Well done Council! Bravo (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

What a shit article. We're nowhere near the top 10 as proven at the bottom.

robbiekeane

Funnily enough, I spent some time in the city centre in December for probably the first time in 5 years or so. I can’t believe how far it’s come.

I actually took my missus for a walk around the cathedral area in the evening and it’s lit up beautifully, around turtle bay etc, then around the Xmas market bit with the food stalls and bratwurst etc. Would previously have avoided at all costs with her 😂

To think that used to be a shitty half arsed shopping centre with a wilkos and a Waterstones and nothing else.

come on leaps and bounds - huge transformation

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's far from perfect but I think overall it's better than it was a few years ago. A lot of the problems it has are just as bad as any other city/town.

It could be better, but it could also be worse.

Reactions: AOM

Terry_dactyl

Over the years been ‘showing off’ the sites of Cov to the Mrs.
The trip before last had a very pleasant day, wandering around the city centre and going to the Herbert Art Gallery (which I hadn’t been in for 35 years). While we were sat in the cafe bit she mused, “Coventry’s pretty good actually”.

And we still haven’t been to the car museum!!

shmmeee

Dont know what we’ve got. Went to Northampton the other week, fuck me makes Cov look like Venice. The city centre is unrecognisable from not so long back and the bits that aren’t are pretty much all due to redevelopment (CCS for example).

Flying Fokker

And some believe that? Fine by me. We are better positioned than a lot of places. Access to healthcare, although patchy in places, is better than many areas. Those people who don’t like it can go in any direction and the coast is less than 3 hours away. BTW what do people expect? Airports nearby, local transport easily accessible, work possible if you want a job. The lack of affordable housing is a concern. Do these people want something for nothing?

skybluejelly

Dont know what we’ve got. Went to Northampton the other week, fuck me makes Cov look like Venice. The city centre is unrecognisable from not so long back and the bits that aren’t are pretty much all due to redevelopment (CCS for example).

Yep completely agree..hadn’t been to Northampton centre for years couldn’t believe how bad it was .. I think the rise of Coventry uni has had a huge impact on decent shops and restaurants in cov

Users who are viewing this thread