Wasps owner Derek Richardson explains Coventry move and rejects "franchise" tag (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I could have sworn people on here insisted that Wasps was owned by a hedge fund and told me I was wrong when I said Richardson owned Wasps. So is the thread title misleading?

No it's an investment portfolio fund that ultimately owns wasps which no one knows the shareholders composition of.

Great try though.

Grendel

it really really isn't.

Show me a link then to the shareholder composition of MGI Fiduciary or whatever they are called. Also show me a the composition of Moonstone Ltd the subsidiary.

While you are at it why not explain why Camango Ltd that was bought out by Wasps (holdings) and had one share in Richardsons name was a UK domicile company when in the interview you are referring to he just said the ownership structure is based in Malta for no real reason. Why is Moonstone there at all then? Is that not Moonstone Ltd -- a Florida based hedge fund.

You are in the know -- I am not -- I am sure you will provide a detailed explanation as to why this ownership structure exists if indeed one person owns it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

...... or something similar. Certainly a lot more required than they are doing at the moment.

Clearly the club shop and merchandise stand is running far below the standards that would be considered adequate.

But even if it was, it isn't enough, its like opening up a lemonade stand to allow you to put down a deposit on a house.

italiahorse

Clearly the club shop and merchandise stand is running far below the standards that would be considered adequate.

But even if it was, it isn't enough, its like opening up a lemonade stand to allow you to put down a deposit on a house.

Depends how much lemonade you sell.
Perhaps we could bottle it and sell it 365 days a year ?
Time to think outside the box

Intheknow

Show me a link then to the shareholder composition of MGI Fiduciary or whatever they are called. Also show me a the composition of Moonstone Ltd the subsidiary.

While you are at it why not explain why Camango Ltd that was bought out by Wasps (holdings) and had one share in Richardsons name was a UK domicile company when in the interview you are referring to he just said the ownership structure is based in Malta for no real reason. Why is Moonstone there at all then? Is that not Moonstone Ltd -- a Florida based hedge fund.

You are in the know -- I am not -- I am sure you will provide a detailed explanation as to why this ownership structure exists if indeed one person owns it.

If Canmango was acquired by Wasps Holdings, and if Wasps Holdings is owned by a Maltese company then....it is a Maltese ownership structure. Not too hard to understand.

italiahorse

But in the meantime assume it's a hedge fund

chiefdave

This is from memory but didn't it go something like Wasps owned by Canmango, Canmango owned by Moonstone, Moonstone owned by MGI Fiduciary with Richardson being a shareholder in MGI. Think both Moonstone an MGI were Malta based.

Sure everything is above board there. We all base our companies in Malta, where less details are available for scrutiny, don't we ;)

Grendel

If Sisu do eventually build a new sports stadium will it be owned by Coventry city football club

Even they wouldn't be that stupid -- wasps don't own ACL you know

Grendel

If Canmango was acquired by Wasps Holdings, and if Wasps Holdings is owned by a Maltese company then....it is a Maltese ownership structure. Not too hard to understand.

Ah you missed Moonstone out -- is it the Florida Hedge Fund or not? Serious question -- Wasps Holdings is a subsidiary of Moonstone Not MGI -- who are they?

Raggs

Wasps do own the ACL. Someone else then owns Wasps, and that someone else is owned by someone else etc etc, eventually at the top you have Richardson. Still not sure if MGI is a hedge fund though.

Intheknow

Ah you missed Moonstone out -- is it the Florida Hedge Fund or not? Serious question -- Wasps Holdings is a subsidiary of Moonstone Not MGI -- who are they?

You might need to spend some time understanding corporate structures before spouting rubbish.

Google suggests that MGI is a fiduciary company. The word fiduciary speaks volumes.

And where on earth did the Florida link come from.

chiefdave

The PR company need to up their game. Its taken them 2 days to tell intheknow what to post as a response to Grendel.

Grendel

You might need to spend some time understanding corporate structures before spouting rubbish.

Google suggests that MGI is a fiduciary company. The word fiduciary speaks volumes.

And where on earth did the Florida link come from.

Google suggests? That's not very in the know? I am constantly asking you who moonstone holdings are. Why will you not answer? There's a Florida based company and a Jersey one I can find - why so defensive? What's to hide. You are in the know so tell us who they are and why they are in the middle of Mgi and wasps holdings.

Also out of interest another major creditor of wasps holdings are Close Leasing Limited. Who are they and why do wasps holdings owe over £2 million to them? They also seem to owe half a million to their former owner.

Looking forward to an answer this time in the know.

skybluetony176

Google suggests? That's not very in the know? I am constantly asking you who moonstone holdings are. Why will you not answer? There's a Florida based company and a Jersey one I can find - why so defensive? What's to hide. You are in the know so tell us who they are and why they are in the middle of Mgi and wasps holdings.

Also out of interest another major creditor of wasps holdings are Close Leasing Limited. Who are they and why do wasps holdings owe over £2 million to them? They also seem to owe half a million to their former owner.

It really is odd that you're not interested in asking these sort of questions of our owners and their intricate web of companies. Are you sure you're not a Wasps fan?

Raggs

Taken from Rob Smiths blog (ex wasps coach).

"With regard to the financial set up of Wasps we simply do not know any or hardly any of the details. What we do know is Wasps RFC are the trading company, have bought the leasehold, most likely pay rent to CCC on the freehold, own 50% or 100% of ACL the operating company. Wasps are 100% owned by Canmango Ltd a holding Company registered in London, largest shareholder David Thorne. Canmango Ltd are 100% owned by Moonstone Ltd who shares are 100% owned by MGI Fiduciary Services in which Derek Richardson is the primary shareholder. Both Moonstone Ltd and MGI are Malta registered companies, so quite difficult to establish details.The funding for the purchase will have come down from these Companies and will be presented as loans in the Wasps accounts."

italiahorse

Taken from Rob Smiths blog (ex wasps coach).

"With regard to the financial set up of Wasps we simply do not know any or hardly any of the details. What we do know is Wasps RFC are the trading company, have bought the leasehold, most likely pay rent to CCC on the freehold, own 50% or 100% of ACL the operating company. Wasps are 100% owned by Canmango Ltd a holding Company registered in London, largest shareholder David Thorne. Canmango Ltd are 100% owned by Moonstone Ltd who shares are 100% owned by MGI Fiduciary Services in which Derek Richardson is the primary shareholder. Both Moonstone Ltd and MGI are Malta registered companies, so quite difficult to establish details.The funding for the purchase will have come down from these Companies and will be presented as loans in the Wasps accounts."

Interesting. I said all along that Wasps are paying rent on the Freehold. Still don't know but makes more sense.

Grendel

Interesting. I said all along that Wasps are paying rent on the Freehold. Still don't know but makes more sense.

Who says they are paying rent on the freehold? ACL didn'

italiahorse

.... but in the meantime continue your argument on the assumption it's a franchise :facepalm:
I know it's irritating for all of us that we don't know all the facts but why keep wasting hours of your life fighting everybody who explains alternative reasons ?

Grendel

Who says they aren't ?
The deal is unknown.

No we know the deal was heavily put in favour of wasps and we know that it was reported at the time £1 million was taken off the loan. It's a fairly good assumption that's the freehold. It will be a peppercorn freehold no doubt.

Grendel

.... but in the meantime continue your argument on the assumption it's a franchise :facepalm:
I know it's irritating for all of us that we don't know all the facts but why keep wasting hours of your life fighting everybody who explains alternative reasons ?

No one presents any alternate reasons do they?

Moonstone in Valletta exist but no record exists of any trading details or directors. You seem in love with them yet they hide in a veil of secrecy.

italiahorse

Who says they are paying rent on the freehold? ACL didn'

But they did. So how can you assume it changed?

1. ACL took a 50 year sublease of the Arena from CNR, with the option ofpaying a £1.9m per annum rent or a premium of £21m. In addition, “superrent” was payable, based on ACL’s net profit before tax, of 10% on profitsover £3.75m rising to 50% of profits over £7.75m.

Nick

Administrator

1. ACL took a 50 year sublease of the Arena from CNR, with the option ofpaying a £1.9m per annum rent or a premium of £21m. In addition, “superrent” was payable, based on ACL’s net profit before tax, of 10% on profitsover £3.75m rising to 50% of profits over £7.75m.
To start with the length had changed?

chiefdave

How many times have they paid the superrent?

stupot07

They never made profits of more than £1m, so never paid any super rent. Wasps will just move money around so they don't have to pay any super rent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread