Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Blue Pete

I think Gilbert might be putting two and two together and coming up with five.

The council will have to be fully in the loop on the sale of the long lease, as freeholder. Also as they would be receiving commercially sensitive information with regards to the sale, they would’ve been asked to sign a NDA

That doesn’t mean they’re influencing/heavily involved in the sale process

ps I also don’t believe for a second SISU wouldn’t have been aware of the sale process and deadlines before any preferred bidder status was granted.
I’m pretty sure reeves has been massively involved

MalcSB

Why are Ashley’s team supposedly physically at the stadium doing “due diligence”, given that the vast majority of such an exercise is paper based? The only reason I can think of is checking the condition of the stadium given the concerns about significant dilapidations to be remedied. Still not a done deal - “many a slip between cup and lip”.

Fergusons_Beard

Honestly cannot see SISU getting bullied by Ashley if he gets the stadium.

SISU will just walk if rent goes up dramatically as they have already done.

Ashley will be acutely aware that without the football team the stadium is at best a decent venue for gigs etc.

Stadium definitely needs the football club to turn a profit.

Unless anyone else can prove otherwise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NorthernWisdom

I think Gilbert might be putting two and two together and coming up with five.

The council will have to be fully in the loop on the sale of the long lease, as freeholder. Also as they would be receiving commercially sensitive information with regards to the sale, they would’ve been asked to sign a NDA

That doesn’t mean they’re influencing/heavily involved in the sale process

ps I also don’t believe for a second SISU wouldn’t have been aware of the sale process and deadlines before any preferred bidder status was granted.
At the end of the day, unless they're a major creditor, they'd have little to no say, surely?

Grendel

You said they didn’t bid and wouldn’t be

They bid for the Higgs share of the stadium when wasps had agreed a deal even when in administration - so what

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

They bid for the Higgs share of the stadium when wasps had agreed a deal even when in administration - so what
It’s alright - Petes got me - I said they hadn’t bid before… clearly SISU have been screwed here

giphy.gif

TomRad85

In a roundabout way, if the club ends up with Ashley the council have done us a favour, inadvertently of course. Let us not overlook that these cunts have fully made an active effort to fuck the club AGAIN though. Fucking slimy pricks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Colin Steins Smile

Honestly cannot see SISU getting bullied by Ashley if he gets the stadium.

SISU will just walk if rent goes up dramatically as they have already done.

Ashley will be acutely aware that without the football team the stadium is at best a decent venue for gigs etc.

Stadium definitely needs the football club to turn a profit.

Unless anyone else can prove otherwise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree that SISU will be very awkward to do any deal with. However, I think the EFL will not allow the club to be moved again, which eliminates that tactic for SISU.
The only options then left for SISU is to sell any player they can to recoup money, then liquidate or sell what's left of the club.

slowpoke

I agree that SISU will be very awkward to do any deal with. However, I think the EFL will not allow the club to be moved again, which eliminates that tactic for SISU.
The only options then left for SISU is to sell any player they can to recoup money, then liquidate or sell what's left of the club.
But they can only sell players who agree to go.

Colin Steins Smile

But they can only sell players who agree to go.
If they do a fire sale and under value the players, then the buying club could offer an enhanced salary playing for a club that's not distressed.....then what player would turn that down? That sounds just like the scenario with Hyam??

rexo87

Gilbert also adamant Ashley and sisu have had no contact, which is probably correct if Sisu have made a play this week for the stadium

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Why are Ashley’s team supposedly physically at the stadium doing “due diligence”, given that the vast majority of such an exercise is paper based? The only reason I can think of is checking the condition of the stadium given the concerns about significant dilapidations to be remedied. Still not a done deal - “many a slip between cup and lip”.

I would imagine getting his own estimate of repair costs

Brighton Sky Blue

In a roundabout way, if the club ends up with Ashley the council have done us a favour, inadvertently of course. Let us not overlook that these cunts have fully made an active effort to fuck the club AGAIN though. Fucking slimy pricks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

They think we would prefer SISU to own the ground and the club, instead of a multi billionaire?

shepardo01

It appears they were blocked from bidding due to a standard period of exclusivity that’s in place when a preferred bidder is in place. clearly they haven’t got a fucking clue what they’re doing
Or they didn't have a clue what CCC were doing behind their backs (again) while pretending to be all nicey nicey "helping" to get games on...
Stinks from CCC.... again...

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Or they didn't have a clue what CCC were doing behind their backs (again) while pretending to be all nicey nicey "helping" to get games on...
Stinks from CCC.... again...
We knew that NEC and Mike Ashley were interested, that should set alarm bells ringing. Didn’t NEC originally make a bid?

CCC May have been getting Ashley in, but ultimately it’s about getting the best deal for the creditors - SISU have played on the only show in town again and lost… again

I’m pissed at the council for 2014 still. But this one’s on SISU

CCFCSteve

At the end of the day, unless they're a major creditor, they'd have little to no say, surely?

That’s my view. The administrators main obligation is to the company’s creditors. Don’t get me wrong if there were two offers exactly the same and Council said as freeholder ‘go for that one’ fair enough but I can’t see the Council overriding the administrators main duty which in this case is to achieve the best return to creditors

That’s not to say they aren’t fully in the loop as I mentioned, but unless they have additional powers in the lease and/or threatened to forfeit* I can’t see how they would’ve influenced the bidding process

*they also know how litigious SISU are so this would be crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread