We are the club! (1 Viewer)

McLovin87

I think the Bradford City fan who posted on here hit the nail on the head when he said it is the fans who are the club. Chairman and owners, players, even grounds will come and go, kits will change and sometimes the club badge changes but the one constant will be the fans.

If the worst comes to the worst and we have to start over again then so be it, we still carry the memories; the first time your dad brings to a game, away days with the lads on the train or minbus, bore draws, epic thrillers and then taking your own kids up for the first time. The FA cup will always have the name of "our" club etched alongside Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea etc.

When we scored the injury time winner against Preston in the area semi-final of the Johnstones I went as nuts as a Man Utd fan would have done at the Nou Camp in 1999. We would both be lost in the moment for those few seconds as our team does something extraordinary on the pitch. If things pan out in a certain way we could all be going nuts as we get a last minute penalty to take us out of the Conference to League 2 (whether this as CCFC or "AFC Coventry" is for fate to decide!)

I for one will not be stepping foot inside Sixfields but if any fans do still want to support the team then that is their choice, they are still one of us but taking a course of action they believe is right. This talk of scabs and bitching about who supports SISU and who supports ACL is pathetic, this is the one time in the club's history where we need to stick together.

The Trust or whoever takes the reigns needs to co-ordinate a clear direction for the protest. This should involve working with the Coventry Telegraph, Free Radio etc to get the news of various protests to the fans, most of the the younger generation would use messageboards and forums but older fans will rely on local papers and radio to get up to date information.

This has turned into a classic case the little man against the unacceptable face of capitalism, a shady corporate hedge fund against the fans of community football club, The football world is watching so we need to stop the bitching and infighting and pull together and fight till the game is won!

Users who are viewing this thread