doesn't seem fixed) that hasn't got past the footnote in a council meeting stage.

God forbid Wasps having to be tenants to the council like we were! Why is it Wasps have been placed on a pedestal? As the shining light of sport. Why is it the City's own paper places more emphasis on Wasps news rather than the City's own rugby teams news? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Raggs

God forbid Wasps having to be tenants to the council like we were! Why is it Wasps have been placed on a pedestal? As the shining light of sport. Why is it the City's own paper places more emphasis on Wasps news rather than the City's own rugby teams news? Any help would be greatly appreciated

It's more that going from being tenants, with poor attendance, but established fanbase, to being tenants with no established fanbase, and 10 minutes away from the league champions (who'd only moved in recently and put in huge efforts to drum up local support) isn't really a sensible move.

Users who are viewing this thread