We can try to force sisu out (1 Viewer)

brinner

Do not buy season tickets for next season.

They have the loan that is currently funding us until the end of the season based on the next 2 years season ticket sales so dont renew.

Then sisu will have to pay for it themselves, wont have any players to sell by then to cover it as the half decent 1s we have remaining will be gone in january.

georgehudson

a positive move brinner & i agree, but,
the immediate problem of this 'mob' prevails,
those who may be involved in a takeover, i hope you are progressing well,
please eradicate this lot a.s.a.p.,
PUSB

EleanorRigby

Brinner is 100% correct and this has to be a campaign for the New Year, regardless of what they do with the club SISU are commited to that 2 year loan. If we had utopia and none were bought SISU would be right up the creek.

ccfctommy

I have thought about what happens when I have to renew next season. TBH i'm not sure whenever to renew or not if SISU are still in charge.

AFCCOVENTRY

Boycott games... it is the clearest message to SISU.

Yes the team will suffer but we are in the shit and even if we survived in this league... would you want SISU at the helm?

Macca

though it pains me to say it, this is the only solution. All the gimmicks, banner waving and mini protests how ever well intentioned will achieve nothing

AFCCOVENTRY

catch 22...

but we have to treat this like war.

Sisu hurt us and we will hurt them. And that is financially. Once they realise the fans have left they have no hope.

EleanorRigby

You are correct this will turn into war, more trips to London HQ and protests at the Ricoh. When is the next televised home game, if there is one ?

NINOOVCOV

Boycott games... it is the clearest message to SISU.

Yes the team will suffer but we are in the shit and even if we survived in this league... would you want SISU at the helm?

Now we are talking, its the only way to send sisu scum the message we don't want them bloodsuckers at our club.:thinking about:

Otis

Interesting idea Brinner.

Knowing that many City fans wouldn't be onboard with this in terms of not buying a season ticket at all, what could happen is that you could get a campaign is started to tell fans to either not buy a season ticket, or alternatively not buy one until the very last minute.

That would surely start a panic. Barely a season ticket sold before the new season. Yep there is the Early Bird offer, but if fans truly wanted Sisu gone they would be prepared to take the hit wouldn't they? Besides, if hardly a ST was sold the club would have to extend the offer anyway.

I still myself wish to see an alternative before 'forcing' Sisu out, but this certainly could be an avenue for you to go down and tactic to deploy.

shmmeee

So don't give the club money in the close season and you think the board will just go "oh we'll leave then" rather than, I dunno, sell off anyone of value left at the club. Or mortgage even more of our future income.

You really haven't thought this through. I know your heart is in the right place but our situation is very simple.

Two things will turn the situation around:

1 - A massive increase in revenue through ticket and merchandise sales

2 - A sensible bidder comes in who will take on the debt.

By doing what your doing you are ensuring 1 will never happen while anyone looking to buy the club and not immediately spend millions would probably think they'll be in for the same treatment as SISU before too long.

If you want to make things better spend your time looking for investment or new owners or getting as many people as possible to spend money on the club. Not the opposite.

You may hate SISU for not putting more cash in, but starving them of cash is hardly going to remedy that.

This could have legs although people will miss out on the early bird option which could be a dilemma for some. I am happy to delay my purchase till the very end but there would need to be a good following for this to work. If there was a good following then somebody could represent the fans and meet with SISU and perhaps they may think about getting out earlier if they knew what was coming, who knows?

Chipfat

The gates are down which has to show Sisu that the majority of fans do not want them there, so protests and not buying season tickets will be another nail in the coffin.... It is also going to get worse when most fans find out that Wood and Juke will be going in Jan.. not rumour Wood is already being touted around..... More money off the wage bill and young kids and the likes of Bell, Baker And Macca signing as cheap options..

Clingan will also not sign while Sisu are in control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

EleanorRigby

I have heard the Richard Wood rumour . He may have only another year on his contract too and will be up there with the highest paid. Back to one of the Sheffield clubs is what i have heard and once his fitness is proved will do a "Ben Turner" and not be played much before Xmas.

rob9872

The problem is its habbit forming and something most of us have probably done week in week out for years. As soon as people stop going, then whoever takes over may struggle to get them back. The only thing we could do is not buy season tickets but all still go every week and protest outside the ground. A sense of togetherness, still in the habbit of attending games and a promise to all return as soon as the takeover happens. Perhaps CWR could broadcast over a tannoy so we don't miss whats going on.

Nonleagueherewecome

The problem is that post-relegation, ST sales will be through the floor anyway. Nobody will notice any protest; it'll be assumed that is just the relegation effect.

But I don't think I'll go next season. It's a complete waste of money, and utterly shite in terms of value. I'm sick of the attitude on the gate, from stewards throughout, and crap service from the food vendors.

But most of all, I'm sick of being LIED TO when I am a CUSTOMER. Ethically, morally and politically I am opposed to everything that these VULTURE CAPITALIST SCUM represent. That they are destroying our football club is something I can't carry on helping them do.

As someone who works alternate Saturdays, I've had enough of wasting all of my Saturdays off from August to April and desperately swapping days-off with colleagues at work. It aint easy, and it aint worth it anymore. Frankly, why should I? Just because I love the club? Well it's dying on its arse, and I'm not prepared to legitimise the present owners presence with my attendance.

It was a lot easier to take the last relegation season when I worked every Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread