Match Thread Watford (A) (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Would be the most City thing ever to win this.

Can’t see past a 3-1 though.

Sick Boy

I want to see us go for it. We are much better on the front foot. Watford are a physical slow side. We play quick passing football that we know and we could be looking at a win. If we sit back, let them press us high we will have no joy relying on the break.
Hard to call, but a reaction to the other night with a willingness to put things right should see us with 3 points.
Classic.

covmark

I want to see us go for it. We are much better on the front foot. Watford are a physical slow side. We play quick passing football that we know and we could be looking at a win. If we sit back, let them press us high we will have no joy relying on the break.
Hard to call, but a reaction to the other night with a willingness to put things right should see us with 3 points.
Dear me, you really are clueless. Have you even seen Watford play this season?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Magwitch

This will be an interesting fixture for me, last season we were well beaten 3-0 in the league cup-tie and a lot of their current team I’d think could be playing tomorrow be good to see if we are better this time.

SleepyGinger

Can’t make my mind up on this one, their second team absolutely Walked over us last year albeit we weren’t at full strength but then Wycombe got a point and deserved more by all accounts, if we play like we did second half on Wednesday I fancy us 2-1 W.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm struggling to maintain motivation for it, BCD on tv is just shit

It may be more of a case of behind closed fingers if we give them too much respect and go back into our shells after Wed allied to basic defensive errors.

Grendel

I think he still believes Graham Taylor is in charge

Paxman II

I think he still believes Graham Taylor is in charge

It's a game of opinions, and I'm entitled to mine. Lets have your prediction Grendel? Too shy to give any insight of your own? The problem on here as always is too many are negative about their own club, but when we get a good win (like reading) all the praise starts coming in. How about you just try hard to form an opinion that is thoughtful from your own perspective, instead of attacking anyone who dares to make a statement of what they believe. The other issue of course is many on here do not take the time to either read fully or even comprehend what is written in a post half the time. Taking stuff out of context is irratating.

Paxman II

I don't think anyone has have they other than TV highlights? Tell me about the Wayford team and what you expect from the game?

cc84cov

I don't think anyone has have they other than TV highlights? Tell me about the Wayford team and what you expect from the game?
Sure they’ve gotta player they give £40m for ? I might be wrong

Just looked they paid £40m for Sarr

Paxman II

Sure they’ve gotta player they give £40m for ? I might be wrong

Just looked they paid £40m for Sarr

So can I take that comment out of context then as you did not tell me what you expect from the game?
A 40m player makes them assured of beating us does it?

Esoterica

From the extended Robins interview: Hyam is back available. Dabo having another procedure so out, Shipley still out, Godden out (torn tendon in the bottom of his foot, hopefully back after the international break) and Walker a doubt with an injured gash.

Robins is always so frosty when he talks to Clive too. No love lost there.

cc84cov

From the extended Robins interview: Hyam is back available. Dabo having another procedure so out, Shipley still out, Godden out (torn tendon in the bottom of his foot, hopefully back after the international break) and Walker a doubt with an injured gash.

Robins is always so frosty when he talks to Clive too. No love lost there.
How wasn’t that a foul against forest keeper possible red card absolute joke

Esoterica

How wasn’t that a foul against forest keeper possible red card absolute joke
Honestly I didn't think it was that clear in real time who got the ball first, although there was clearly contact. Unfortunately the ref was barely in the same half and the ball moved in a direction that looked like Samba got there first. I think that's what saved him. Needed to be given by the linesman if it was going to be given, look at the ref's position and view from this screenshot:

1604673424081.png

cc84cov

Honestly I didn't think it was that clear in real time who got the ball first, although there was clearly contact. Unfortunately the ref was barely in the same half and the ball moved in a direction that looked like Samba got there first. I think that's what saved him. Needed to be given by the linesman if it was going to be given, look at the ref's position and view from this screenshot:

View attachment 17432
Studs raised regardless of who won it surely is a sending off the ref bottled it he clearly seen walkers gash also

Liquid Gold

View attachment 17432
I looked at the linesman when it happened as the ref probably did but he was just looking back at the ref waiting for his decision.

Seamus1

4-5-1 flood the midfield to hopefully stifle too much Watford creativity, then have o’Hare or Hamer pushing forward and hopefully picking up any knockdowns when we are in possession. It’s going to be a game where we won’t be able to play passing football, so hoof it up to Max and O’Hare or Hamer should just have a go from distance...might get lucky with one or two

In my opinion, Bakayoko always seems to be the type of player where you know what kind of game he will have within the first ten minutes of action. Might as well have him come off the bench to hopefully be a nuisance in the last ten minutes (like Charlton or Rangers performances), rather than start him and carry him for 50-60 minutes like his Gillingham performance...and most other appearances come to think of it.

Saddlebrains

Christ with all them injuries its gonna be difficult. But anyway i will be an optimist!

4 nil defeat and bottom of the league with results going against us

Users who are viewing this thread