Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Well Mike Ashley has been named preferential buyer, so terms have been agreed I assume other interested parties have to better those terms and satisfy the administrator a business plan going forward.
This has gone almost exactly how my very good itk said it would weeks ago, Wasps gone, stadium sorted, so I’m just waiting for the biggee for me number three and enjoy the happy Christmas he predicted.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Well Mike Ashley has been named preferential buyer, so terms have been agreed I assume other interested parties have to better those terms and satisfy the administrator a business plan going forward.
This has gone almost exactly how my very good itk said it would weeks ago, Wasps gone, stadium sorted, so I’m just waiting for the biggee for me number three and enjoy the happy Christmas he predicted.
Doesn’t preferred bidder just give exclusive access to the books. So whilst his offer is good it isn’t set in stone

slowpoke

Doesn’t preferred bidder just give exclusive access to the books. So whilst his offer is good it isn’t set in stone
I’m not sure how it works to be honest some on here might, but you are right saying it isn’t set in stone. The preferred bidder in that on going Derby saga didn’t get it, neither did Mike Ashley.
The plus point for me is the ball is rolling.

Brighton Sky Blue

1667899792130.jpeg

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

As in open for creditors to liquidate them ? As cant just open up bidding again as otherwise you could keep playing the same game.
No it opens it up for other bidders to come forward - the company is in administration at the moment. The way I understand it is - Ashley had made a conditional offer that is acceptable, he’s now got a time frame to complete the deal

same as Kirchner at Derby

ACL currently has funding it can remain in admin until it runs out

torchomatic

Oh no, not more bloody chocolate talk. I've had enough. I am off to watch Guardians of the Galaxy after I have taken my Yorkie for a walk.

Hope that doesn't cause any sort of Ripple on here. 🙄

There's always one Drifter who goes off thread.

Alkhen

"we tried to buy the stadium but were blocked from doing so"
To be fair if this goes down they would have a point. I have no love for SISU but it does appear that CCC holding grudges has scuppered any chance they would have had to even make a bid... For the second time

NorthernWisdom

To be fair if this goes down they would have a point. I have no love for SISU but it does appear that CCC holding grudges has scuppered any chance they would have had to even make a bid... For the second time
Ultimately though the administrator will want the best deal - so Ashley has clearly come in with a deal that's considered more than acceptable.

Others could have done that, it's not like he's Mystic Mike who somehow can predict this happening and get his ducks lined up... unlike the owners of one of the stadium's tenants, who'd have no clue anything was wrong until it all came falling down!

False9

Didn't Gilbert state they weren't intiially interested and there were 2 bidders.

If Sisu had to sell Hyam to pay for some grass temporarily, it says a lot about their finances. Can't see where 20m for the arena comes from.

RegTheDonk

An "eight figure sum" would start at £10M which I'd expect would spread pretty thin for the bondholders/creditors. I'd think even SISU and whatever American investor they had in mind would surely trump that. Would we assume it's much more than that as does not the administrator have to get the best deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread