Well done yeovil (1 Viewer)

wingy

What a fine example of a small successful well run Club.Obvious they were very useful in that first game ,Congratulations.

stupot07

Now the highest place club from the west county
look at the large towns/cities down there
40,000 in yeovil
250,000 in plymouth
75,000 in torquay
119,000 in exeter
433,000 in bristol

To be fair on Bristol....they do have 2 teams

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I remember standing at their ground for our first game of the season thinking 'how low have we fallen?'.

Now I look at them, and look at us and wonder what went wrong! :(

Well in reality we all knows what's gone wrong, but still, it's a sad day seeing us in a lower league than some of the clubs that are very small.

However, they've done things the right way. Ran correctly off field, managed well, and seem to the looking upwards.

stupot07

I remember standing at their ground for our first game of the season thinking 'how low have we fallen?'.

Well in reality we all knows what's gone wrong, but still, it's a sad day seeing us in a lower league than some of the clubs that are very small.

However, they've done things the right way. Ran correctly off field, managed well, and seem to the looking upwards.
Yep well run, well managed, with a good manager for an e's for a player and more importantly knowing the exact types and blend of players needed to be successful.

ccfcway

League one on tour :sleep:

RegTheDonk

Thanks for that Deano :thumbsup:

Well done to Yeovil.

What was it Linell said after that 1st game? "I can guarantee Yeovile won't be there at the end of the season" or summit to that effect?

Macca

I know what you mean. However the point is that league position is not the only thing they have over us.

As it stands, we are feck all

Hi folks thanks for the kind comments. We did ride our luck today at times and the task ahead is massive.
We won't splash the cash. We haven't got any. We will just continue carrying on as we were. Living within our means. Yes we may well struggle but I heard that we will double our playing budget to £1.6 million next season....just a bigger peanut! You need at least £6 million to have a good chance of survival. We will get money from increased TV rights.
We do have an astute manager though who can unearth gems from free transfers and loans, so never say never.
If we managed to finish 20th next season we'd be over the moon. However we deserve one season with the big boys for our efforts.
Good luck for next season

R

RB1992

Wonder why its only Bristol that have never really had a shout in terms of a "successful" football club out of all the large cities in England. I'm sure someone could tell me.

Users who are viewing this thread