Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatso

Only if Gyo or anyone else agree to go, sisu are stuck between a rock and a hard place, if they are desperate for transfer money.
Why would Gyo refuse to go?
Think about it, if a premier league club were to offer £10 million + just imagine what the signing on fee and wages would be. Not to mention the exposure he'd get and the chance for more international caps.

The same goes for Hamer, O'hare, Sheaf and anyone else that could command any kind of fee.

robbiethemole

All I want if Ashley takes over, is Joy and Fisher and all the other fuckwits, on the pitch making us a public apology for all the years of bollocks and shit they've put us through. He should put a clause in any sale to that end.

shmmeee

It's not moot if the Council actively sought to scupper a possible competing bid is it? Whether SISU could have pulled it off or not is irrelevant, it's appalling conduct if it happened.

The council may well not like SISU, not many of us do either, but that doesn't give them the right to actively and secretly act against them or indeed any other company involved.

Again, I'm not saying it did happen, but there are very strong echoes of the secret sale to Wasps here, so I wouldn't exactly put it past them.

Hmmm. I’m both cases Sisu could bid publicly and garnered support. In both cases they chose not to. I really don’t see how that’s anyone else’s fault.

The council can’t promise anything that wouldn’t get past a vote, I just don’t see it. Just more Schrödinger’s Council who are behind everything that people are upset about.

fatso

All I want if Ashley takes over, is Joy and Fisher and all the other fuckwits, on the pitch making us a public apology for all the years of bollocks and shit they've put us through. He should put a clause in any sale to that end.
Ironically, without the "fuckwits" we'd of been out of business years ago. They kept the club afloat when no one else was willing to, and they've pumped money in regularly to ensure we stay solvent.

2 promotions, 2 Wembley victories, and continued support for MR who is now the 3rd longest serving manager in the top 2 divisions.

Sure, they've made some monumental fuck ups along the way, but I think you'll find we are in a better position now than when they took over.

So be careful what you wish for! Although it appears Sisu may be ready to sell, my Newcastle supporting mate thinks Mike Ashley is a complete wanker.

shmmeee

Ironically, without the "fuckwits" we'd of been out of business years ago. They kept the club afloat when no one else was willing to, and they've pumped money in regularly to ensure we stay solvent.

2 promotions, 2 Wembley victories, and continued support for MR who is now the 3rd longest serving manager in the top 2 divisions.

Sure, they've made some monumental fuck ups along the way, but I think you'll find we are in a better position now than when they took over.

So be careful what you wish for! Although it appears Sisu may be ready to sell, my Newcastle supporting mate thinks Mike Ashley is a complete wanker.

What continued support? We’re back where they found us after a decade in the wilderness. They’re “entitled” to fuck off quietly and let someone else have a go. Sick of it TBH.

fatso

What continued support? We’re back where they found us after a decade in the wilderness. They’re “entitled” to fuck off quietly and let someone else have a go. Sick of it TBH.
When they took over we were a team very much on the slide, we are now very much on the up.
Yes its taken far too long, and it looks like they've taken us as far as they can, but now we have a party (or parties) interested in taking over, which wasn't the case when we were facing liquidation!

Brighton Sky Blue

Where to start with this, seriously

shmmeee

When they took over we were a team very much on the slide, we are now very much on the up.
Yes its taken far too long, and it looks like they've taken us as far as they can, but now we have a party (or parties) interested in taking over, which wasn't the case when we were facing liquidation!

No we weren’t. We are where we were 15 years ago (exactly! We were 12th when they took us over) and as you say they can’t take us further so clearly not “on the up” are we so much as at the peak.

In the mean time we’ve pissed everyone off and lost any security of tenure let alone stake in the ground and even the debt is as big as ever.

Absolute chuckle fucks who have been saved by a very very lucky managerial team appointment.

Reactions: KAB

fatso

No we weren’t. We are where we were 15 years ago and as you say they can’t take us further so clearly not “on the up” are we so much as at the peak.

In the mean time we’ve pissed everyone off and lost any security of tenure let alone stake in the ground and even the debt is as big as ever.

Absolute chuckle fucks who have been saved by a very very lucking managerial team appointment.
The point your missing is that we are still alive 15 years after we were looking at liquidation. As ive said, We all know about the fuck ups along the way, but without Sisu we would of gone out of the football league.

NortonSkyBlue

Agree with some of your sentiment regarding be careful what you wish for but what has your mate got to do with it? Ashley maybe a wanker, he left Newcastle in the hands of some of the richest people on the planet.
I know Ashley isn’t popular in Newcastle because of the perceived lack of investment but Jolinton, Almiron, Wilson were bought for lots of money, his money.
I suspect that SISU will be ushered out of town but in time we can reflect that Robins and the team were products of this era.

fatso

Agree with some of your sentiment regarding be careful what you wish for but what has your mate got to do with it? Ashley maybe a wanker, he left Newcastle in the hands of some of the richest people on the planet.
I know Ashley isn’t popular in Newcastle because of the perceived lack of investment but Jolinton, Almiron, Wilson were bought for lots of money, his money.
I suspect that SISU will be ushered out of town but in time we can reflect that Robins and the team were products of this era.
I agree, but for some dicks on here Sisu are the antichrist, they seem to forget where we were when they took over, and they forget who kept us afloat financially at Northampton and Birmingham!

I'm no fan of Sisu, and you could talk all day about their mistakes and the unlawful breaking of a legally binding tenancy agreement in order to distress ACL etc etc

But the only thing that stopped us ending up like Bury, is Sisu.

shmmeee

I agree, but for some dicks on here Sisu are the antichrist, they seem to forget where we were when they took over, and they forget who kept us afloat financially at Northampton and Birmingham!

I'm no fan of Sisu, and you could talk all day about their mistakes and the unlawful breaking of a legally binding tenancy agreement in order to distress ACL etc etc

“You seem to forget the captain of the Titanic saved your life by providing lifeboats after he hit that iceberg!”

wingy

Have to absolutely disagree that they kept us alive in Northampton .
Although they said they'd fund it was the club, the manager and player sales that paid for it.

Travs

15 years ago we were a club massively on the slide. Was inevitable we'd end up in League One at some point. Yes League Two was unacceptable really....

But whilst we haven't progressed anywhere in terms of league position, the ship has been turned around and we are now a club looking up rather than down.

People can make whatever argument they want as to whether what we've been through has been worthwhile or not (and can't really argue against anyone who says it has been too much).... but regardless of that my view is we are in a better position than 15 years ago.

It’sabatch87

That’s a Rotten thing to say!!

fatso

Have to absolutely disagree that they kept us alive in Northampton .
Although they said they'd fund it was the club, the manager and player sales that paid for it.
We still made a loss, and selling players to keep afloat financially is what we've always done, it's what we still do.
We are in a league where clubs like Watford have players like Ismaila Sarr who cost £30 million.

Londonccfcfan

No we weren’t. We are where we were 15 years ago (exactly! We were 12th when they took us over) and as you say they can’t take us further so clearly not “on the up” are we so much as at the peak.

Absolute chuckle fucks who have been saved by a very very lucky managerial team appointment.
Not defending them...but at that time we were hemorrhaging £1M a month.
When they took us over wernt we?

fatso

Utter bollocks. We’d have gone into admin, wiped the debt, and been picked up like loads of clubs.
I think you'll find that loop hole had been closed by the time we went into administration. We couldn't wriggle out of our financial mess like Leicester did.

shmmeee

I think you'll find that loop hole had been closed by the time we went into administration. We couldn't wriggle out of our financial mess like Leicester did.

The lack of punishment had been, the admin process still existed.

We have a precedent Southampton turned down Sisu and didn’t die.

OyJimmy

I was always against SISU taking CCFC over. I thought it was good for Richardson but awful for the club. If a Mike Ashley had taken over then and written off some debt we’d have recovered much faster. I really blame Richardson for this mess

fatso

“You seem to forget the captain of the Titanic saved your life by providing lifeboats after he hit that iceberg!”
But Sisu wernt the ones who hit the iceberg, they are the ones who plucked you out of the icy water, then dropped you safely on dry land, while you screamed at the top of your voice that it wasn't the fucking Bahamas.

duffer

Hmmm. I’m both cases Sisu could bid publicly and garnered support. In both cases they chose not to. I really don’t see how that’s anyone else’s fault.

The council can’t promise anything that wouldn’t get past a vote, I just don’t see it. Just more Schrödinger’s Council who are behind everything that people are upset about.

I'm not upset, but I'm entirely skeptical. Only the extremely naive, with all due respect, would take what the council say at face value.

What you seem to saying is that it would be ok for the council to act against the club's owners, presumably because they're SISU. Or have I misunderstood you?

Also, it's patently obvious that not everything the council does goes to a vote. It's given right there in Boddy's statement that Reeves has been doing something behind the scenes. There's been no vote on that action has there. Similarly there was no vote when the Council was setting up the secret deal to sell to Wasps, or when they were planning the ACL bailout. The votes came much later.

Brighton Sky Blue

Have a go! Tell me what you don't agree with.

Hmmm well

1. We had 2 promotions because we had 2 relegations. Nearly a decade in the third tier and below, becoming basically a footballing irrelevance. Still a good chunk of our support sees us as a plucky underdog in a league where our crowds suggest we ought to aim high.

2. There was no continued support for MR. Most of the money Robins got to spend since he rejoined we owe to the Maddison and Wilson sales, and in fact during this time we know that SISU helped themselves to a few million.

I mean look at what happened this season. Refusal to provide even bridging finance to help with the pitch or cashflow issues that arose from it. We were forced to bung off a first choice player against the manager's wishes because the owners refused to put anything in to help. Simply put, he has worked a minor miracle to get us to our current league position and it's despite rather than because of his bosses.

3. Monumental fuck up would be an understatement. The failed plan to bust ACL which gift wrapped the stadium for Wasps for 8 years and saw us leave the city not once but twice, hitting our own revenues and making the manager's job harder. The deranged obsession with getting the ground for a minimal fee became the only endgame and when it finally arrived through Wasps' demise, they've been beaten to the punch anyway.

4. Mike Ashley put in £250 million just to buy Newcastle and clear its debts. Their net spend during his reign was some hefty 9 figure sum on top of that and he left them in an excellent financial position despite that.

As far as we're concerned it's about as good as we could realistically hope for.

shmmeee

I'm not upset, but I'm entirely skeptical. Only the extremely naive, with all due respect, would take what the council say at face value.

What you seem to saying is that it would be ok for the council to act against the club's owners, presumably because they're SISU. Or have I misunderstood you?

Also, it's patently obvious that not everything the council does goes to a vote. It's given right there in Boddy's statement that Reeves has been doing something behind the scenes. There's been no vote on that action has there. Similarly there was no vote when the Council was setting up the secret deal to sell to Wasps, or when they were planning the ACL bailout. The votes came much later.

You have misunderstood me. No one has actually made a rational accusation other than “they spoke to people who aren’t Sisu 😮 “. My point all along is Sisu have never done themselves any favours and in many cases shot themselves into the foot then blamed everyone but themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread