Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Blue Harry H

Also, I thought that just in the interests of being diplomatic CCFC would have commented on todays news

The fact they haven’t probably shows how rocky the relationship was

Sorted for you

skybluetony176

Also, I thought that just in the interests of being diplomatic CCFC would have commented on todays news

The fact they haven’t probably shows how rocky the relationship was
I’m thinking the fact that we haven’t commentated means our owners aren’t stirring the pot which in actual fact could mean something is happening behind the scenes. Historically SISU only seem to say something when they want to pretend they’re doing something. When they are doing something they stay quiet about it.

NortonSkyBlue

They showed no sympathy when our staff were put out of work when they forced us to play in Birmingham.
I’m thinking the fact that we haven’t commentated means our owners aren’t stirring the pot which in actual fact could mean something is happening behind the scenes. Historically SISU only seem to say something when they want to pretend they’re doing something. When they are doing something they stay quiet about it.
Or it could be a double bluff. They might be just not in the market for a stadium or a sale.

OyJimmy

SISU should consider the option of buying Wasps by offering Wasps Creditors shares in the Club and some cash (if feasible). By unifying the two companies they take one party out of the equation when trying to take control of the stadium.

ACL don’t need Coventry City to survive. But they wouldn’t want to lose Wasps and Cov… Strength in numbers

CCFCSteve

Fully expecting the usual transparent comment about us continuing with our neverending plans to build a new stadium

If not, you could be right

OyJimmy

Also if Wasps and CCFC belonged to one holding company then a third party might be prepared to by both ACL and the new Holding Co. As it stands it’s hard to deal with so many people

Terry_dactyl

I for one am particularly upset about the pain inside Laurence Dellagio’s heart. Poor old Laurence Dellagio. He says he’s not good company to be with because he’s so, so sad.
If anyone deserves a nations sympathy it is him…he’s an absolute ledge.

If anyone has any heartbreaking tales of woe from James Haskell please do not post them on here. I’m afraid it would be too much for me.

Gynnsthetonic

I'm trying to convince myself the same, you would of thought stuff going on, when the council did sell to Wasp, Sisu seemed to panic and were making statements left right and centre

Gynnsthetonic

Also if Wasps and CCFC belonged to one holding company then a third party might be prepared to by both ACL and the new Holding Co. As it stands it’s hard to deal with so many people
Wasp have finished mate, there gone, caput, won't be coming back.
giphy.gif

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

SISU should consider the option of buying Wasps by offering Wasps Creditors shares in the Club and some cash (if feasible). By unifying the two companies they take one party out of the equation when trying to take control of the stadium.

ACL don’t need Coventry City to survive. But they wouldn’t want to lose Wasps and Cov… Strength in numbers
How’s it going Mr Richardson

TomRad85

This is what they've supposedly been waiting for patiently for years now. You'd have to think something is going on... hopefully in the form of a brand new owner for club and stadium.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I for one am particularly upset about the pain inside Laurence Dellagio’s heart. Poor old Laurence Dellagio. He says he’s not good company to be with because he’s so, so sad.

If anyone has any heartbreaking tales of woe from James Haskell please do not post them on here. I’m afraid it would be too much for me.

I thought he said the finance was in great condition.

Surely as director he would have known this was happening for years?

oldfiver

Question would be, how do you value a lease where the leaseholder has gone broke? Yes the arena may have other smaller areas of income stream, but not enough to sustain it as a going concern without the football clubs being there. You can't add value becuase you have a tenant in CCFC who could end their tenancy at any time. So value would be nominal at best, which is why the council would surely step in and nulify the lease under agreement, and then remarket the lease, or even offer the freehold perhaps?

Not a valuer but I assume you start with the net income if the property fully tenanted and income producing

Then establish how long it will take to reach that target.

Then apply current investment multiples etc

WASPS inflated the value of the stadium to allow for their gates of 20,000+ and applied over say 250 years (among other things). Take that away with no obvious replacement and ...

Otis

Maybe we could start a book of condolence. Candlelit vigil?

MalcSB

Absolutely not!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
They're like a bloke in the pub saying 'I'm going to punch you now', never happens. It's the 'no announcement, bang and you're on the deck' ones you've got to be wary of!

Having said that I'll be absolutely flabbergasted if SISU even bid.

Nick

Administrator
Surely it's not as straight forward as somebody buying anything just yet?

ACL2006 will need to go into admin first and then see what happens whether the lease is reduced back to 50 years and to the council or if the administrator sells it to pay the bondholders back.

SHUNT31

Surely it's not as straight forward as somebody buying anything just yet?

ACL2006 will need to go into admin first and then see what happens whether the lease is reduced back to 50 years and to the council or if the administrator sells it to pay the bondholders back.

I think if ACL go into admin the council will be forced to revoke the lease. If that happens, would the administrator be able to sell the lease? Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Illogical

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

duffer

Interesting time to join the forum, eh. Edit: Apologies, should have said join the conversation, apparently you've been here for a while. Think you've mis-read the room a bit though.

Anyhow, if you've been following the news, Wasps already are out of the equation.

(Also, perhaps read thread from start if you're a bit confused about CCFC fans opinions regarding Wasps.)

HTH. Bye. 😁

Last edited:

Grendel

Interesting time to join the forum, eh.

Anyhow, if you've been following the news, Wasps already are out of the equation.

(Also, perhaps read thread from start if you're a bit confused about CCFC fans opinions regarding Wasps.)

HTH. Bye. 😁

he first posted in 2013

Brighton Sky Blue

They're like a bloke in the pub saying 'I'm going to punch you now', never happens. It's the 'no announcement, bang and you're on the deck' ones you've got to be wary of!

Having said that I'll be absolutely flabbergasted if SISU even bid.

I think Seppala is locked in a drinking contest with Ashley in the Tavern. First one to chunder into a fireplace loses

skybluetony176

Or it could be a double bluff. They might be just not in the market for a stadium or a sale.
Or what’s going on behind the scenes is bigger than SISU?

Obviously I have no idea what is going on but my observation based on history is when they have a fantasy to sell you can’t shut them up, when something is actually going on behind the scenes they tend to be quite until there’s actually something tangible to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread