Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve cooper

I'm still of the opinion it will be Ashley.
According to Sky, NEC put in a bid for the arena nearly a month ago. I wouldn't be surprised, assuming it's true, if Ashley knows how much NEC are prepared to pay for it.
And if it isn't true, it would just be an example how easily inaccurate information can spread, even from a national news broadcaster.

Gynnsthetonic

Could Ashley and NEC not go into this as co owners or some kind of partnership, NEC running the arena side of things whilst Ashley the football side 🤷just a thought

Nick

Administrator
Maybe they leverage the buyout on ACL and then become a creditor with more ability to control the bidding.

I don't know I'm just trying to work it out.

Yeah it's probably just one for the people who know more but there must be a huge benefit to taking on all of the debt as opposed to letting it go into admin and then making a bid on the good bits?

Reeves and the Council are going to want to keep it out of admin as well aren't they?

Greggs

Oh well boys , say your prayers because for me NEC owning this stadium is not any good for ccfc and its future
You're usually pretty level headed, i've seen a different side to you these last couple of days!

Liquid Gold

Yeah it's probably just one for the people who know more but there must be a huge benefit to taking on all of the debt as opposed to letting it go into admin and then making a bid on the good bits?

Reeves and the Council are going to want to keep it out of admin as well aren't they?
I don't think the council get properly involved unless it's liquidation.

They will have to approve transfer of the lease but I doubt they'll object to any of the mentioned bids.

Evo1883

You're usually pretty level headed, i've seen a different side to you these last couple of days!

giphy.gif

Skyblue_CP

Great. NEC ownership and SISU gaslighting us about a new stadium for the next 15 years whilst we teeter between the Championship and L1/2 playing at ST Andrews every other season. Oh goodie.

Saddlebrains

There is of course one scenario in which we can be fucked with Ashley aswell

The bid ISNT for the club aswell, its just the stadium

Of course then he holds the cards for getting the club which of course he would want.

But we know just how much our owners don't play ball

So i think another horrendous ending to this for us would be Ashley owning the stadium, SISU owning us.

2 people well known for distressing others and playing the long game.

We would be the in same boat as we have been for the last 15 years

wingy

NEC we’d be in the same boat, I can’t see them kicking us out because why would they? They aren’t going to use a stadium bowl for concerts other than for 3 months a year really - But they may be happy to have wasps in their new form back

Why would Ashley bid for a stadium with no intention of taking the club on unless he wants to just turn the place into one of his massive Sports Direct sweatshops

It would appear SISU have again gambled on taking ACL out of admin and their strategy has backfired again

what a clusterfuck of a situation
It is a curve ball that administration hasn't happened

Under the suggested scenario of him skipping away with funds you'd expect some investigation/litigation from bondholders.

Evo1883

Question

Could Mike ashley take on the debt and spread it over several of his companies ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course then he holds the cards for getting the club which of course he would want.

So i think another horrendous ending to this for us would be Ashley owning the stadium, SISU owning us.

I don't see why he wouldn't want to take on the club as well, it's another chance to make more money. Buy the club for whatever SISU ask for, get it into the top flight then name your price for the combination of a PL club and stadium complex.

Greggs

Beginning to look a bit 'Billy Gilmour' mate......

Gynnsthetonic

Just cannot see Ashley not wanting the club if he has the stadium, he may well have purchased it on on proviso of getting the ground

Nick

Administrator
I don't see why he wouldn't want to take on the club as well, it's another chance to make more money. Buy the club for whatever SISU ask for, get it into the top flight then name your price for the combination of a PL club and stadium complex.

The only rumoured talks he has had to buy a club is with Wasps isn't it?

rexo87

Biggest curveball is admin hasn't happened.

No one saw that coming, even the council apparently

I don’t understand how it hasn’t happened. It was due to be yesterday and still no NOI. So legally surely it has to be in admin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t understand how it hasn’t happened. It was due to be yesterday and still no NOI. So legally surely it has to be in admin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not if a deal is imminent and CCFC have put in enough funds to keep it going

Grendel

The only rumoured talks he has had to buy a club is with Wasps isn't it?

No he's been given a lot of the information on the stadium and the issue will be if he can make a pre admin offer to suit all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread