Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyblu3sk

I'm not partying about any business going under but this seems like a given at this point. Fuck the owners I do feel a bit sorry for the bondholders and any other creditors. Ccfc have been kicked around and treated like shit. I hope this is our time.

chiefdave

The thing is, people like Bobby Bridge have just copy and pasted straight from Wasps PR team for months / years so people haven't realised how fucked they actually are / were.

Even up to about 3 or 4 months ago people thought that everything other than the Rugby was bringing in shit loads of profit and everything was fine.
not to mention when any of our fans pointed out the numbers didn't stack up they were called clueless idiots.

zuni

I cant forgive their fans lapping up the misery’s inflicted on our club, where friends have fallen out over the politics, that fans passed away without seeing their club back in its rightful place, the gloating and piss taking such as sticking wasps flags in jimmys statue, their view that we are scum under the boots of their awesomeness, the fucking up of our season start…not everything is solely their fault but they have played a massive part…now it’s hopefully their turn and I hope it fucking hurts

NortonSkyBlue

I had no axe to grind with Wasps until the Birmingham move and then wonderEd how much was down to the intransigence of our owners. Wasps are a massive brand in the Rugby world and their fall has been horrific but predictable and yet...it could have all been so different for both parties. They both took each other down a cul de sac and both paid a heavy price and it looks like Wasps will not survive in this present form.
I don’t think for one moment that we should gloat at Wasps demise nor do I believe our immediate future is secure with what has happened, in fact we could be collateral damage.

Philosorapter

I really don't know if the ground being Heineken free is going to be looked on as a negative or not.

I wouldn't usually link anything to do with the mail, but in this case, I will make an exception.

Last edited:

GIMOC

I really don't know if the ground being Heineken free is going to be looked on as a negative or not.

I wouldn't usually link anything to do with the mail, but in this case, I will make an exception.

i genuinely believe the Sheffield Utd game could be in jeopardy. If wasps go into admin next week and staff haven’t been paid. They won’t be turning up for work etc…

jordan210

Isn’t Heineken a sponsor of the CBS so that’s pretty embarrassing that a sponsor has removed product

jordan210

It won't be actual Heineken it will be a local supplier, surely?

Although it will be embarrassing that the name is being used.

I’d expect it to be a wholesaler/supplier so would expect them to pull any other products they supply the CBS.

But doesn’t look good for Heineken.

I guess that’s how someone got confused as said Carling. Heard it was beer being removed and just said a brand

Nick

Administrator
Stewards, bar staff, ground staff etc. All paid by ACL either directly or indirectly

Yeah there will be some, there will be others who are employed by the caterers etc.

I think if the caterers pull out, the game will still go on. It will be ground staff / stewards (I think CCFC pay a lot of them?) and then the safety staff etc.

Nick

Administrator
I do like how Wasps fans are going on about "Rugby Family" and suddenly wondering why people are glad Wasps are fucked.

They don't realise that they were effectively cheating too, which is why other Rugby fans don't like them.

chiefdave

Stewards, bar staff, ground staff etc. All paid by ACL either directly or indirectly
Who manages the stewards, we could agree to pay them directly although that would be more money we'd never see back from Wasps. Catering is outsourced isn't it so not paid directly by Wasps / ACL and in any case a game can go ahead without the bar being open.

Which staff are actually vital to stage a game and paid by a company in the Wasps group? The bigger issue with be if the ground is locked up and we're in the gap before an administrator takes over and keeps things running.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I do like how Wasps fans are going on about "Rugby Family" and suddenly wondering why people are glad Wasps are fucked.

They don't realise that they were effectively cheating too, which is why other Rugby fans don't like them.
On top of the idea that they don’t want Ashley as they’ll “just be along for the ride” pretty sure they told us we should be grateful and being a secondary tenant won’t affect them too much

tisza

Billy big booted it when they moved.
Other clubs fans thought they had betrayed their fan base anyway. Same thing happened to mk Dons at the start.

Otis

I’d expect it to be a wholesaler/supplier so would expect them to pull any other products they supply the CBS.

But doesn’t look good for Heineken.

I guess that’s how someone got confused as said Carling. Heard it was beer being removed and just said a brand
Yep, if it's rugby, it has to be Carling.

willcarling2_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqtQHinCGUHYgAj9jcjv0eYStVkAeMM7PKlzMNDpuglmU.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Got to be taking the piss haven’t they? Why the hell would we support them?

they really are oblivious to their effect on us aren’t they
View attachment 26505

The thing is, they just want everybody to tell them "It's fine". They think the Cov Telegraph are making them hard done by. I couldn't think of a softer ride.

You are right though, why the fuck would CCFC support them? The club has already paid for the fucking pitch.

mds

Not bothered one way or the other regards Wasps demise just interested where the CBS lands.
For the football club, yep, the stadium is most important whichever way it goes!
Wasps Rugby, they can fuck right off, I have zero sympathy for them or their gloating fans.
CRFU if nothing else is enough justification for them not being here, cheating their fans and investors, shitting on the City, the sooner they are gone the better.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
"It's everyone else's fault but ours" they need to have a word with the people of Henley as to what wasps means to them (and tbf the people of Coventry who were displaced for this sham)

Again, this comes down to local media coverage and what they have been conditioned to think. For the last couple of years Bobby Bridge has just copied and pasted what he's told and said "He doesn't cover the business side" but reeled out the "everything is fine" statements whenever asked. He hasn't investigated anything to see how fucked Wasps truly were.

A lot of them thought nobody in Henley was bothered and it was all SISU. They assumed that offering a few free tickets was a nice gesture.

They genuinely seem to be deluded and miles away from the actual reality.

mr_monkey

Again, this comes down to local media coverage and what they have been conditioned to think. For the last couple of years Bobby Bridge has just copied and pasted what he's told and said "He doesn't cover the business side" but reeled out the "everything is fine" statements whenever asked. He hasn't investigated anything to see how fucked Wasps truly were.

A lot of them thought nobody in Henley was bothered and it was all SISU. They assumed that offering a few free tickets was a nice gesture.

They genuinely seem to be deluded and miles away from the actual reality.

Couldn't agree more, I actually do feel sorry for the original wasps fans who saw their club ripped away from them but hopefully now this will means it will be returned to them

Also really looking forward to the game at the butts next season 😂

fernandopartridge

i genuinely believe the Sheffield Utd game could be in jeopardy. If wasps go into admin next week and staff haven’t been paid. They won’t be turning up for work etc…

Wasps don't employ them directly though do they? it's via IEC experience and they are not under notice of administration

Nick

Administrator
Wasps don't employ them directly though do they? it's via IEC experience and they are not under notice of administration

Yeah, it's only going to be the actual Wasps / ACL staff which I assume will employ safety people that are probably needed for the game to be on.

Although if they do go into Admin, you would think the administrator would push for events to still be on so money comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread