We’ll finish top twelve (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Frankly given the money we have spent already I’d be very concerned allowing this management team to spend any more until it demonstrates some competency
Who would you entrust it to? Are you suggesting sacking MR, or insisting that (despite injuries) players must perform to a certain level. otherwise DK must sit on any funds until they do? That's ludicrous, either way, G.

Grendel

We’ve spend 20million quid. It’s hardly “storm the championship” money is it.

If we finished mid table and then got playoffs next year I’d say that’s a pretty good result given all of our signings are on longer term contracts.

Still, always the chance it won’t workout and robins will get fired and then you can say I told you so because you’ve called for his head every year so bound to be right at some point

We are the third biggest spenders - the figure does include the full Simms fee (we’d still be 4th) but so do all other clubs signings

Samo

We have had to move from a fairly average, over achieving squad with 2 star players and too many loans, to a good overall squad of largely our own players. The intent makes sense.
If we had signed 2 more, one being a potential Hamer replacement, I think you could say that would have been achieved.
I think the consensus is that there are still funds available, so let's get behind the team, allow some time for adjustment, and see what January brings.

Users who are viewing this thread