Wasps new stadium plan (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I don't know if their time spent co-habiting the arena with CCFC has led them to pick up some of the conditions afflicting CCFC under SISU

MAFF

The proposed complex, which is intended to be fully operational by 2027-28 would also include a hotel, conference facilities and community leisure opportunities

hahahahahaha

MAFF

Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Grendel

In the mean time they will play at the training ground. There’s no stands there are there?

clint van damme

chiefdave

A Wasps spokesperson issued the following statement to the Guardian: “The privileged and leaked document referred to in the article seeks to meet the objectives of future sustainable ownership. By definition that requires ownership of a ground to meet the requirements of ‘brand leverage revenues’.”
At least we know where Tim Fisher has ended up. To think of the amount of shit they gave us about a new stadium, despite the fact virtually none of our supporters thought it was going to happen, and now they come out with exactly the same shit

Nick

Administrator
The best thing is, from the leaked document it looks like a 12 year old made it. It's shocking.

Who on earth is going to invest?

jordan210

Return to the prem by 25/26. Well as 2023 they still have no stadium to play in and at this rate wont even play in the championship or what ever its called

Nuskyblue

bullshit karl GIF

The proposed complex, which is intended to be fully operational by 2027-28 would also include a hotel, conference facilities and community leisure opportunities

hahahahahaha

Joy Division

In the mean time they will play at the training ground. There’s no stands there are there?
There are no stands there but I'd assume that they'd try and add some temporary seating if this was the case. I'm not so sure the locals will be happy about that at all though.

CCFC54321

Not going to happen. This consortium will have limited funds hence they will be going to a bank etc.

Nobody with the revenue to be generated in rugby will touch them. Due diligence of the game and it’s financial mess and the risks associated with them obtaining a new generation of ‘supporters’ has to many risks. First question will he asked is how did you generate a fan base in one of the United Kingdom’s largest cities in Coventry… “we didn’t.” … “bye.”

Never get off the ground.

chiefdave

Whats the biggest place along the M40 corridor, Oxford? Can't see that being big enough to justify a 24,000 seater stadium and associated extras.
Isn't there some sort of issue at Oxford United's ground? Think I read something about them planning a move to a new ground. This all seems too coincidental with Reeves being there now

Surely it can't happen again and they play the 'we were going to build a new stadium but got an offer too good to turn down' card once more

Nuskyblue

Isn't there some sort of issue at Oxford United's ground? Think I read something about them planning a move to a new ground. This all seems too coincidental with Reeves being there now

Surely it can't happen again and they play the 'we were going to build a new stadium but got an offer too good to turn down' card once more
I was thinking that a team up with Oxford may be on the cards, iirc Oxford were or had secured the land for an 18k stadium. The Kassam is owned by a third party and is being re dev'd

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I cant remember any detail but im sure oxford have had longstanding issues over their ground (they dont own it im pretty sure) and were looking to build something new. Could well be that the two get linked but 24,000 still seems on the large side for the clubs potentially involved. Oxford are staring at relegation to League 2 i think?

duffer

I cant remember any detail but im sure oxford have had longstanding issues over their ground (they dont own it im pretty sure) and were looking to build something new. Could well be that the two get linked but 24,000 still seems on the large side for the clubs potentially involved. Oxford are staring at relegation to League 2 i think?

London Welsh tried Oxford, and it really didn't work out well for them. I can't see (London) Wasps doing much better.

I think the clue is somewhere in the teams' names, but I can't quite put my finger on it. 😄

Reactions: vow

oldfiver

London Welsh tried Oxford, and it really didn't work out well for them. I can't see (London) Wasps doing much better.

I think the clue is somewhere in the teams' names, but I can't quite put my finger on it. 😄

They ground shared Kassam and it cost them a fortune - also a terrible place to get in to

But if Martin Reeves gets involved again and their own stadiu,m ...................... who knows?

fernandopartridge

But the RFU want to consolidate the Championship now, ahead of a restructure of the top two divisions from 2024. Even so, a pilot documentary on the attempted revival, described by a Wasps source as “powerful stuff”, is being filmed by production company First5Media for possible distribution on an Amazon or Netflix platform.

Users who are viewing this thread