Wasps downward spiral... (6 Viewers)

Moff

WCG are by no means blameless and are showing themselves to be greedy mercenary twats.
They bought all of the FE colleges in South Worcestershire (Malvern, Pershore and Evesham) with promises that they would maintain the educational offering. Four years on, and whaddya know? They are downsizing the teaching programme at Evesham (including scrapping all of the adult evening classes) and Malvern Hills College is closing. So 16-18 year olds who want to do vocational courses (BTEC, City & Guilds, etc) and anyone who wants to do an evening class now have to go either to Pershore or Worcester. It's despicable.

The Chief Exec is a nightmare, the overall impression is she cares very little for the College. She's from Peterborough so no local interest. If I recall correctly there was excess left in the budget after her first year so she gave herself a whopping pay rise as it being a charity they had to allocate the money somewhere.
No wonder she gets on so well with that bell end from wasps who is on their board.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Sadly, the Registrar of the University of Warwick (my employer) is also a governor of WCG. Shame, as i have quite a lot of respect for her in other areas.

Grendel

Liquid Gold

It’s valued at that but is there any chance of financing against that as surely any lender will realise that if Wasps were to go bust there is absolutely no chance of a lease sale generating £70m. This is a genuine question.

Grendel

It’s valued at that but is there any chance of financing against that as surely any lender will realise that if Wasps were to go bust there is absolutely no chance of a lease sale generating £70m. This is a genuine question.

Well in truth the company that owns the lease is not that loss making in the last pre Covid year. Also ironically with the football club back they have a home town tenant.

Wasps RFC going bust and the company that owns the share of the lease I assume are two different things

Grendel

Given regulation nowadays, it is very difficult to merely release funding against security with no demonstrable ability to repay the funding taken.

I think they will get refinancing there shouldn’t be that much of an issue paying it even if it’s a longer term funding arrangement

duffer

WCG are by no means blameless and are showing themselves to be greedy mercenary twats.
They bought all of the FE colleges in South Worcestershire (Malvern, Pershore and Evesham) with promises that they would maintain the educational offering. Four years on, and whaddya know? They are downsizing the teaching programme at Evesham (including scrapping all of the adult evening classes) and Malvern Hills College is closing. So 16-18 year olds who want to do vocational courses (BTEC, City & Guilds, etc) and anyone who wants to do an evening class now have to go either to Pershore or Worcester. It's despicable.

Agreed. Maybe it's something to do with having a Wasps executive on the board...

SBAndy

That can’t be real, surely. What a Mickey Mouse outfit….which incidentally was the 2nd best prize in the giveaway.

AOM

It's just a joke based on Lynx Africa being a famously bad Christmas present.
Not a great joke though...

buzz-killington-at-your-service.jpg

CCFC54321

The crime rate in Coventry would be almost non existent if the local judges started dishing out punishment etc to local toe rags by forcing them to watch London wasps for a season. I know I’d never return to crime if I was handed such a severe punishment.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

oldfiver

Varies. Around 4k normally. Could be more, could be fewer. I have my seat, so never mind the rest of 'em.

Kneeza

That's the first time I've ever seen a capacity quoted. Not sure it'll be as many as that tomorrow though, tbh.

Grendel

Poor old Nick

Users who are viewing this thread