Weight loss/fitness (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Just wondered if anyone has been doing fitness training recently/for a while and could point some tips?

Been going to gym 5-7 days a week for the last 8 weeks and lost 1 stone and 5Ibs :)

Nick

Administrator
Need to get back onto it.

Are you trying to lose weight? Or just generally get fit?

ccfc92

Need to get back onto it.

Are you trying to lose weight? Or just generally get fit?

Bit of both. But basically, too many beers, and I reached a point where I was really unhappy with my weight/appearance.

I've been doing mainly cardio to raise fitness and fat loss, while doing medium weights to keep some muscle tone.

Most importantly, I've been using a machine that measures weight, body fat, muscle % etc and the fat has gone down with the weight, but muscle % gone up, which is what I wanted :)

Nick

Administrator
Fair play!

I was doing the same and went from work every day but change of circumstance :( only time I can now is about 7 and by the time I've sat down I can't be bothered.

ccfc92

Fair play!

I was doing the same and went from work every day but change of circumstance :( only time I can now is about 7 and by the time I've sat down I can't be bothered.

I had exactly the same issue, but started taking my gym stuff to work with me, so I go directly from work and I found that easier. Last couple of weeks, I've done some mornings before work, which I prefer to be honest, it's just getting up that's the issue!

It was frustrating though at times, because I lost 4-5lbs quickly, then stayed the same for a few weeks, but the last few weeks I've lost another stone.

Also, changed my lunches at work, no sandwiches etc just chicken and rice, fruit, those Wheetabix shakes for breakfast. Also, Almonds ;) :D

Nick

Administrator
I had exactly the same issue, but started taking my gym stuff to work with me, so I go directly from work and I found that easier. Last couple of weeks, I've done some mornings before work, which I prefer to be honest, it's just getting up that's the issue!

It was frustrating though at times, because I lost 4-5lbs quickly, then stayed the same for a few weeks, but the last few weeks I've lost another stone.

Also, changed my lunches at work, no sandwiches etc just chicken and rice, fruit, those Wheetabix shakes for breakfast. Also, Almonds ;) :D
Yeah protein did help. Have you tried shakes rather than weetabix? Probably better and cheaper

Wish I could go from work or before, used to love going before work but can't do that now :(

It's harder to eat healthy when not going to the gym too.

ccfc92

Just to clarify though, I haven't gone full health freak, just more exercise, healthier foods, less beers (Excluding weekends of course ;) )

It can be done :)

ccfc92

Yeah protein did help. Have you tried shakes rather than weetabix? Probably better and cheaper

Wish I could go from work or before, used to love going before work but can't do that now :(

It's harder to eat healthy when not going to the gym too.

I had my first protein shake today, so will add that to the diet and see how I get on.

The only reason why I have the Wheetabix shakes is due to time and never being sure what to have for breakfast. But they're high in fibre and protein, and relatively low in sugar :)

Nick

Administrator
I had my first protein shake today, so will add that to the diet and see how I get on.

The only reason why I have the Wheetabix shakes is due to time and never being sure what to have for breakfast. But they're high in fibre and protein, and relatively low in sugar :)
You can get instant oats online, mix them in with your shake and job done. Just make sure you are near a toilet after the first couple.

ccfc92

Weird as it sounds you will have more energy from it too?

Yes, 100%. I used to have an energy drink every day, I've cut them out too. I literally have them once every three weeks now, when I work a Saturday.

ccfc92

You can get instant oats online, mix them in with your shake and job done. Just make sure you are near a toilet after the first couple.

Might look into that :) Yes, after my shake earlier, it wasn't good :D That's why I tried adding more fibre to my diet, as I wasn't getting nearly enough but lot's of protein.

Pipehitterz

Lol at being lucky
Had a bad illness so lost 2 Stone in 3 months. trim as Fuck but probably dying as have hospital week Thursday
Silver lining and all that!

Sky_Blue_Daz

I've lost nearly 3 1/2 stone over 2 years
Mainly through swimming and running done a few half marathons although o did do boot camp sessions but due to work commitments I couldn't afford to keep doing them.I'm currently running 9 miles twice a week but will increase that nearer to the next cov half marathon after every run I do 10 burpees and 20 squats I've changed my eating habits cut down on bread (only have whole meal now) and potatoes also massively cut down on beer only had 1 good drink this month whereas at one point I was going through a case over a weekend
Gonna try to lose half a stone between now and Christmas
Also when I'm on nights I do 50 sit ups and a 2 minute plank twice through the shift.
I've always been over weight but never realised how much
I've gone from a 52 chest to a 48 and a 44 waist to 38
Would like to get to a 36inch waist eventually

Captain Dart

Lol at being lucky
Had a bad illness so lost 2 Stone in 3 months. trim as Fuck but probably dying as have hospital week Thursday
Silver lining and all that!

Shit man, my best wishes. Hope it turns out OK.

rob9872

Lost 4 stone for charity 3 years ago. Put 5 stone back on since and really need to get motivated again. Always find an excuse not to but can't see anything changing this side of Christmas.

ccfc92

Lost 4 stone for charity 3 years ago. Put 5 stone back on since and really need to get motivated again. Always find an excuse not to but can't see anything changing this side of Christmas.

I literally started on a Monday, 8 weeks ago. Just turned my diet and routine around.

I'm not going to pretend I eat 100% healthy, did Burger King twice last week :oops: but just kept up the gym side, to counter act the "cheat" day/s ;)

You can do it :)

Hadji10

Eat well, exercise, limit drinking and takeaways. Weight will drop off. Don't get why people go on mad diets and shit, it's really easy to lose weight you just have to stick to it.

hill83

Even though I get called a fat bastard on here for some reason, I'm just under 11 stone and literally no matter what I do I can't seem to reach 11 stone.

Not sure if that helps or not.

hill83

Still a bastard.

giphy.gif

ccfc92

Even though I get called a fat bastard on here for some reason, I'm just under 11 stone and literally no matter what I do I can't seem to reach 11 stone.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Not really :D :joyful:

I was never like stupidly big, just needed a better diet and more exercise, and it seems to have worked :)

Users who are viewing this thread