Weather Preston (1 Viewer)

orig skyblue87

Does anyone no if PNE have undersoil heating?

I live in Blackpool and its the coldest its been today and the ground here is frozen solid.

Snow is also forecast, keeping my fingers crossed looking forward to tomorrow

fernandopartridge

Snow is actually helpful as far as frozen pitches go - it insulates the grass I believe.

I'm about 40 miles away and it is very cold.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It's not that bad in Cov. As I write the sun is shining and the snow is melting.

And as I write, the roads are as clear as a bell and have been for nearly a week. Not a flake of snow anywhere! :)

ccfc_87

From Blackpool too and can't wait for further bragging rights, although recent history isn't on our side up here!!

I don't think they do have undersoil heating though.

pricey

There's loads of snow forecast for the rest of the day up here too. All depends how keen they are to play as to how "easily" it can be cleared!

SkyBlueRuffian

Heavy snow forecast in the North West this evening, so the game could be as doubtful as attending your brothers wedding!

Gint11

Doesnt matter about the weather anyway. Preston dont need a pitch. They dont play football, they play american football with their tactics. Hope Edge gets some revenge tomorrow!!!

Grendel

Cheers - never been to Preston before

You won't want to go again its a dump. If your going in a car you could go to Riversway which is a dockside development, I would but I am an AB domographic sort of guy.

theferret

What's up with the two perfectly decent boozers just over the bridge 5 minutes walk from the ground? Never had any issues in either of those places.

Skyblue4u

If the rain that's just pushed up out of Cornwall turns to snow over the West Midlands nobody will be going to Preston, Like a bloody tropical monsoon!

Sub

well the snow is falling in stoke on trent and has been for a while there is about 3-4 inches of snow here and its still snowing heavily i will post what the weather is like here in the morning if that will help anybody on there way up to the preston game:D

ccfc_87

Blackpool isn't great either, just a 15min drive from Deepdale. Lots of sleet which has now turned to reasonably heavy snow....not looking good!

Sub

blizzard conditions here at the moment 5-6 inches of snow and still coming down

kg82

I hope it's on. It seems the feelings of disdain we have for Westley are mutual from our PNE counterparts and Robins! They seem to think he's obsessed with PNE - I'm not sure they realise the fixture list kind of got us playing each other 3 times in 5 weeks... Might explain why he's talked about them a lot recently! Not the brightest. As for the sledging of their tactics... truth hurts!

tippex9

I just heard on Talksport news that the M6 is closed in both directions in Lancashire, junction 27 I think they said. Trucks and cars sideways on carriageway.

Sub

stopped snowing here now very cold tho and about a foot of snow on the ground roads heading north are terrible m6 still blocked so if your going to the game i would either leave very early and check you will get there with traffic reports or not even risk it seen as the m6 is still shut at the moment :(:(

Users who are viewing this thread