We NEED to appeal that. (3 Viewers)

rylee

IMG_3070.jpeg IMG_3104.jpeg IMG_3105.jpeg
We have every right to appeal and should do at the earliest opportunity. How can any argument about no bias be given with a fucking line clearly visible over the boot of Wan-Bissaka

messiahrobins

View attachment 35247View attachment 35248View attachment 35249
We have every right to appeal and should do at the earliest opportunity. How can any argument about no bias be given with a fucking line clearly visible over the boot of Wan-Bissaka
I expect the club to now back up Nottingham Forest and make a big deal about this as that was blatant fraud and has to be taken through the courts unless we are awarded the win. We should sue for the lost revenue of the final.

I had Man utd fans in that end who texted me about 20 mins ago to say that Wright was well onside and the lines didnt correlate at all to where he was when the ball was released. They said they were dead level.

This i an opportunity for all EFL clubs and smaller PL clubs to join forces as that was quite clearly bollocks.

rylee

I expect the club to now back up Nottingham Forest and make a big deal about this as that was blatant fraud and has to be taken through the courts unless we are awarded the win. We should sue for the lost revenue of the final.

I had Man utd fans in that end who texted me about 20 mins ago to say that Wright was well onside and the lines didnt correlate at all to where he was when the ball was released. They said they were dead level.

This i an opportunity for all EFL clubs and smaller PL clubs to join forces as that was quite clearly bollocks.
100%. This really needs to be acted on quickly, we as fans must do as much as possible too.

messiahrobins

100%. This really needs to be acted on quickly, we as fans must do as much as possible too.
Need to ring CWR tomorrow night as Clive and Rob are on and make a big deal about this and they in turn need to put it to the club during the week as does Andy Turner .
This isnt now just about Coventry City, this is about the soul of football. After today with both us and Forest, how can we now trust honest decisions are being made behind the scenes. Chelsea were shafted as well btw.

rylee

Need to ring CWR tomorrow night as Clive and Rob are on and make a big deal about this and they in turn need to put it to the club during the week as does Andy Turner .
This isnt now just about Coventry City, this is about the soul of football. After today with both us and Forest, how can we now trust honest decisions are being made behind the scenes. Chelsea were shafted as well btw.

I’m gonna ring Talksport too. If anybody can provide me a rational explanation as to why the line was painted over Wan-Bissaka’s toe (where you can even see the end of the boot going into the red/pink) then please provide details. If I wasn’t in another country I would be leading the way to FA headquarters/PGMOL.

messiahrobins

I’m gonna ring Talksport too. If anybody can provide me a rational explanation as to why the line was painted over Wan-Bissaka’s toe (where you can even see the end of the boot going into the red/pink) then please provide details. If I wasn’t in another country I would be leading the way to FA headquarters/PGMOL.
It was blatantly manipulated...but even then he was in fact level so even with the lines as they were it should have stood so they fucked up twice.

SkyblueTexan

Things are rigged by the powers that be to favour a Man City vs Man Utd final as it will sell more tickets. I don't think this decision will be overturned. The league and the world is corrupt.

Alkhen

It was shit, Haji gained nothing from whatever marginal millimetre he was ahead as AWB was running back and Haji was side on.

I honestly don't know why they don't say there has to be clear daylight between last man and striker for offside. Any part is level it's on side. Make it the same rules as when a ball is checked to see if it has crossed the line... the whole of the ball has to be over the whole of the line. The whole of the man is passed the whole of the defender. Would clear stuff up surely? At the very least it would mean more goals. Football is an entertainment why are they hell-bent on stubbing out goals for bullshit like today

Last edited:

messiahrobins

Things are rigged by the powers that be to favour a Man City vs Man Utd final as it will sell more tickets. I don't think this decision will be overturned. The league and the world is corrupt.
What happened today was TV executives quickly got on the phone to tell the FA to get that VAR checked and disallowed, the line that was drawn is literally over Bassakas boot lol it was so hurriedly done. We were never going to be allowed to win today. Except we did win, and in some ways Nottingham Forest have done us a huge favour as their statement really has now opened the can of worms up about obvious corruption, which we saw in our match.
We now know what these players are capable of, what we have to do now is get the consistency..remember this is the squad who lost at Rotherham while it was bedding in so those sort of performances need to be gone for good as there is no excuse now.
The funny thing is Man City v Coventry will have got more global viewing figures i think. Everyone knows man city will shit on man utd, even Man utd fans are doing polls as to how many they will lose by!!

Alkhen

Ha come on I don't think we would have struggled to sell our tickets.

It was offside. Those lines are enlarged for TV. It was marginal and just bad luck.

TomRad85

Woke up just feeling angry at what has been taken from. Luckily there's absolutely no hypocrisy from me, always thought VAR was an absolute cancer on the sport. People who supported it will conveniently disappear like when Germany lost the war and they were all like "nah, I never liked Hitler me mate.. what the poster? That's just a joke!"

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

At worst it was marginal, as MR said it was a toenail off. Not the spirit of the offside rule at all - just killing the game and their autism has snatched away what was the greatest fa cup shock of all time.

I don't buy it as a conspiracy as such, but if the roles were reversed do they disallow it? No way.
If you put the lines in front of both players’ boots they overlap.

larry_david

Guy's were angry, I get it. I'm angry. But this conspiracy about ruling it out as it doesn't give the bbc what they want simple can't be true.

If it were, VAR would have ruled out our 90th min handball pen decision wouldn't it?

Brighton Sky Blue

Guy's were angry, I get it. I'm angry. But this conspiracy about ruling it out as it doesn't give the bbc what they want simple can't be true.

If it were, VAR would have ruled out our 90th min handball pen decision wouldn't it?
The difference being that there they’d send the ref to the monitor and he might well have just upheld his decision. With this, the game has just been won and if they choose to cancel the goal the stadium officials can do nothing.

Release the audio I say

larry_david

The difference being that there they’d send the ref to the monitor and he might well have just upheld his decision. With this, the game has just been won and if they choose to cancel the goal the stadium officials can do nothing.

Release the audio I say
Tbf they should release the audio for all of it. Or we should hear it live.

What I do hate is that jts genuinely accepted just because some twat no one sees draws a dodgy line

Otis

No point appealing, it won’t change a thing , get rid of var and go back to allowing refs and linesmen to make decisions as the always have
Not sure they can. There would be an absolute outpouring of anger from managers saying the officials have made horrendous mistakes and made glaring errors and missed stuff.

You can't win really.

Just need to stop the nonsense VAR decision making and use it properly, because at the moment, it's not fit for purpose.

Sky Blue Pete

It was shit, Haji gained nothing from whatever marginal millimetre he was ahead as AWB was running back and Haji was side on.

I honestly don't know why they don't say there has to be clear daylight between last man and striker for offside. Any part is level it's on side. Make it the same rules as when a ball is checked to see if it has crossed the line... the whole of the ball has to be over the whole of the line. The whole of the man is passed the whole of the defender. Would clear stuff up surely? At the very least it would mean more goals. Football is an entertainment why are they hell-bent on stubbing out goals for bullshit like today
It wouldn’t there would still be marginal decisions
It’s just so galling that no one even appealed - absolutely gutted still

Skyblue Bangkok

Not sure they can. There would be an absolute outpouring of anger from managers saying the officials have made horrendous mistakes and made glaring errors and missed stuff.

You can't win really.

Just need to stop the nonsense VAR decision making and use it properly, because at the moment, it's not fit for purpose.
Managers of course never blame themselves for horrendous mistakes or their players

Mucca Mad Boys

Release the audio I say
Great point. The referee needs the power to overrule VAR. Again, in rugby and other sports, the referee can disagree with the TMO/VAR equivalents. In football it seems that VAR is the ultimate power.

If the referee makes the decision himself, then fair enough. It seems that the on field decision was ‘goal’ and it wasn’t a clear and obvious error. No one thought it was offside from both teams until the got the measuring sticks and magnifying glasses out.

Shannerz

I don't think there is any conspiracy. I just think there is ineptitude.
Agreed. It's idiots incapable of sensibly applying available technology.

If you are having to determine whose toenail is most advanced, then even putting aside the spirit of it, you are not allowing for margin of error.

I don't think you can genuinely say whose toenail was most advanced at the exact moment the ball was played with 100% certainty. Yet on that, the result of a flagship match is changed. Crazy even without Sky Blue glasses.

There's no conspiracy, though. The idea these fuck-knuckles could conspire anything is laughable.

Sky Blue Pete

Great point. The referee needs the power to overrule VAR. Again, in rugby and other sports, the referee can disagree with the TMO/VAR equivalents. In football it seems that VAR is the ultimate power.

If the referee makes the decision himself, then fair enough. It seems that the on field decision was ‘goal’ and it wasn’t a clear and obvious error. No one thought it was offside from both teams until the got the measuring sticks and magnifying glasses out.
Only cause that’s how it works
Think there needs to be a measure of umpires call before it’s overturned would make it much better
As it is all of football missed out on a moment of history

bigfatronssba

I don't think there is any conspiracy. I just think there is ineptitude.

I think there might be an element of personal bias in there.
I’d be interested to know who the VAR official supports.

When it’s a close call everyone goes with want they want an outcome to be

bigfatronssba

We know we won and that’s how we will be remembered. Better than being remembered for being humiliated in the Final

Exactly that

Do we really want the final game of our season to be a hammering by Man City?

djr8369

So many issues, stupid offside rule, placement of the lines, what frame they used and if it was the moment the ball was released to Haji, why is VAR checking it and over turning on pitch decision if there isn’t a clear and obvious error? There will always be arguments and disagreements but so many are self inflicted by daft rules and poor application of them.

Sky Blue Pete

So many issues, stupid offside rule, placement of the lines, what frame they used and if it was the moment the ball was released to Haji, why is VAR checking it and over turning on pitch decision if there isn’t a clear and obvious error? There will always be arguments and disagreements but so many are self inflicted by daft rules and poor application of them.
Yep wasn’t clear and obvious is bang on
He’s technically off there’s no conspiracy but it’s just a wrong headed decision to rule it out

Users who are viewing this thread