We are going down!!!!! (1 Viewer)

blueflint

cant see us anywhere but third bottom wont change in a hurry

Otis

The reason we finished 18th was because of Bothroyds tenure, nothing else.

So absolutely nothing to do with him not being allowed to bring in players in the January transfer window when we had an injury crisis at the club? :facepalm: All Boothroyd's fault! :facepalm:

Of course AB was to blame for a lot in terms of style and tactics and no plan b, but are you seriously suggesting there were no other factors involved whatsoever? :facepalm:

Last edited:

skybluesteve76

Otis. Of course I'm not mate. Just disappointed I suppose. Proper winds me up. I honestly thought we had enough in our squad to deal with Barnsley today. I obviously need a reality check!:)

The Reverend Skyblue

your passion comes through skyblue steve, but there is one thing that it is for certain, the blame starts and stops at SISU's door, no investment = no quality, end of.

The Rev

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I suppose this means I can now get rid of all my T-Shirts I had printed with "Coventry City - League Champions 2011 - 12"! Pah! Waste of money!

The Reverend Skyblue

I would say with some confidence that the next 5 games , against which 4 are against teams in the bottom half, that the skyblues are entering the most important month in over a decade. If we are still in the bottom 3 after these games ,then we are in deep trouble.

The Rev

sky_blue_up_north

What I don't is the team that played so well against Blackpool was so shit today, and mean really shit, one decent shot on target all game. Something wrong somewhere

The Reverend Skyblue

Why isn't he playing Cody ? he does'nt score for two games so drops him, and then puts him behind Clive the tree Platt when thinking about substitutions.
This type of thinking i can not understand, Cody's confidence must be rock bottom after seeing the tree coming on before him. Come on Thorny show the lad you trust him.

The Rev

wingy

your passion comes through skyblue steve, but there is one thing that it is for certain, the blame starts and stops at SISU's door, no investment = no quality, end of.

The Rev
Rev, i whole heartedly sign up to the SISU out agenda the sooner the better for me,but the issue for me revolves around the inequitable arrangements involving the arena,unless that gets resolved ,we're perrenially doomed.we're losing out on around £8m.a year,income generated through the stadia,not matter who takes the reins,that arrangement cannot be contended with,SISU ACL COUNCIL COMPASS OUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUT

I would not even want SISU to get the ground now, hold off council and wait for somebody who is serious about it and has this at the heart of any plan and make this a priority. SISU have dodged this one and hoped we would do well and they could have sold us on for a profit without that key move. They got it wrong and should have done this from day 1 IMO.

If SISU got the Ricoh then i would bet our next owners will be renting off them.

Last edited:

Otis

But as has been said, we didn't play that well. We were good for the first 6-7 mins and then after Blackpool were on top for about 60 mins. In total I would say we played well for 20 mins. I wouldn't say that could be deemed as "playing so well." It was all bits and pieces and mixtures of sublime and ridiculousness.

huckerby87

I'm wondering what the bare minimum number of pts could be for survival? Still gutted we missed that pen the other day!!!

Disorganised1

I think the International break has come at the right time for us for once - rest the players, get some fitness up, and move the system around a little.

Paxman II

There can be no doubt today we lacked it all. Similar to Ipswich we just did not get at um!
i hinted before that Thorn's selections were a little suspect and today once more I think he got the balance wrong.
Cody must play or he will quickly become stigmatised and yet Thorn has not shown the confidence why we bought him.
he must be better than Platt surely?
I also said before Bigi is missed alongside Clingan. It's obvious to me but Thorn has decided to tinker and not tinkered well with perhaps the exception of Deagan coming in.
He is showing indecision in the defence too.
I thought we played well when most of these players were in the side even if it was not reflected in results.
You can ask fans to keep the faith but you have to show that yourself.
Christie in Christie out is one example...does the lad doubt himself now? And what of Bigi....has his confidence been shattered?
people say we need experience and I say yes but you also need fresh hungry talent that makes the experienced players step up their game. Mc.Sheffrey a notable example.
I don't see the rave in Thomas. The good footballers in our squad need time to gel and a return to playing them and showing the faith might be Thorn's next best move.
On Harrison as I mentioned before today's mistakes and lack of quality can be apportioned to his coaching ability as much as Thorn's.

None of this has anything to do with SISU.

Nonleagueherewecome

Youngsters making mistakes because they're not ready to play every game has everything to do with SISU. Are you not familiar with the concept of "burnout"? Open your eyes man, they've screwed us over. Where's the loan player? Oh that's right, he's scoring and setting up 2 on his debut for Blackpool in a 5-0 win :mad:

SISU have failed to reinforce, and their business acumen in terms of understanding the investment required to at least stand still is totally lacking.

They are a Venture Capitalist firm; they are doing what they term "recovery", which means stripping us bare to reduce overheads. Results on the pitch are not of any relevance to them-or they don't understand football enough to know this would happen. We are relying on youth players because of a failure to replace the players that left in the past year, which is wrecking their careers and leading to ruined potential. It's almost akin to child-abuse..and if you heard that Ken was a paedophile, honestly, would you really be surprised?!

Just think for a moment about what these vultures do...they pick up firms for virtually nothing, with the aim of making money from them. Nevermind that they tend to do this by stripping quality and reducing end product to reduce costs, rather than adding quality or value for the customer, the very idea of getting something for nothing and making money out of it is morally shady. I expect they want their "chicks for free"?

Last edited:

gary_ccfcforever

Skybluesteve what a load of bollocks you spout. We should always be better than Barnsley??? Why?? Wake up and smell the coffee! We are shit! Sisu have reduced us to nothing! We will be lucky to win 5 games this season! Barnsley deserved the win, it's not down to thorn its down to Sisu!!!!!!!!!! B

gary_ccfcforever

As for you astute talking about being realistic... We have 7 points from 10 games over a season that's about 33 points. RelegTion by miles! Who needs to be realistic??? It's you!!!!!! Are you a Sisu bod? They are destroying our club and all you do is defend them, absolute joke!

Astute

Here we go again. I show the slightest sign of optimism on being able to stay up. This makes me a SISU supporter or even SISU myself :facepalm: In what way did I defend SISU? Show me where I even mentioned them.

Our home form is not too bad. Could be better, but after 5 games we have lost only 1. The only home defeat was the first home game of the season. Our away form is what has put us in trouble. 1 point from 5 games. This must improve. We are not the only team in trouble though. We have players that teams around us would love. Our squad is too small though.

We have Forest at home next. If it was an away game I would expect us to lose or maybe get a point at best. A win could put us into 17th. This shows we are not the only struggling team. We have only lost 2 out of the last 7. Only one win from them games though. From these same games though we have played 3 of the top 7 teams. Drew with 2nd place, beat 3rd place and were unlucky in the end to only get a draw against the 7th place team.

I will say it again. I am not a SISU lover or even SISU myself. Things could be worse on the pitch. That is where the games are played.

My reasons for a little more optimism than most on here? We lost our first few games. There are teams that got points in them games and are now worried where their next points are coming from. Teams like Forest that are losing by more than 2 or 3 goals. 2 defeats in last 7. I am not saying we will stay up. I am not saying we will pull away from the bottom 3. We are not playing as bad as some other teams though. If we got most of our points at the start of the season like a few teams and were now losing most games I would be looking at a long hard season and going down. We must improve away from home though. 1 point from 5 away games is very poor. No need to mention about last minute penalty misses or losing when winning at 90 mins (although I just did :D ) We have some signs to have optimism. We need more goals and better away results. Plenty of if's and but's. If Cody ever gets going this season then we will be OK. But if there is a fire sale next transfer window then .....

Last edited:

Lord_Nampil

There can be no doubt today we lacked it all. Similar to Ipswich we just did not get at um!
i hinted before that Thorn's selections were a little suspect and today once more I think he got the balance wrong.
Cody must play or he will quickly become stigmatised and yet Thorn has not shown the confidence why we bought him.
I also said before Bigi is missed alongside Clingan. It's obvious to me but Thorn has decided to tinker and not tinkered well with perhaps the exception of Deagan coming in.
I thought we played well when most of these players were in the side even if it was not reflected in results.
Christie in Christie out is one example...does the lad doubt himself now? And what of Bigi....has his confidence been shattered?
people say we need experience and I say yes but you also need fresh hungry talent that makes the experienced players step up their game. Mc.Sheffrey a notable example.
I don't see the rave in Thomas. The good footballers in our squad need time to gel and a return to playing them and showing the faith might be Thorn's next best move.
On Harrison as I mentioned before today's mistakes and lack of quality can be apportioned to his coaching ability as much as Thorn's.

I totally agree!!! Do we have the right staff off the pitch??? I don't think we do! It has more todo with Harrison IMO!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think the International break has come at the right time for us for once - rest the players, get some fitness up, and move the system around a little.

There was an "International break" a couple of weeks ago. Didn't help us then and I can't see it helping us now. And why do the players need a "rest"? Christ! They've only played 10 games! Bless their little hearts! :facepalm: They're not exactly running bleeding marathons every week!

skybluesteve76

Skybluesteve what a load of bollocks you spout. We should always be better than Barnsley??? Why?? Wake up and smell the coffee! We are shit! Sisu have reduced us to nothing! We will be lucky to win 5 games this season! Barnsley deserved the win, it's not down to thorn its down to Sisu!!!!!!!!!! B

How the fuck is Barnsley deserving to win down to Sisu? You are talking absute fuckin bollocks mate. The players are good enough in my opinion to finish midtable in this league. We are minus Westwood, but everyone is saying Murphy is better! Minus Gunnar who everyone said was shite anyway! So what we haven't replaced is a goal scorer, but he aint exactly setting the world alight down the road is he? We aren't fuckin performing, the diamond ain't fuckin working! That's not down to Sisu!

skybluesteve76

Someone with half a brain!:)

Astute

How the fuck is Barnsley deserving to win down to Sisu? You are talking absute fuckin bollocks mate. The players are good enough in my opinion to finish midtable in this league. We are minus Westwood, but everyone is saying Murphy is better! Minus Gunnar who everyone said was shite anyway! So what we haven't replaced is a goal scorer, but he aint exactly setting the world alight down the road is he? We aren't fuckin performing, the diamond ain't fuckin working! That's not down to Sisu!

You know how the saying goes on here after making a comment that does not say SISU out. You must be a SISU lover or you are part of SISU :laugh:

To me Westwood has not been replaced like for like yet. You can say though that it is SISU's fault that they could not make him sign a new contract :facepalm: Most agreed that Gunnar was crap the last two seasons with us. After he left he was one of the best 3 players we had :thinking about:. SISU's fault again they could not make him sign a new contract.

To be serious now, part of the blame will be down to them. They would not pay as much as other clubs were willing to. We can't compete with Prem clubs. Cardiff are still throwing money about. Brum could pay more to King and with a longer contract. If we would have kept Gunnar how many would add him as another player we had extended a contract on that was not playing well enough?

skybluesteve76

I'm by no way a Sisu lover, I just live in the real world.
I've been saying all season how we havent replaced Westy, I don't rate Murphy. But have been slated on here for saying that. I rated Gunnar and King, but I genuinely think they wanted out no matter what.
All I'm trying to say is I think we should be doing better than we are, we aren't showing our full potential. AT is showing alot of inexperience and is starting to tinker!

valiant15

I was in the players lounge after the millwall game last season as a guest of gunnars,westy told me he wasnt offered a contract.The reason we are in the shite is all down to the fact that these players are not good enough.Midtable,no chance.Who's fault is it that we have a shite team and a crap manager? Sisu's.

Astute

I'm by no way a Sisu lover, I just live in the real world.
I've been saying all season how we havent replaced Westy, I don't rate Murphy. But have been slated on here for saying that. I rated Gunnar and King, but I genuinely think they wanted out no matter what.
All I'm trying to say is I think we should be doing better than we are, we aren't showing our full potential. AT is showing alot of inexperience and is starting to tinker!

The first part of what I said was in jest if you never noticed. I think Gunnar stopped trying his best well before he left. King waited as long as he could. Then word got out he was signing for us again to rush any team that wanted him. Brum did just this. AT is on a loser whatever if we lose. If he keeps the same team during a game then he should have swapped things around. If he changes things then he either started with the wrong team, took the wrong players off or put the wrong players on.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread