'We felt it was difficult to conclude on a long-term arrangement' - Wasps pull out of Ricoh Arena ta (1 Viewer)

shelby76

Obviously the ball is in Sisu's court.
History shows though to expect the worst.
What can sisu do? There getting slapped up left right and centre this fight is down to the fans, this lot are hoping we blame sisu wake up everybody.

Otis

And it must be really hard to get a fair deal when bullied and blackmailed into accepting anything.

The legal action is a red herring. We shouldn't allow it to become that red herring. Wrt the legal action, what will be will be.

I partly agree, but the legal action is not just a red herring. Sisu seemingly make enemies all over the place and let's face it they are not liked and also not at all trusted.

I do think that has some bearing here. CCC most certainly didn't trust them at all and still don't I would suspect.

Not saying anyone is trustworthy in this whole sorry mess of course, but this a company that is disliked and therefore I think the legal action issue is relevant.

stupot07

And it must be really hard to get a fair deal when bullied and blackmailed into accepting anything.

The legal action is a red herring. We shouldn't allow it to become that red herring. Wrt the legal action, what will be will be.

Nail firmly on head

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

What do you see as the "end game" Admin?
Genuine question
Purely my opinion but at some point SISU will walk. Most probable way they will do that is to place us into administration.

On the bright side we don't have much in the way of assets for any asset stripping.

Problem is who will bid to take us out of admin? You're talking about a club that will have no ground, be on the verge of being kicked out of the ground they rent and no academy. Why on earth would anyone see that as a good purchase?

NorthernWisdom

I partly agree, but the legal action is not just a red herring. Sisu seemingly make enemies all over the place and let's face it they are not liked and also not at all trusted.

I do think that has some bearing here. CCC most certainly didn't trust them at all and still don't I would suspect.

Not saying anyone is trustworthy in this whole sorry mess of course, but this a company that is disliked and therefore I think the legal action issue is relevant.

It's only relevant if they (and we) allow it to be.

Why get sidetracked into issues which are ultimately irrelevant. Even the Wasps bloke says it's none of his business!

NorthernWisdom

Purely my opinion but at some point SISU will walk. Most probable way they will do that is to place us into administration.

On the bright side we don't have much in the way of assets for any asset stripping.

Problem is who will bid to take us out of admin? You're talking about a club that will have no ground, be on the verge of being kicked out of the ground they rent and no academy. Why on earth would anyone see that as a good purchase?

Ideal distressed purchase for a hedge fund with a track record of moving clubs...

Otis

Why get sidetracked into issues which are ultimately irrelevant. Even the Wasps bloke says it's none of his business!

But then as a company would you want to be doing business with people like that and would you trust doing business with a company like that.

I do believe it has some relevance, though I can fully understand what you are saying and I respect that.

NorthernWisdom

But then as a company would you want to be doing business with people like that and would you trust doing business with a company like that.

I do believe it has some relevance, though I can fully understand what you are saying and I respect that.

I could also say I wouldn't trust a business who made promises to move to London, and stay in Wycombe, but ultimately shafted its main customer base by going behind their back and moving their club (an unheard of thing in this country) and making sure everything was done in secret, away from inquisitive eyes.

But then we'd be going round in circles over who is right, and who is wrong.

The legal bit has been chucked in there for a reason. Don't fall for it and allow pressure there to distract from the main issues. To do so would be the height of stupidity.

Otis

I could also say I wouldn't trust a business who made promises to move to London, and stay in Wycombe, but ultimately shafted its main customer base by going behind their back and moving their club (an unheard of thing in this country) and making sure everything was done in secret, away from inquisitive eyes.

But then we'd be going round in circles over who is right, and who is wrong.

The legal bit has been chucked in there for a reason. Don't fall for it and allow pressure there to distract from the main issues. To do so would be the height of stupidity.

Thing is NW, we can criticise Wasps all we want. They hold all the cards at the moment.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Which is what leads me to believe CCC are behind this, he says discussions were going well and its none of his business. Then after the latest appeal they stop talks saying it is a distraction.

Otis

Which is what leads me to believe CCC are behind this, he says discussions were going well and its none of his business. Then after the latest appeal they stop talks saying it is a distraction.

Could be. Whether we will ever find that out who knows.

lifeskyblue

Personally I feel the wasps hedge fund have beaten the CCFC hedge fund in all respects. SISU got their strategy and tactics wrong and made enemies of virtually everyone (including most fans). Wasps left their problems down south (morally wrong but sensible for their business plan).
I believe SISU have either got to swallow some of their pride (and drop the legal shenanigans) or face the real prospect of losing everything. Their only asset (the golden share) should have been removed by the football league years ago....perhaps that 'August' body can now show they actually do have balls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Only if we let them.

Any how do we not let them?

You want us to move to the Butts now with a capacity of 1,500 or whatever it is?

At the moment Wasps hold all the cards. Until we have somewhere else to play that will be the case.

Nick

Administrator

You want us to move to the Butts now with a capacity of 1,500 or whatever it is?

At the moment Wasps hold all the cards. Until we have somewhere else to play that will be the case.
It should have started by not making them out as hero's when they moved, if they hadn't been welcomed with open arms would it have happened?

Otis

It should have started by not making them out as hero's when they moved, if they hadn't been welcomed with open arms would it have happened?

Yeah, but that is retrospective now.

What should have happened doesn't really help us at all now does it.

NorthernWisdom

Nonsense to suggest a temporary ground is 1,500.

Nonsense to suggest just letting all play out the way of CCC and Wasps is the way for our club to do anything than be in the same place or worse 5, 10 years down the line. Have we learned nothing from the past?!?!?

It's that desperation that lets us move to an unsustainable Ricoh. It's that desperation that lets SISU in.

Don't fall for it!

Wasps hold the cards if we tell them we insist our club does everything they tell us to!!!

So we make some noise, we make some protest, we remind people that there are Coventry football (association and rugby) clubs in the city that are far bigger and more important than Wasps will ever be!

italiahorse

There are a lot of positives in his statement. They have agreed on two thirds of the 17 points but have now reached a point where they need to wait for the legal action to finish and they can start again on the other third.
We have 2 years to get this done and they can start again where they left off.
I have always said the Legals would get in the way. To be honest I didn't think they would get so much done.

Skyblueweeman

It's all good. Otis is winning the Euromillions tomorrow night. Mrs Otis isn't seeing a penny and once this is all blown over, the memorial walls at the Ricoh are going to see all those names replaced by Otis' one liners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wingy

N
Nothing to do with JR2?

Grendel

I'm sorry but you sound very gullible.

Wasps want CCFC destroyed and out of existence. They have the minute they came to Coventry.

The council want the same.

Only a fool would believe anything they say.

The Reverend Skyblue

I sense we are on the move again, maybe Northampton, or even MK. A three year contract or so , so they can build a stadium within rugby council area will do. I bloody hate being bullied like this. Rugby ,or Warwick council area who would welcome us with open arms , if it takes three years of hurt I'm up for it
I can't see it any other way. I never went to Northampton but if it happens I will defo go back to Northampton, the club has been royally screwed by the council ,Higgs and Wasps.

Hobo

It seems as though Anderson and Wasps were a long way down a road to an agreement. Yet again another city executive has the rug pulled from under their feet by antics higher up in SISU. It is understandable SISU persistence in legal action has grounded the deal.

Hopefully this is a temporary problem and things can get back on track sometime in the future.

Otis

It's all good. Otis is winning the Euromillions tomorrow night. Mrs Otis isn't seeing a penny and once this is all blown over, the memorial walls at the Ricoh are going to see all those names replaced by Otis' one liners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then you just watch the crowds drop off.

We'd be playing in front of less than 2,000 within weeks.

stupot07

There are a lot of positives in his statement. They have agreed on two thirds of the 17 points but have now reached a point where they need to wait for the legal action to finish and they can start again on the other third.
We have 2 years to get this done and they can start again where they left off.
I have always said the Legals would get in the way. To be honest I didn't think they would get so much done.

No they haven't, they said they were half to 2/3rs through the list,

“We still had some points not agreed, but we agreed some of the key points for example how to make food and beverage work from their point of view, how hospitality would work, where to locate a club shop in the stadium - all those sort of things were agreed.

For all we know this could be PR bollocks. You'll swallow it though.

Let's wait for andersons response before whacking one out

SkyBlue_Bear83

The worrying thing is, does anyone actually expect SISU to back down after this latest threat. I suspect SISU will explore every legal option available to them before cutting there losses so aren't going to care what this mean for us over the next 50 years and Anderson himself can do f all about the legal action.

Unless one side backs down we will be without a ground to play in and have no academy by 2018. The folding of the club soon to follow

Sky Blue Kid

No they haven't, they said they were half to 2/3rs through the list,

“We still had some points not agreed, but we agreed some of the key points for example how to make food and beverage work from their point of view, how hospitality would work, where to locate a club shop in the stadium - all those sort of things were agreed.

For all we know this could be PR bollocks. You'll swallow it though.

Let's wait for andersons response before whacking one out

Nothing like "Splitting hairs" is there stupot07 ;)

Grendel

It seems as though Anderson and Wasps were a long way down a road to an agreement. Yet again another city executive has the rug pulled from under their feet by antics higher up in SISU. It is understandable SISU persistence in legal action has grounded the deal.

Hopefully this is a temporary problem and things can get back on track sometime in the future.

Why do you think that? Because someone in Wasps said it? The same person in Wasps who said today on the radio that he hoped the club remained at the Higgs trust and that they only even considered the place as they thought CCFC would leave anyway?

Christ you are a double glazing salesmans dream.

stupot07

Nothing like "Splitting hairs" is there stupot07 ;)
Anderson said this

Were you able to reach any provisional agreements / common ground on the 17 or so areas where you were looking for a better deal for the club?

"No. We had productive and friendly conversations about the various areas that an agreement should cover, like parking, rent, ticket office and retail shop, health and safety, even the colour of the seats and the Jimmy Hill statue or Memorial Garden - but we never got to that stage."

So who is telling the truth who is lying? The wasps guy makes it sound like its been official HoT discussions, doesn't seem that way from Anderson's comments.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-managing-director-chris-11420915

Users who are viewing this thread